Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
good lord.

Too bad I leased this car.... the Q looks outstanding tucking some nice wheels, sitting low.

Cut Springs? M37/G37 suspension?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
you might have taken me from vossen's wheels... how much does a set of those run me? PM me

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That looks ridiculous. I do not like the "slammed" look at all and doing that has to really take a toll on the handling and ride quality.
everyone has their own opinions, personally i love the look, and will be achieving that stance hopefully not too long from now as soon as i get more confirmation that the DAS will work with a "slammed" ride and vossens, velgens, volks, HREs, SSR

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I guess.

To me it looks like one of those slammed VW "Dubs" driven by the 17-yr olds with their baseball caps on backwards and their pants down below their boxers.
Of course, and that's who they're aiming to sell to. The concept of "less is more" isn't understood by those with a teenage mentality.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good lord.

Too bad I leased this car.... the Q looks outstanding tucking some nice wheels, sitting low.

Cut Springs? M37/G37 suspension?
I love how it looks and wouldn't have it any other way but I do respect those who choose to leave there cars stock height or just do a moderate drop. This car is a lease! lol... Right now i'm on coilover suspension but im still working with them on getting the spring rates right and will start a group buy for our forum members as soon as I have the finished product.

Wow! Looks awesome with those wheels.
Thank you

That looks ridiculous. I do not like the "slammed" look at all and doing that has to really take a toll on the handling and ride quality.
I appreciate your opinion and I do agree this look isn't for everyone. Lowering the car to this height is not practical nor is it recommended but it sure does look amazing. Im working with multiple suspension companies to manufacture aftermarket suspension for the vehicle including coilovers and air struts. Soon this car will be on air suspension and will be just as practical as a stock Q50.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I came from a "V-Dub" GTI, and yes it was slammed, no i dont wear my pants low, but yes i do wear a hat, I will also be slamming my Q50

Reactions: Platinumv37

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I came from a "V-Dub" GTI, and yes it was slammed, no i dont wear my pants low, but yes i do wear a hat, I will also be slamming my Q50
amen. im 18 and i plan on slamming my Q50 as well :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks Great

What is the best combination for an all wheel drive unit? picking up this week and want to order some type of 20" tire and wheel combo . prefer the largest tire and wheel combo to fill the wheel wells with only having to have a 1" drop with springs.
thanks

G

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What are the specs on the wheels, 20x10.5 but offset?
20x10.5 +25 front to clear the Akebono Big Brakes and 20x10.5 +45 for the rear.

What is the best combination for an all wheel drive unit? picking up this week and want to order some type of 20" tire and wheel combo . prefer the largest tire and wheel combo to fill the wheel wells with only having to have a 1" drop with springs.
thanks

G
20x9/20x10.5 +35/45 offsets with 245/35/20 & 285/30/20 tires.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
thanks

G
You bought an awd. The only logical reason I can think of for doing that is to drive in snow. It is nearly winter. Please tell me you don't think that awd is going to make up for large low profile tires that suck balls when it comes to snow traction.

If you're buying these for summer wheels and planning to put snow tires on the stock rims for winter, then I commend your smart decision making.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Please tell me you don't think that awd is going to make up for large low profile tires that suck balls when it comes to snow traction.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Im starting to think the stock RFTs are going to act the same way in the snow. When its wet after a rain shower here...I feel like my handling is cut by 50%. If I struggle this winter or in the snow with these RFTs, I'm going to be pretty pissed.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Im starting to think the stock RFTs are going to act the same way in the snow. When its wet after a rain shower here...I feel like my handling is cut by 50%. If I struggle this winter or in the snow with these RFTs, I'm going to be pretty pissed.
I intend to get a new AWD Q50 in December or January. I'll try out the stock tires in the snow, just so I can report back here on performance. But I intend to immediately swap on some non-rft real snow tires. I figure that way I can use the snows for winter and rft stocks for summer - and hopefully not have to buy new tires before the end of my lease.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.