Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went by Infiniti of Kansas City today and they had 17 in stock and of those 2 were sold. Thought I would post a few pictures and I have some individual pictures and window stickers if you're interested.

I was surprised to see Q50a on 2 of the cars, which appears to be base cars with a few, very few options.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
WTH with that little 'a'?!?!

Must be the scarlet letter dealers are putting on to move the optioned cars initially.

Wondering if anyone else has any insight about why dealers are doing this (or Infiniti)?

Please post pics - we can never get enough!! :D

Reactions: NTOwens

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Good info Jeff. So far we believe the mysterious 'a' model is base. The base isn't supposed to get any options packages other than the spare and the sunroof which is of course a factory option. They're kinda fleet-oriented cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it looks like base Hagane Blue + moon and Graphite Shadow + moon (pointed it out to my salesman, he was suprised to see the "a" as well). They had one of every color. 2 sold were Malbec Black (AWD,PREM with options 48,955) and a Black Obsidian (Q50S Hybrid AWD with options 55,635)

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Went by Infiniti of Kansas City today and they had 17 in stock and of those 2 were sold. Thought I would post a few pictures and I have some individual pictures and window stickers if you're interested.

I was surprised to see Q50a on 2 of the cars, which appears to be base cars with a few, very few options.
Where are the pictures?

·
Registered
336 Posts
WTH with that little 'a'?!?!

Must be the scarlet letter dealers are putting on to move the optioned cars initially.

Wondering if anyone else has any insight about why dealers are doing this (or Infiniti)?

Please post pics - we can never get enough!! :D
According to the dealer here, the 'a's are for base models. Infiniti supposedly has decided to discontinue referring to them as that (you think?), and the dealers have been instructed to remove them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A few more

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And the last shots of individual cars. I have all the stickers. If you think it might help anyone I can post all the unique ones.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
WOW, didn't know that they would really put that "a" on the back. I just thought it would be on the sticker. Sort of interesting and funny at the same time.:eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm confused just a bit. If you get Deluxe Tech does it include Deluxe Touring? And without Deluxe Touring you don't get telescoping steering and more important to me you don't get Direct Adaptive Steering?

So if you want the latter, you should buy Nav, Deluxe Touring and either Sport or Prem and either gas or hybrid.

Is that all correct?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Deluxe Touring Package and Technology Package are two separate packages available on on non-hybrid models. The Hybrid only has one option - Deluxe Technology - and is a combination of all packages. Basically a fully loaded model.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
As Gandhi pointed out, the Deluxe Technology package is specific onlyto the Hybrid models. That package gets you everything (The reason for this is because essentially the Navigation Package and Deluxe Technology packages are currently a package deal and you can't get one without the other--but your dealer might be able to separate them). Additionally, the Hybrid Premium model comes equipped with the Direct Adaptive Steering, leather seating, and sport suspension as standard features!

The Deluxe Touring package is specific to the non-Hybrid model and it that include the Directive Adaptive Steering. The Technology package is also specific to the non-Hybrid model and includes the stuff like the blind spot warning, brake assist, lane assist, high beam assist...etc. You can get the Deluxe Touring package without the Technology package, but you can't get the Technology package without the Deluxe Touring package.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Whats the color of the first car in post#10?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Whats the color of the first car in post#10?
Which one? There's a lot man! Hehe!

Anyway, they are Hagane Blue, Venetian Red, Chestnut Broze, Moonlight White, Graphite Shadow, and I think there's also a part of Liquid Platinum!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
That Hagane Blue in the sunlight looked so light, it looked like the Liquid Platinum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.