Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
This may be the vaguest post I’ve seen to date. What is your question? A muffler doesn’t need any resonators because it’s a muffler. Mid pipes and lower downpipes can benefit from resonators based on your “goals” which should be defined in order for us to help guide you in this community. You need to elaborate and be sure to include engine type as exhaust preferences vary wildly between the VR and VQ platforms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This may be the vaguest post I’ve seen to date. What is your question? A muffler doesn’t need any resonators because it’s a muffler. Mid pipes and lower downpipes can benefit from resonators based on your “goals” which should be defined in order for us to help guide you in this community. You need to elaborate and be sure to include engine type as exhaust preferences vary wildly between the VR and VQ platforms.
Well I’m to start off I’m going to get a muffler delete and was thinking of adding flow master resonators. I got a 3.7 Sport AWD q50

·
Registered
83 Posts
To help you out our exhaust system is broken down to 4 basic parts. The downpipes or testpipes as they’re called on the naturally aspirated variant, the y pipe, the mid pipe, and the axle back section which houses the OEM muffler. You can purchase an axle back exhaust which elimates the OEM muffler and retains all the other components for relatively cheap. By going this route you don’t need to worry about resonators because you will still be retaining the two factory resonators which are mounted on your mid pipe.
Here is just one example of an axle back system to eliminate the muffler for increased sound while keeping the rest of the catback system in place while retaining your oem resonators.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a set of Infiniti Sport rear mufflers for sale if your interested. Sound is great and its not crazy loud. Nice grumble. $400+ shipping.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts