Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Infiniti but I have owned higher end cars my entire life. The power door locks in my opinion on this car a crazy loud. I have them set to auto lock and each and every time they activate I think I just got hit by a rock or something. Anyone else thisnk they are loud...? My last car was an Acura TL and I could hardly hear them activate.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Sounds and feels more solid than my old G.

Kinda embarrassed when I lock the door if a weird creepy guy is walking by my car though. He can obviously hear me locking the doors because of him lmao.
Yea, I've had that happen too. It is much less obvious if you are using the button on the door as opposed to a key fob.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Maybe the locks are more sturdy or something? At least you know they're locked. :D
I've noticed since I was about 10 that German car locks are usually louder than Japanese ones- tradtionally. W124 and E39 locks are like machine guns going off.:p As our favorite stuff from Nissan gets so much more solid that there isn't much difference, I would expect the locks to get louder.:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK nevermind, just cranking the radio from now on :rolleyes:

Just seems like a nearly 60k car would be a little more refined than a big clunk, do you think they are this loud in say a Benz...? I remember when I first got my now long gone Lincoln LS the lack of sound from activating the turn signal lever impressed me. It said to me that the design engineers thought about the drivers experience down to the last small detail, or they were made out of cheap plastic that was quiet but would wear out in 2 years.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts

Just seems like a nearly 60k car would be a little more refined than a big clunk, do you think they are this loud in say a Benz...? I remember when I first got my now long gone Lincoln LS the lack of sound from activating the turn signal lever impressed me. It said to me that the design engineers thought about the drivers experience down to the last small detail, or they were made out of cheap plastic that was quiet but would wear out in 2 years.
I just heard from a realiable source today that the next In Touch update will fix the clunk!!

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Just seems like a nearly 60k car would be a little more refined than a big clunk, do you think they are this loud in say a Benz...?
They are not, but to me is not that much more louder or annoying. I can deal with it but is a reminder on why is a "cheaper" car.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Mine are the perfect volume. Loud enough so you know they work, but not so loud that they actually wake me up.

·
Registered
982 Posts
LOL, this forum related to the Tesla forum? Because every time someone even hints at mentioning anything negative about the car, the forum goes into attack mode and demands proof of ownership, a photo of the car, and a photo of the smart key with your username written on a piece of paper.

Welcome to the forum. Where everything about the car is perfect and if you find anything wrong with the car, the problem must be you!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
LOL, this forum related to the Tesla forum? Because every time someone even hints at mentioning anything negative about the car, the forum goes into attack mode and demands proof of ownership, a photo of the car, and a photo of the smart key with your username written on a piece of paper.

Welcome to the forum. Where everything about the car is perfect and if you find anything wrong with the car, the problem must be you!
Since my car is perfect, then it must be you. :eek:

·
Registered
585 Posts

I don't think this is true at all. I re-read this thread and I don't think anyone was attacked (the OP's 2nd post didn't give any indication he felt attacked). In this particular instance, I thought the complaint was absurd. Yes, it is only my opinion, I yes, I do get to express it.

I think the issue here is that the only things you have posted about the car have been negative and you you get offended if everyone doesn't agree with you. As I've noted before, it is obvious that you don't like the car and that you are going to do everything you can to post negatives.

In the event that someone stumbles upon this forum thinking of buying a Q50, I think it is important for them to see for everyone that is having issues, others are not and like the car.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.