Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am getting (very) close to the end of my 6 month + deployment in Afghanistan.
A few days ago, I thought it would be a good idea to "re-engage" with the dealership and bump our numbers. My intent was to ensure my perfectly laid plan didn't turn into crap.
I want to egress the plane, kiss my wife, hug my kids, pet the dog, rub the cat, and NOT get screwed by me dealer.

Let me preface this with the fact, that I have plenty of faith and trust in the relationship we have formed over the last few months - especially considering the 7500 miles that separate us (I'm still talking about my dealer BTW).
But just to be sure.... I asked them to plug in all my numbers and tell me what they come up with - and lemme compare it to my calculations….. No surprises please.
Well they obliged, and my payment came back about $30 a month more than expected.
My first thought was - $30 = $1000. So I asked: "Did you guys factor in my Lease Loyalty Cash?"
The response was no, and that they were not sure that I would qualify.

They said they would send an email to find out, but they thought I would have to have had an Infiniti vehicle within the last 90 days. This by the way, is not what I was told at the beginning of this process.
I was told that there would be no problem qualifying.
Now I know I don’t have a signature block below that lists all my prior cars….. but for the last decade - they have all been Infinitis.
It has been 3 to be exact and I have been diligently and patiently awaiting the 4th.
I turned my last G37s in the day before deploying. I plan to come home and take delivery the very next day.

I know that the line in the sand has to be drawn somewhere. Infiniti decided it would be 90 days. Okay.
So then my dealer sent an email to NAMC, explained my situation, and asked what could be done to waiver, since the reason for my lapse in ownership due to “War Service” (that’s the term he used).
Their reply was basically: “We appreciate his service, but there is nothing we can do….. and the LLC program will end on the 30th of September anyway”.
Well my dealer (Sales Manager) wasn’t satisfied - and told me he would appeal.

As you can imagine - I wasn’t either. I was at least pacified when my SM told me that the October rates just came in. They were better, and they will save me $30 a month (Ironic!).
But now I am thinking that this is more about principle. The more I thought, the more it upset me. Forget for a second why I have a lapse in ownership.
I’m not trying to say I am entitled to anything extra because of my job……. I love serving - and it is a pleasure to do so honorably.
I wasn’t trying to play any sympathy card (my dealer may have intended to use it to bolster the request) but I simply felt that I deserved it based on my history of leasing.

Well, I reached out to the folks at the other end of the Infiniti Fox Bravo page (That’s what we call Face Book in the military…. Well probably not all of us, but a couple people I know).
I let them know the situation, and told them what my dealer had attempted already, and asked if they could offer any advice. I also told them how I felt. If Infiniti Loyalty programs weren’t meant for someone like me! Then who?!? I let them know - that I have been a fan of - and have wanted, an Infiniti ever since before I could afford one! And THEN…. When I could afford one - I have ONLY driven Infiniti! So again I ask…. Who is this program for - if not the likes of me?

Well I want to finish up this testimony… and if you have come this far, you might want to know now….. I have a happy ending.
Between my dealer and the marketing folks at the other end of FB, they figured it out and have authorized me to have that $1000 incentive.
Well done Infiniti.
Well done Infiniti of Orange Park.
You once again, have a very satisfied customer.

I am looking very forward to, what I hope, will be a perfect and seamless chain of events for my homecoming. Kiss the wife, hug the kids, pet the dog, rub the cat, and NOT get screwed by the dealer.
I have a small margin of error on all of those things…. If just one thing gets done out of order, or to the wrong recipient - it could get pretty ugly!

Just wanted you all to know that Infiniti has done me right.
I will continue to be "Loyal"!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well said, I enjoyed reading it.....and can't wait to have you home. You're gonna love your car

Reactions: NTOwens

·
Registered
325 Posts
So I am getting (very) close to the end of my 6 month + deployment in Afghanistan.
A few days ago, I thought it would be a good idea to "re-engage" with the dealership and bump our numbers. My intent was to ensure my perfectly laid plan didn't turn into crap.
I want to egress the plane, kiss my wife, hug my kids, pet the dog, rub the cat, and NOT get screwed by me dealer.

Let me preface this with the fact, that I have plenty of faith and trust in the relationship we have formed over the last few months - especially considering the 7500 miles that separate us (I'm still talking about my dealer BTW).
But just to be sure.... I asked them to plug in all my numbers and tell me what they come up with - and lemme compare it to my calculations….. No surprises please.
Well they obliged, and my payment came back about $30 a month more than expected.
My first thought was - $30 = $1000. So I asked: "Did you guys factor in my Lease Loyalty Cash?"
The response was no, and that they were not sure that I would qualify.

