Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sharing a picture slide video of my one week old ride. This replaces my 9 year old G35 Sedan. It is different to me in many ways. It doesn't drive the same, but I enjoy it so much more than the G. The Q has the looks, tech, ergonomics, comfort, quickness, and overall balanced package I was looking for. Is there an M or S car out there for me, sure, but for a family sedan, the Q makes me very happy. Once my kiddos are older, I'll look for a pure drivers car for modding for the track. Maybe Infiniti will have a pure performance oriented car by then. For now, I am loving the Q, just ask my wife how obsessed I am with performing my evening detail/wipe down ritual. :D I have K&N filters and 25mm spacers on the way. Researching lowering options in the near future

https://vimeo.com/m/82332385

Pictures added with the addition of Stillen splitter and rear deck wing.

S12 by

More added as I continue to mod.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. Been working on remodeling the inside of that house for the last 8 months. So much so that my wife didn't complain about getting the car. Saved a lot by doing all labor myself. Now if I could finish my last project this weekend, her office, I can focus on the garage and my man cave. The Q just needs an uncluttered spot to park and detail area, my man cave will be more of a bike cave as I'm heavily into cycling.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice!! :D

Can't tell you how jealous I am!! Your ride is nice and shiny!!
I have a ton of salt residue from all the **** snow we've been getting here!!!
:( with more on the way!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Yep. Been working on remodeling the inside of that house for the last 8 months. So much so that my wife didn't complain about getting the car. Saved a lot by doing all labor myself. Now if I could finish my last project this weekend, her office, I can focus on the garage and my man cave. The Q just needs an uncluttered spot to park and detail area, my man cave will be more of a bike cave as I'm heavily into cycling.
**** bro, may I ask what you do for a living? That is an absolutely beautiful home...

Although the Q is a very nice car...that house looks like its for someone who would drive a GT-R or maybe a Lambo.... I want a palace like that...I am envious sir....

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Chilli. Both my wife and I have been very fortunate to have career jobs at great companies. We both work in upper management IT roles at our respective companies. While the house is the bomb to us, prices in FL are absolutely reasonable compared to some locations in the U.S. Honestly, the Adventador I'd buy (dreaming) would cost more than what we paid for this house. :)

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Thanks Chilli. Both my wife and I have been very fortunate to have career jobs at great companies. We both work in upper management IT roles at our respective companies. While the house is the bomb to us, prices in FL are absolutely reasonable compared to some locations in the U.S. Honestly, the Adventador I'd buy (dreaming) would cost more than what we paid for this house. :)
That gives me hope...as I am 25 years old and working in the IT industry....but I only crack a little less than 50K a year in salary. I am gonna continue acquiring my credentials and certifications in the IT security sector...as one day I wanna be making my 100K/year to afford a palace and a proper Q60 if there is one :)

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Reactions: SnowItch

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pangea / Professor Klig is the song. It is built into a nifty App I used to create the video. It is called Replay and very easy to use. Just take your pictures and video, select your scenes and music and it does the rest for you.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Installed some LED replacement bulbs and K&N filters tonight. Thanks to FastGTR for the how to blog posts.

My 25mm spacers will be in this week. I plan to install them this weekend along with a long day of giving the paint some love.

Looking to use my Flex rotary and DA buffers and long list of pad and polish combinations to find the best results for getting swirls out of this scratch shield clear. I hear low heat and finish level polish works best, limiting heat being the key for the resins in the paint. I love to details my cars, not wash and hand wax, but multi-step professional detailing is a hobby of mine. I just don't know how this paint will take to my tools yet.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Updated pictures added to first post.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
That gives me hope...as I am 25 years old and working in the IT industry....but I only crack a little less than 50K a year in salary. I am gonna continue acquiring my credentials and certifications in the IT security sector...as one day I wanna be making my 100K/year to afford a palace and a proper Q60 if there is one :)
Get into security and forensics as quickly as possible. All other IT jobs are a dead end when it comes to salaries. I know this from experience. :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Reactions: TheQcontinuum

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
How are the 25mm spacers? Looking to order some but not sure how thick to go. Can u post some pics from behind and front to give me a better judge on how the tires line up with the fenders. thanks.
Find the thread of theqcontinuum! U should find close up pics of how those line up!

Reactions: TheQcontinuum
1 - 20 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.