Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas! :)

After unbelievable 99 days, I finally got my Q back from the body shop TODAY! It was raining and cloudy, but she is just as stunning as Sept 6 when I first took her home! I can't tell what they did. It looks/feels perfect to me! :)

It has been horrible several months with no parts, wrong parts, (ordered Q parts but received G37 parts). :( The body shop finally got it done! The car was sent to Infiniti service dept twice for final tune up and quality control for both hardware and software. The Infiniti ppl even took it out for a drive of about 20miles testing out all tech stuff to make sure it works well. Today it was detailed and pampered ... and delivered! :p

I'm so excited! A little lock up when I was playing with my audio presets but I didn't even blink! I have my Q back!! What more can I ask! :D

I have a feeling this will be one of my BEST Christmas! :)

(Not a good pic but just wanted to show the exact side which was CRUSHED in the accident).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Merry Christmas! :)

After unbelievable 99 days, I finally got my Q back from the body shop TODAY! It was raining and cloudy, but she is just as stunning as Sept 6 when I first took her home! I can't tell what they did. It looks/feels perfect to me! :)

It has been horrible several months with no parts, wrong parts, (ordered Q parts but received G37 parts). :( The body shop finally got it done! The car was sent to Infiniti service dept twice for final tune up and quality control for both hardware and software. The Infiniti ppl even took it out for a drive of about 20miles testing out all tech stuff to make sure it works well. Today it was detailed and pampered ... and delivered! :p

I'm so excited! A little lock up when I was playing with my audio presets but I didn't even blink! I have my Q back!! What more can I ask! :D

I have a feeling this will be one of my BEST Christmas! :)

(Not a good pic but just wanted to show the exact side which was CRUSHED in the accident).
great, Merry Xmas and happy holidays:cool: enjoy your Q50 now.

Reactions: tt_45

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Thanks great news!!! You must have been good for Santa!!!:D

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way, if you noticed, I had the body shop put on only the rear license plate!;) By WA law we are "supposed" to hang up both, but I just couldn't bear to ruin her front look. So, ... I'm leaving the front plate in the trunk JUST IN CASE police stops me. ..:p. let's see how long I can survive... :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
By the way, if you noticed, I had the body shop put on only the rear license plate!;) By WA law we are "supposed" to hang up both, but I just couldn't bear to ruin her front look. So, ... I'm leaving the front plate in the trunk JUST IN CASE police stops me. ..:p. let's see how long I can survive... :D
I've managed to survive in toledo bare front for 10 years.
Usually I purchase my cars from Michigan which don't require it.
(It helps that local police are lazy). Btw, love your state spent a couple weeks there at Microsoft.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've managed to survive in toledo bare front for 10 years.
Usually I purchase my cars from Michigan which don't require it.
(It helps that local police are lazy). Btw, love your state spent a couple weeks there at Microsoft.
Good to know! Hope I have your luck! (Or should I say I wish our local police are as lazy.. ::cool: )

Thanks! Yes WA is a beautiful state. I don't mind rain. But I do wish for sunshine now that I have MB! :p

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
tt_45, ho ho ho, Santa had delivered. That's one nice Christmas present. Very happy to hear you got your car back.
As for the Intouch lock up, try to hold the radio button for 5 second to reset the Intouch. Whoever perform the update software probably forgot to do that. That is the first thing I always do when I get my car back after the software update.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Glad to hear your Q50 is finally back! Just in time for Christmas!

Its a Christmas miracle! :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tt_45, ho ho ho, Santa had delivered. That's one nice Christmas present. Very happy to hear you got your car back.
As for the Intouch lock up, try to hold the radio button for 5 second to reset the Intouch. Whoever perform the update software probably forgot to do that. That is the first thing I always do when I get my car back after the software update.
Oh that's right! I remember reading about this trick. Totally forgot! THANKS! :)

What I did NOT forget is something I learned from one of your posts: The first sec after I started the car, I pressed the button on steeling wheel to turn on that green shield around my car! ;):p

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Congrats and Merry Christmas!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
infinitiownersinfo.mobi

This weekend has been all about my Q... except 3.5 hrs' heart breaking watching Seahawks. :( ...

Anyway, I took some time and did my home work: Watched all video clips on Infinitiownersinfo.mobi! :) That is such a great way to learn about the car in lieu of reading those thick manuals. :p More than 3 months' without the car, the clips certainly helped me tremendously to re-familiar with Q and all it's cool features. And thanks to some of the postings here, I now noticed all the little but interesting details: rear windows defrost sets for 15 min by default; steeling wheel warmer shuts off after about 30min; many of the safety features (I.e. Blind spots warning, lane departure..) are only active when car is at or above certain speed...

Highly recommend those clips. People (me included) might be too busy/lazy to read manuals, but this is such a practical and useful resource for the new owners to get some answers (instead of jumping onto the forum the sec any issue comes up, and blaming the car! :cool::p )

Did I mention I LOVE my car? Really had a lot of fun cruising around (in the rain) this weekend.. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.