Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of us have confirmed that we are taking our cars home on Monday? My pick up appointment is at 7:30 P.M. Still haven't decided between leasing and buying!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Picking mine up on Monday as well. They said I could come at 12 and be first, but I am going at 4 or 5. Can't wait. These 5 weeks have been long but at least I haven't made a car payment for a month and now get $1,000 loyalty.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I have my appointment 7p! Ill probably start heading there around 6-630p and since i've signed all my papers already, I just need to hand in my trade-in(well rental as of last week) and get my keys then drive my baby home! :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm picking mine up at 6:00 PM after I'm off work. It's not often that I'm looking forward to a Monday! :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I *think* i'll be one of those picking up their cars next week. The dealer wanted to finalize paperwork over the weekend despite the fact that my car still hasn't arrived there. Of course, I'm not buying anything until I test drive that specific one.

Assuming the car comes in within the next few days, I figure Wednesday is going to be my day.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I THINK that I'll be able to drive down and pick up my Q50 either Tuesday or Wednesday! The car should arrive from Tampa on Monday but I was told that they aren't letting anyone take ownership until Tuesday due to update/inspection. Of course I still haven't been able to obtain finalized numbers (heck, any numbers from them!) so this could all fall apart in the 11th hour! Lord forbid!!!

But assuming all goes as planned, I'll be taking half a day off and making the trip to Huntsville......hopefully on Tuesday!!

Reactions: chicagokevo

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Car xfer from Houston will be en route after planned update early Monday; my Dallas dealership stated it could be here Monday night, but made it clear that it may arrive Tues or Wed. Doesn't matter because I'm going to FL on Tues mrng & won't be back until Sun. I plan to drive it home the following Mon, so Aug 12. I'll be driving vicariously through each of you driving off this week. :p

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I'm picking mine up Monday around 7. Lease already, Ben...you're going to want a new one in a few years anyways...

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I'd love to be able to pick mine up on Monday but the salesman I had been working with is clearly determined to squeeze me. The dealership is marking up the money factor. Even though they do work with the USAA car buying service, they are not going to discount the car even $1 to make the sale. Lastly, the car I have been told that they have allocated for me isn't even there yet despite promises to the contrary.

It's all good though. I feel like I was forcing this deal as opposed to being patient and approaching this deal rationally. Demand for this car is high right now and some dealers are going to use this to their maximum advantage. I will just wait a few months and let things settle a bit. I would have been rolling in a couple of payments from my current lease anyway.

Congratulations to those of you who are picking up your cars on Monday. I can't wait to read about your experiences. For those who are in a similar situation to myself, head on over to the forum at clublexus.com and take a look at the lease deal thread over there for the new GS350. You'll notice a nice little pattern of progressively better deals as time went on. We're in for the same ride.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'd love to be able to pick mine up on Monday but the salesman I had been working with is clearly determined to squeeze me. The dealership is marking up the money factor. Even though they do work with the USAA car buying service, they are not going to discount the car even $1 to make the sale. Lastly, the car I have been told that they have allocated for me isn't even there yet despite promises to the contrary.

It's all good though. I feel like I was forcing this deal as opposed to being patient and approaching this deal rationally. Demand for this car is high right now and some dealers are going to use this to their maximum advantage. I will just wait a few months and let things settle a bit. I would have been rolling in a couple of payments from my current lease anyway.

Congratulations to those of you who are picking up your cars on Monday. I can't wait to read about your experiences. For those who are in a similar situation to myself, head on over to the forum at clublexus.com and take a look at the lease deal thread over there for the new GS350. You'll notice a nice little pattern of progressively better deals as time went on. We're in for the same ride.
Sorry to hear about your dealer, you should call Infiniti corporate and complain and then go to another dealer. And honestly, I don't think demand is as high as they are telling you. They might have sold a bunch upfront but they have a lot of stock and are getting more, good for you, bad for them if they have inventory at the end of the month.

As for the GS350, I think they had a really good lease deal but it's over now. I would wait until September when a new deal will most likely come out. Have you driven the GS yet? If not, if you want to same sporty driving experience you have the get the higher priced F Sport. It's a really nice car but is a larger car than the Q50 but doesn't drive as large as it is.

My advice is to test drive all the cars you like before you make any forced decision to satisfy your "want now need".

Good luck.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I THINK that I'll be able to drive down and pick up my Q50 either Tuesday or Wednesday! The car should arrive from Tampa on Monday but I was told that they aren't letting anyone take ownership until Tuesday due to update/inspection. Of course I still haven't been able to obtain finalized numbers (heck, any numbers from them!) so this could all fall apart in the 11th hour! Lord forbid!!!

But assuming all goes as planned, I'll be taking half a day off and making the trip to Huntsville......hopefully on Tuesday!!
Hey! You fixed your transfer issue?!? Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Hopefully picking up mine on the 8th. I'd be lucky though if it came in today's shipment and was ready for tomorrow?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dealer, you should call Infiniti corporate and complain and then go to another dealer. And honestly, I don't think demand is as high as they are telling you. They might have sold a bunch upfront but they have a lot of stock and are getting more, good for you, bad for them if they have inventory at the end of the month.

As for the GS350, I think they had a really good lease deal but it's over now. I would wait until September when a new deal will most likely come out. Have you driven the GS yet? If not, if you want to same sporty driving experience you have the get the higher priced F Sport. It's a really nice car but is a larger car than the Q50 but doesn't drive as large as it is.

My advice is to test drive all the cars you like before you make any forced decision to satisfy your "want now need".

Good luck.
Wouldnt do any good.. VPP guarantees vehicle price.. not rates.. the dealer has free reign over that.. if anyone close to NJ is having that issue, PM me.. I cant change what your dealer is doing, but I wont mark anything up if you are willing to drive

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts

Good luck.
Infiniti allows dealers to mark up the money factor

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.