Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course, I had to see the dealer today to find out what's going on. The sales manager said that my car had an ETA of Aug 2, but that obviously hadn't happened. He thought the car might still be around Memphis, and that the update could happen there. If not, then it should be in early next week. The update is being FedExed and the Infiniti rep will be here on Monday to check things out. He has only four cars on the lot, including a red, non-hybrid sport, a black hybrid Premium, and a graphite hybrid sport. I didn't have much time to do anything there, but I did drive the hybrid premium about a half mile on side streets. The standard steering was way too light for my taste, but it did stiffen up when he changed the setting. I'm hoping that it is even heavier in the AWD model. On the short drive, in standard setting, starting out normally allowed the electric motor to move the car. When I pushed harder on the accelerator, the gas engine immediately kicked in - and the only way I knew that was by watching the tach; there is absolutely no sensation that something changed. As soon as I took my foot off the pedal, the engine kicked off, again without any sensation of change. I hope I get used to that; otherwise, it will be like a game to see how long I can drive without the engine. :D I know I'll take grief for this, but again I've got to say it: Technology is supposed to make things easier. I put the audio on(radio), and it took much longer to tune another station than with the system in my G. Yes, I'm sure I'll get used to it, but that still doesn't change the fact that what are supposed to be simple things are being made too complicated. I checked the tires out. Yes, they are Dunlops on the 19" rims, with a 260 wear rating. The 17" rims have the Potenza tires, with a wear rating of 400, which is not great, but at least that's better than the Dunlops. I also checked out the trunks. The non-hybrid had the spare tire under the trunk floor, which made the trunk a little shallower. The trunk in the hybrid is serviceable, and can hold a large suitcase and other things that would surround it. I picked up the trunk mat, and underneath is a molded "shelf" that holds two tools, one to undo the lug nuts, and the other to be used to help tow the car. There are partitions in that "shelf" that could hold small items, or, if you removed the thing, it would give you a couple more inches of space. As far as the two port options I ordered are concerned(splash guards, and the cargo package), they aren't coming with the car, but the dealership has ordered them. I'll just pay for them up front, and have them installed when they arrive, hopefully, before the end of the year.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Good to hear! Sucks though that u have to wait a little while longer but at least u got to experience the Q50 for yourself already!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sooooo what did you think of the Venetian Ruby Red on person???
It's not a flashy or vibrant red, but more of a "sophisticated" color. That really doesn't nail it, though. It's hard to put a word to it. I really like it - it's a more fitting color for this car than the candy apple type. It's just me and my more "mature" outlook on things.:D It had the wood trim, so except for the sport seats and paddle shifters, it was what mine will look like. So, like many on here, I now wait, hopefully not more than a few days. I want the window tinting done as soon as possible, and I know the dealership would take care of it for me(they use the same company that I'll go to), but I want the paint sealant done as quickly as possible. After the tinting, I'll post some pictures, but it will probably be at least a few weeks before that will happen(remember, 35mm camera).;)

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I agree the red is more of a sophisticated red, which is more fitting for the Q50. If I was a red car kinda girl I would have stuck with the red. But alas, I knew I wasn't. Of course, no one who knows me (including myself) thought I'd be a white car kinda girl either! Go figure!! Too bad you didn't get to see that Moonlight White while there just so you can see it in person as many have....it's not a plain flat white, it's pearl and sparkly!

Gbert, maybe the sparkly pearl white speaks to those who over use exclamation points!!! Ha That would explain it! :p

I need to ask my dealership if they will do the tint for me as well; ceramic tinting of course (Aftosheen! :) )! If it requires additional days at the dealership I may just delay that and have it done in Nashville. I better place that clay bar and paint sealant order now! After hearing it would/should take 8-10 hours to do both, I was contemplating having it professionally done but am not sure where to have it done, correctly. I can't even seem to get a thorough cleaning/detail job done around here! I'm much more detailed than anyone that's ever cleaned my car.....and a lot less expensive! Well, less expensive at cleaning my car at least! :D

I'm glad that you love the color, Selzini! I was worried whether you'd be happy with it or not.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hahaha! Because people who overuse exclamation points have sparkling personalities? :confused: Hahaha! :D

I am actually looking forward to my car wash this Tuesday! Just need a little sleep first after my night shift then i'll do it so I can do a photoshoot by sunset! Hahaha! Bought my claybar and some other cleaning stuff from a local auto parts store! Hopefully kneading the clay isnt as tedious as I think it'll be but from others testimonies, it seems like it will be! :(

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree the red is more of a sophisticated red, which is more fitting for the Q50. If I was a red car kinda girl I would have stuck with the red. But alas, I knew I wasn't. Of course, no one who knows me (including myself) thought I'd be a white car kinda girl either! Go figure!! Too bad you didn't get to see that Moonlight White while there just so you can see it in person as many have....it's not a plain flat white, it's pearl and sparkly!

I need to ask my dealership if they will do the tint for me as well; ceramic tinting of course (Aftosheen! :) )! If it requires additional days at the dealership I may just delay that and have it done in Nashville. I better place that clay bar and paint sealant order now! After hearing it would/should take 8-10 hours to do both, I was contemplating having it professionally done but am not sure where to have it done, correctly. I can't even seem to get a thorough cleaning/detail job done around here! I'm much more detailed than anyone that's ever cleaned my car.....and a lot less expensive! Well, less expensive at cleaning my car at least! :D

I'm glad that you love the color, Selzini! I was worried whether you'd be happy with it or not.
I saw a lot of white cars on my trip, and the flat white ones just don't look good. Cadillac has a pearlized white that looks good, so I hope you stay in love with Infiniti's(but of course, I'll wait until I actually see the keys to the white one in your hands.:D) As far as the clay bar regimen is concerned, you don't have to order it - just go to any store that sells car waxes and such. Mother's is a good brand. And kneading the clay isn't hard.

And you were actually worried about my liking the red?
Aw, I'm touched.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I saw a lot of white cars on my trip, and the flat white ones just don't look good. Cadillac has a pearlized white that looks good, so I hope you stay in love with Infiniti's(but of course, I'll wait until I actually see the keys to the white one in your hands.:D) As far as the clay bar regimen is concerned, you don't have to order it - just go to any store that sells car waxes and such. Mother's is a good brand. And kneading the clay isn't hard.

And you were actually worried about my liking the red?
Aw, I'm touched.
The white is pearlized not flat unless you're talking about something different.

Gbert, claybaring your car is easy but there are different types of clay, from less aggressive to more aggressive. A less aggressive is best suited to a car in good condition to new. Mothers clay with lubricant is good. Don't forget to keep folding it over after a few passes. You'll be amazed on how the paint feels when you're done. Just don't forget to put a good coast of wax or sealant afterwards.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
The white is pearlized not flat unless you're talking about something different.

Gbert, claybaring your car is easy but there are different types of clay, from less aggressive to more aggressive. A less aggressive is best suited to a car in good condition to new. Mothers clay with lubricant is good. Don't forget to keep folding it over after a few passes. You'll be amazed on how the paint feels when you're done. Just don't forget to put a good coast of wax or sealant afterwards.
Yup! Have it covered! I have claybared my car before but just had it done @ a car wash for around $80! This time though I am going to do it myself! I ha e the meguiar claybar kit right now and gonna finish it off with the Master Formula Sealant Selzini recommended! :d

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yup! Have it covered! I have claybared my car before but just had it done @ a car wash for around $80! This time though I am going to do it myself! I ha e the meguiar claybar kit right now and gonna finish it off with the Master Formula Sealant Selzini recommended! :d
Cool. There are tons of products out there. Used Zaino for years, still love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.