Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is how I see it..... my 2cents

These reviews.....:confused:

Nobody ever drives on a track...ever. Probably less than 1% of owners. Reviews where they execute on track performance this and that are totally useless garbage. I do like the fact that Car and Driver picked the version of the car 80% of the sales would equal. Give me a real word review any day over 99% of the stuff these organizations post.

I want to see the review of the guy stuck in LA on the 405/101 to LAX for 4 hours, The guy making a mundane 37 mile slog to work from suburbia ****, or the person making a diaper run for the kids while trying to get back home in time for dinner. A driver stuck in stop and go on the way up a snowy colorado mountain to a ski resort. This is what people need to be reading to get the feel of the car for a personal application.

I'll take this 'real world' kind of review long before the review of the guy who was out at the track telling me how the car would perform in a manner 99.99% of the owners will NEVER use it in. Because we all know when you show up at a track the BMW 3 series, A4, ATS, IS350, CLA and Volvo's will all be there to test your performance and driving skills against theirs :rolleyes:. Its a fantasy joke on YOU.

Drive the car yourself and decide how it performs for YOUR application. Not based on some delta-bravo who used it for 30 minutes and who's job is to find issue with everything to make a sale to get published all over the inter-tubes and blogosphere.

Remember just like movie critics this is where they came from:
Generally Critics are failures:
-Failed race\test drivers
-Failed to get into industry as engineers or designers
-And lastly failed writers\columnists who wound up in the auto section

You really need to take what critics say with some perspective. you can really tell who just loves cars and which are just reviewing tons of cars en masse. That said some are actually great reviewers. I enjoy long term reliability reports and other factual reviews. Anything where someone can impose their "feelings" is like letting others think for you. Don't do it.

You would think this car is horrible by what has been written. It's totally not true. They are nitpicking things in a class of extremely awesome cars. They are all really good cars!

I drove ALL of the competition and from A-Z they really aren't that far apart. Real world put the Q50 ahead of everything because of value, comfort and the application I am using it for. Having said that I would gladly own any of the competition without reservation.

This is also why I take what other owners on this forum say seriously. ....well mostly.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well said!

·
Registered
395 Posts
To OP: Does Q50, in your opinion, has the same fun factor as competition?

BMW 335 for example?
Fun factor is a matter of taste. Some like the full sensory overload of sitting in the front row of a rock concerts at 150 db. Others like me, prefer the refined precision and maturity of a quality jazz artist.

The G37 is like a rock concert. The Q50 is like a jazz concert IMHO. But you are entitled to choose your own music as is everyone else.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I completely agree with the OP. Test drive all the cars you like and buy the one that YOU think is the best. I would never let someone tell me what I like and don't like. I drove all the cars and I still bought a Q50S with DAS. And I LOVE IT. Can't say that enough. Not one issue since delivery, I repeat not one.

Just not realistic!

Reactions: avanti5010

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I completely agree with the OP. Test drive all the cars you like and buy the one that YOU think is the best. I would never let someone tell me what I like and don't like. I drove all the cars and I still bought a Q50S with DAS. And I LOVE IT. Can't say that enough. Not one issue since delivery, I repeat not one.

Just not realistic!
I second that.:cool:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Remember just like movie critics this is where they came from:
Generally Critics are failures:
-Failed race\test drivers
-Failed to get into industry as engineers or designers
-And lastly failed writers\columnists who wound up in the auto section
cheers to that :cool:

Reactions: avanti5010

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
To OP: Does Q50, in your opinion, has the same fun factor as competition?

BMW 335 for example?
The Q50S is much more fun than the BMW non m3. The M3 is top of class for a reason. Its actually in a differnt class. Kind of like when you throw AMG on a MB. What the 3 series has is a great feel for the road and its really comfortable a great ride. Turbo is always fun. .The interior is showing its age.

