Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first let me say that this is not a bash of the car in any way. In fact i love driving the car. Both inside and out are great. However there are some issues that are arising that bother me. And maybe its not the car and it something i'm doing wrong. So i figured i would start this thread that maybe someone can help me or just see if others have this issue or can help reproduce the things i bring up. (and yes, when i have a chance, i will bring these issues up with the dealer)

so to begin:
1. windshield wipers, you can barely raise them up when cleaning the windows. what engineer thought of that design. i understand theres no fix for that but thought i would just raise it up.

2. rattle noise coming from the SOS plastic. i know its from there because if i tap around the are it goes away. I wouldn't expect that on a 50k car

3. Lockups on intouch. so yes, i have had a few and i can wait on the update so no biggie (for now)

4. Auto lights, as i said in a previous thread, I go under a bridge for less than 5 seconds the lights come on and then i come out for 1 second and they shut off. quite annoying and i feel like I'm high beaming someone to move out of the way

5. Memory seats. so i have saved the position to my key and all seems ok. if i go out to lunch and sit in the car i move the seat back and lounge. (this is a big peeve and wondering if someone can reproduce)
*when i get out and lock the door and return the seat does not go back to my position
*when i get out and press the memory button, the seat returns to the position as it should. i lock the door.... when i return, the seat goes back all the way as if either it remembered the lounge position or it goes back as if the move back on exit is chosen in the menu (which it isn't)

6. next which is a safety issue too. I always use the personal setting which is optioned for all sport settings. there are times where I'm driving, tap the brakes, and the RPMs rev up to close to 4k. this causes the car to surge forward until i hit the brakes for a longer duration

7. the brakes. sometimes it feels as if the front brake caliper when engaged "rocks" if that makes sense. i have also heard some squeals lately but I'm contributing that to weather change maybe.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
2.) take it to your dealer for repair. That's not normal, but it sounds like an issue w/ a certain batch of Q50s.

4.) this is a great feature that I like. After all, the auto lights are triggered by a light sensor. When you go through a tunnel, then of course the lights will do what they're supposed to do.:) Saves you from having to manually turn on your lights (as you should) when driving underneath a bridge. Further, the adaptive lighting system is designed to not blind oncoming drivers. However, I believe you can change the light delay settings in your InTouch settings; not sure.:confused:

6.) I notice this too all the time & know that's not how my G performed. Not sure if that's by design. Don't like the jerkiness of it. Haven't thought to take it in yet and ask about it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Sorry you are having these issues.

Easy solution for number 1 though. There is a setting, with the car OFF, just double tap the wiper stalk upwards and the wipers will move to the center of the window and you can pull them back for washing or replacement.

There are a number of instructional videos out there from Infiniti so if you watch the one on how to use the wipers that should alleviate problem #1 for you.

I will let others respond to the rest.

Good luck!

Edit: here's the link to the video. The process above is described starting right about 2 mins in, http://youtu.be/bSIR03ihS40

Reactions: equetefue

·
Registered
336 Posts
6. next which is a safety issue too. I always use the personal setting which is optioned for all sport settings. there are times where I'm driving, tap the brakes, and the RPMs rev up to close to 4k. this causes the car to surge forward until i hit the brakes for a longer duration
This is weird. What it should be doing is rev-matching and staying at an RPM ready to go again when you punch the gas after braking. Shouldn't make you lurch forward. In my car, it actually causes some mild engine braking (don't think it was meant to do that, but is a byproduct of rev-matching).

·
Registered
43 Posts
To OP, what is sos plastic? I have rattles in my Q50 base model when I drive without music on and I've been trying to isolate the noise. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
This is weird. What it should be doing is rev-matching and staying at an RPM ready to go again when you punch the gas after braking. Shouldn't make you lurch forward. In my car, it actually causes some mild engine braking (don't think it was meant to do that, but is a byproduct of rev-matching).
Yea thanks for the feedback, vices. Pretty sure that's what the OP & I are experiencing and just didn't realize the engine is rev-matching by design. My G's rev matching was not as pronounced as my Q50S though.
http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/ne...forum/7394-hybrid-downshift-rev-matching.html

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so the seat thing really bothers me... so a couple of days ago, i figured i would delete my profile and build another. maybe something got corrupt on a freeze etc. no joy... if I'm in my car move the seat back with the car on or off. get out, come back, the seat will not go back to the stored position.

i really like this car but there are some definite design issues in the electronic department. i mean who is the genius who said, hey when people shut their car off, we should cut power instantly to all electronics instead of waiting for either x minutes or the door opens... no wonder there are so many freezes people are having... could you imagine just pulling the plug from your computer a couple of times a day.... i sure hope they are doing some graceful shutdown of some sort

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
About #2, above, entitled, "Rattle noise coming from SOS plastic"...
I noticed the same rattle, but only when the privacy panel for the moonroof was open, letting sunlight in. When I close the privacy panel and make the interior dark the rattle stops. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello,

1. Addressed already above. Demonstrated at the very end of the video here:

2. I don't have a rattling noise, so I can't speak to this issue.

3. I picked up my Q50 about a couple of weeks ago, so I believe I have the latest firmware. Intouch, despite being sluggish, has not locked up on me yet. Perhaps an update to your system would help?

4. I agree with you on the auto lights. When I travel under a small underpass, it sometimes causes the lights to flicker due to the very short duration in shadow

5. Can't speak to this issue as I keep the seat saved in one position, which it always seems to return to.

6-7: I've noticed that when I'm a bit aggressive with the gas pedal from a stopped position, the car will jolt forward during it's acceleration rather than on a smooth acceleration. During stop and go traffic, I've also noticed that the braking sometimes feels non-linear. i.e. Pushing a bit harder on the brake (while already breaking), produces an unexpectedly stronger response. Not sure if any of this is related to what you're speaking to though.

Hope this helps.

Mark
Q50 Premium AWD w/Tech
Graphite Black

Reactions: druhoops
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.