They said they would send an email to find out, but they thought I would have to have had an Infiniti vehicle within the last 90 days. This by the way, is not what I was told at the beginning of this process.
I was told that there would be no problem qualifying.
Now I know I don’t have a signature block below that lists all my prior cars….. but for the last decade - they have all been Infinitis.
It has been 3 to be exact and I have been diligently and patiently awaiting the 4th.
I turned my last G37s in the day before deploying. I plan to come home and take delivery the very next day.

I know that the line in the sand has to be drawn somewhere. Infiniti decided it would be 90 days. Okay.
So then my dealer sent an email to NAMC, explained my situation, and asked what could be done to waiver, since the reason for my lapse in ownership due to “War Service” (that’s the term he used).
Their reply was basically: “We appreciate his service, but there is nothing we can do….. and the LLC program will end on the 30th of September anyway”.
Well my dealer (Sales Manager) wasn’t satisfied - and told me he would appeal.

As you can imagine - I wasn’t either. I was at least pacified when my SM told me that the October rates just came in. They were better, and they will save me $30 a month (Ironic!).
But now I am thinking that this is more about principle. The more I thought, the more it upset me. Forget for a second why I have a lapse in ownership.
I’m not trying to say I am entitled to anything extra because of my job……. I love serving - and it is a pleasure to do so honorably.
I wasn’t trying to play any sympathy card (my dealer may have intended to use it to bolster the request) but I simply felt that I deserved it based on my history of leasing.

Well, I reached out to the folks at the other end of the Infiniti Fox Bravo page (That’s what we call Face Book in the military…. Well probably not all of us, but a couple people I know).
I let them know the situation, and told them what my dealer had attempted already, and asked if they could offer any advice. I also told them how I felt. If Infiniti Loyalty programs weren’t meant for someone like me! Then who?!? I let them know - that I have been a fan of - and have wanted, an Infiniti ever since before I could afford one! And THEN…. When I could afford one - I have ONLY driven Infiniti! So again I ask…. Who is this program for - if not the likes of me?

Well I want to finish up this testimony… and if you have come this far, you might want to know now….. I have a happy ending.
Between my dealer and the marketing folks at the other end of FB, they figured it out and have authorized me to have that $1000 incentive.
Well done Infiniti.
Well done Infiniti of Orange Park.
You once again, have a very satisfied customer.

I am looking very forward to, what I hope, will be a perfect and seamless chain of events for my homecoming. Kiss the wife, hug the kids, pet the dog, rub the cat, and NOT get screwed by the dealer.
I have a small margin of error on all of those things…. If just one thing gets done out of order, or to the wrong recipient - it could get pretty ugly!

Just wanted you all to know that Infiniti has done me right.
I will continue to be "Loyal"!
Told you that your dealer would have to fight.. looks like they did and you helped them.. good to hear.. a dealer like that is worth you being "loyal" to..

·
Registered
183 Posts
can't wait to hear your home safe a cruising in your Q50.. You're not worried about not seeing or testing the car before taking delivery? I understand you're a loyal Infiniti client but would'nt you feel better with a bit of due diligence?

Thank you for your service BTW, I've always wanted to fly jets but my eyes were just too poor.

·
Registered
407 Posts
can't wait to hear your home safe a cruising in your Q50.. You're not worried about not seeing or testing the car before taking delivery? I understand you're a loyal Infiniti client but would'nt you feel better with a bit of due diligence?

Thank you for your service BTW, I've always wanted to fly jets but my eyes were just too poor.
Good point on test driving it, being a totally new car this is always a good idea. No history on it so everyone is basically buying this without knowing what to expect, at least in the long term

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Good point on test driving it, being a totally new car this is always a good idea. No history on it so everyone is basically buying this without knowing what to expect, at least in the long term
Only because of the DAS implementation am I slightly concerned about the possibility of not being 100% happy. There is really no way to tell by reading reviews - how affected I might be by the "disconnection" to the road.

I will have the chance to test drive it, and if I hate it - I can go test drive my other consideration - the IS350 F-Sport. I am feeling pretty confident though. I have probably done more than my fair share of research leading up to this.... and as stated, I have been driving these sedans for a bit - so there is an inherent trust/comfort level there.

I will have no car at all when I return, and will have to get something ASAP. It's a cost of doing business for me. It's a lease, so.... no matter what - it will not be a long term relationship. At least not with this iteration of the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.