Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to see the Venetian Ruby! A very sexy color indeed! Anyways, enjoy! :D

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats the first pics I have seen where the 17's look decent... still too much sidewall for my tastes!

But I find it funny that there are perfectly matching black and white G37s lurking right behind the Q50s. Lol
Haha yea! It was wierd how they positioned it but those were at the side and the back of the dealer anyway! I actually left already then as I turned the corner, I saw the precious Moonlight White Q50 I fell in love to being with! :D

And so, as I turned another corner I parked @ the side and walked towards it then saw this black Q50 at a ramp! Just had to take a pic of it! Should have taken a pic of the 2 side by side but there wasnt enough room even for my wide angle lens!

Very nice pics. I think your camera got alots to do with it :)
Haha! Thanks man! Editing photos in Lightroom helps a lot too! :D

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
In person how would you say they compare? Does the Q50 give off more presence than the G37?

But the base model wheel designs is an area where Infiniti still needs some work. The base models always look somewhat frumpy/puffy because of the smaller wheels, taller sidewalls. This can be said about the FX, JX, M and from the looks of it the Q50. But I'll reserve full judgement until I finally see the car in person...

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In person how would you say they compare? Does the Q50 give off more presence than the G37?

But the base model wheel designs is an area where Infiniti still needs some work. The base models always look somewhat frumpy/puffy because of the smaller wheels, taller sidewalls. This can be said about the FX, JX, M and from the looks of it the Q50. But I'll reserve full judgement until I finally see the car in person...
Q50 had more presence for sure! The headlights alone are strikingly beautiful as it is but as a modder I also have that look of beauty for the G37 but mostly for its potential than what it currently looks! The interior sold it for me! Especially the kacchu trim + graphite interior combination! I think thats one of the reasons why I dont wanna go for the non hybrid! Because if I configure it to my liking, I get the mandatory wood trim which I am not really fond of compared to the kacchu trim!

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
That's the exact red with stone I wanted. They wouldn't trade with Tustin and when I tried negotiating with them to lease it they were not friendly or accommodating so I ended up getting the only other red with stone in so cal at Montclair. I'm so glad south bay didn't work for my business because I ended up with the 19" sport rims and I like them much better. The 17's aren't awful but they look like every other rim on any 30k sedan. The sport rims are unique and look like they cost more than the 1k difference in price.

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Great pics! I'm still struck by how much more the lighter colors show the hood creases and lines vs. the black. Maybe it's just the pics but to me, there's is a noticeable differenc in the way those lines look.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's the exact red with stone I wanted. They wouldn't trade with Tustin and when I tried negotiating with them to lease it they were not friendly or accommodating so I ended up getting the only other red with stone in so cal at Montclair. I'm so glad south bay didn't work for my business because I ended up with the 19" sport rims and I like them much better. The 17's aren't awful but they look like every other rim on any 30k sedan. The sport rims are unique and look like they cost more than the 1k deference in price.
Yea I guess tustin is their sister company thats why they had it!

Great pics! I'm still struck by how much more the lighter colors show the hood creases and lines vs. the black. Maybe it's just the pics but to me, there's is a noticeable differenc in the way those lines look.
Thanks man! I think its how black usually washes out/hides those curves! Thats why I didnt go for black since you dont see the curves/lines as much! Also bumped up my clarity and sharpness by quite a bit to pronounce the details! Just like it shows every zits/scars on portraits! :D

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Now I'm back to considering the Ruby Red! Those pictures are gorgeous. I know you have a good camera and did some filtering work as well but is the Ruby Red THAT color in person??? Beautiful!!

Good lord have mercy! I am never going to make up my mind! Waiting until the 5th to be able to see them and test drive them is going to seriously drive me insane.

Great pictures!! I agree with JKay that the metallic and lighter colors really show off the curves more, at least in the pictures. Would you agree having seen them in person? Hmmm I wonder if the Malbec would show better than plain black.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Now I'm back to considering the Ruby Red! Those pictures are gorgeous. I know you have a good camera and did some filtering work as well but is the Ruby Red THAT color in person??? Beautiful!!

Good lord have mercy! I am never going to make up my mind! Waiting until the 5th to be able to see them and test drive them is going to seriously drive me insane.

Great pictures!! I agree with JKay that the metallic and lighter colors really show off the curves more, at least in the pictures. Would you agree having seen them in person? Hmmm I wonder if the Malbec would show better than plain black.
Haha! Sorry about confusing you more! Yes the Venetian Ruby was really sexy in person and when it gets hit by sunlight, the paint sparkles and gives a nice character to it! I believe Malbec black would show the same character lines as the obsidian but would show the lines significantly better in direct sunlight since it would turn to purple! Surely seeing the car in person in the best way to go about choosing colors! I really wish Hagane Blue was there! Thats a color I really want to see! :D

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Thats why I didnt go for black since you dont see the curves/lines as much!

I've ALWAYS been in favor of seeing curves - absolutely - definitely!:D

Those pictures of the Ruby are great - thank you. Though it won't do my back any good, I'm almost salivating at the prospect of putting the paint sealer on the car, finally.:)

And I have to smile at the comments about the sidewalls of the 17's. I guess it's a generational thing, but they don't look too big at all. Go look at the balloon tires on a 50's or 60's model with 15" rims, and you'll understand.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Gbert...what kind of camera are you usingfor those pictures? They're beautiful. BTW that white looks awesome!

I still cant find a dealership in NY that actually has them on display. :(

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts

Those pictures of the Ruby are great - thank you. Though it won't do my back any good, I'm almost salivating at the prospect of putting the paint sealer on the car, finally.:)

And I have to smile at the comments about the sidewalls of the 17's. I guess it's a generational thing, but they don't look too big at all. Go look at the balloon tires on a 50's or 60's model with 15" rims, and you'll understand.
Ohhhhhhh a female traveling companion. ;):eek::D:eek: (Oh yeah, I saw it before you edited the comment out! haha) YOU GO BOY!! :p

Man, looking at the black it doesn't even compare to the red as far as "flashy" and curve appeal (get it, instead of curb appeal I said curve appeal! har har har).

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Screw you all :mad: sticking with the black :p sport rims tinted windows. :eek: SEX!!!!! Beautiful pictures gbert. Well done.
Well, I agree with you about the tinted windows. That will be the next thing up after the paint sealer. The contrast of the darker windows with the red is the best combo, IMO.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thanks man and you're welcome! I actually bought my master formula earlier this week! Wanna get ready! Haha! Might look for a good clay bar and do that first before applying the master formula! Any suggestions/preferred brand of clay bar?

Gbert...what kind of camera are you usingfor those pictures? They're beautiful. BTW that white looks awesome!

I still cant find a dealership in NY that actually has them on display. :(
Just using my Sony Nex-6 with a 16mm f2.8 lens with an ultra wide angle adapter giving an effective 12mm ultra wide angle view! Not sure if that made sense! Haha! I hate lugging around heavy dslrs so this is a nice compromise!
Screw you all :mad: sticking with the black :p sport rims tinted windows. :eek: SEX!!!!! Beautiful pictures gbert. Well done.
Thanks man! :) Dont get me wrong! I still think the black shows of the luxury of cars IMO! And that color combination looked sexy and with tints it'll look even sexier so looking forward to your pics man! :D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.