Comparing the 328i to the Q50

Edge may go to the BMW if:
1) You don't value more than 2 people over 5'6" in the car.
2) You don't have to put backwards baby seats in the rear.
3) You don't mind a very low tech car (the big nav screen is cool though)
4) You don't mind an interior that is circa 1993.

BMW are class leaders for a reason. I just don't think you get the value for the premium. Long term ownership is costly. And there is the D-bag factor.

Q50 compared to all the others....oh man.

i'll go in order:

#1) Lexus IS350 F sport and standard: Absolutely amazing car...high tech and highly refined precision. Q50 beats it in a few areas - 1 value, Tech, HP, over all you don't feel so cramped. My personal opinion is the Q50 has a lot more class. Is it better? no. Its a draw. the IS out performs the q50 on a track. The q50 is much better for real world driving. The options are much better on the Q50 i think you get identical real world performance with better MPG and a ton more options. AWD is way better on the Q50.

#1a) Audit A4 - Fun car, tired design and tech like the BMW. Its not as fun as the Q50. Very classy. Cramped.

#2) Volvo S60 - Nice car. it lacks something, not sure what. Its just good at everything not outstanding in anything. Q50 runs circles around it in every area. Q50 way more fun.

#3) Lincoln Mkz - This car has an identity crisis. Hybrid vastly overstates MPG. Testing is showing 31-33 instead of the 45+ advertised. Cramped. Very nice seats though. Wow they are comfy. The sunroof is totally awesome. Q50 better in all areas. Maybe not seats or MPG for gasser.
Q50 infinitely more fun.

#4) MB CLA250 - Just a looker of a car. Needs a ton of upgrades to compete. its really not in the same class. 41k and yo have a nice car. Seats need to be leather. its noisy, really noisy. Great MPG vs Q50. Built very well. Not for a family. Not really a fun car compared to the Q50. Its very classy though. A good starter luxury sedan for a young person. Q50 trounces it in fun factor.

#5) Caddie ATS - just freaking awesome. I don't think the Q50 beats it anywhere but looks. Long term reliability is unknown. Fun? Heck yeah! I loved this car. But, i'm a ford guy. I can't do it.......

Winners of fun factor in order:

IS350 - I drove the nuts off of both F sport and regular. Amazing cars.
Q50 - Very, very fun. Classier tech and other factors won me over. Fast as ****. Sticks to the road more personality than IS350.
ATS - awesome! i am a ford guy so I can't be objective. I still think its the best car NOBODY will buy of the whole lot.
BMW/A4
CLA
Volvo
Lincoln

The IS350s achilles heel is: lack of options and color selections etc. too many compromises for the F Sports. I still can't get used the grill. it does look better in person but jeez.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
i love the caddy ATS, been pushing my friend to buy the 3.6 or the V sport when it comes out. I personally dont suit an ATS

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i love the caddy ATS, been pushing my friend to buy the 3.6 or the V sport when it comes out. I personally dont suit an ATS
The only way to go with the caddie is the 2.0T. You really only get worse mpg and quite a bump in cost with the 3.6. The 3.6 has no distinct advantage in any way on that car. no performance increase (it actually worsens).

I'm not familiar with the V sport option.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The only way to go with the caddie is the 2.0T. You really only get worse mpg and quite a bump in cost with the 3.6. The 3.6 has no distinct advantage in any way on that car. no performance increase (it actually worsens).

I'm not familiar with the V sport option.
If it is like the V Sport option on the CTS, it will be a 400HP/400ft/lb + engine.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Fun factor is a matter of taste. Some like the full sensory overload of sitting in the front row of a rock concerts at 150 db. Others like me, prefer the refined precision and maturity of a quality jazz artist.

The G37 is like a rock concert. The Q50 is like a jazz concert IMHO. But you are entitled to choose your own music as is everyone else.
Aha! You hit the nail squarely on the head! Fantastic analogy. Those of us who favor jazz, love the Q50!:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.