Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:D

Dang near had to sleep in the car but it was so worth it. I went with the Matte Graphite Vossen CV4. I went the same size all the way around in a 20 x 9 in a 255/35/20 so I can rotate and balance the wheels and tires. They poke out a little bit which is what I was going for in the more aggressive and wide passenger tire. Tires are the Nitto Movitos. I wasn't going to upgrade the brakes so I wanted more spokes to hide the calipers (cheap arse)... I dig them... Thought I'd share. In person, the matte graphite doesn't clash too much with the factory color.

Sorry about the small pictures, I used my iPhone and the cloud. I'll try to post more and with better quality... Fail...

Attachments

Reactions: gbert15

·
Registered
41 Posts
:D

Dang near had to sleep in the car but it was so worth it. I went with the Matte Graphite Vossen CV4. I went the same size all the way around in a 20 x 9 in a 255/35/20 so I can rotate and balance the wheels and tires. They poke out a little bit which is what I was going for in the more aggressive and wide passenger tire. Tires are the Nitto Movitos. I wasn't going to upgrade the brakes so I wanted more spokes to hide the calipers (cheap arse)... I dig them... Thought I'd share. In person, the matte graphite doesn't clash too much with the factory color.

Sorry about the small pictures, I used my iPhone and the cloud. I'll try to post more and with better quality... Fail...
DUDE!! I'm so stoked you posted this…I've been wanting to get the CV4's, but I've wanted to see them on the car…I figured they'd look sick, but now that I know I'm good to go…

Haha…I just finished reading…I'm going with the Motivos also…looking at a set of Hankooks, too but Motivos were atop of my list.

So, how's the ride with the 255/35/20x9…no rubbing, no issues?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ya know…I get a lot of compliments on my Malbec Black and I like it and all, but that graphite shadow is just effing sexy as s**t! Looks great man…I wonder if the ride height is different between the sport & non-sport…any idea?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No rubbing at all... I cut both hard left and right one night at my local Target parking lot after I got the wheels and they were pretty awesome. Kudos to the tire tech at Discount who told me that there will be no rubbing or safety issue whatsoever. The ride is somewhat different than the stock 17s I had. It felt a little smoother with the 17s on, I wanted to get 19s, but I've never owned a set of 20s... I had 19s on my old G and kind of wanted to step my game up... haha.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Haha! SHould have come home with both and just screamed..."I am the man of the house!!!" :p:p:p

Awesome man! Now it needs moar low!!! :D

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
wow i'd take that over a PS4 anyday.. Gbert's right if the car was dropped it would be pure sex ! How are the motivos and what offset did you go with on the wheels?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the Motivos. I have Nittos on my wife's Murano and they drive like a dream. The ride is not bad on the Q... It's a very quiet tire. I don't know if I can talk the wife into lowering the car since she drives it most of the time... Maybe one day I'll just show up with it and hope she doesn't notice...

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I think he did +32 fronts and +20 rears!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya know…I get a lot of compliments on my Malbec Black and I like it and all, but that graphite shadow is just effing sexy as s**t! Looks great man…I wonder if the ride height is different between the sport & non-sport…any idea?
Thanks man! Really appreciate the kind words. I wanted the black at first since it was my old G's color but this was the only one at the dealer that had the options we wanted in that color. I guess it was meant to be haha... I don't think there is a suspension difference from the standard premium to the sport, but I could be wrong... Don't make me lie...

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
You're a genius and right on the money... You have powerball digits for us? :D
Being asians, we need to know those numbers bro! Hahaha!

Nah its was a matter of calculation! Recommended wheel sizes are 20x9 +32 and 20x10.5 +45 and for every half an inch difference u either add or subtract 6 on the offset so since there is a 1.5" difference u subtract the 45 with 18 and so the closest one would either be +32 or +20 and since u are not lowered, I assumed they would put in the more aggressive offset! So lucky guess! Hehe!

Thanks man! Really appreciate the kind words. I wanted the black at first since it was my old G's color but this was the only one at the dealer that had the options we wanted in that color. I guess it was meant to be haha... I don't think there is a suspension difference from the standard premium to the sport, but I could be wrong... Don't make me lie...
Nah man! The premium has a softer suspension than the sport one!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
^ So far most of the mods are done by asians.. i need to join the club !

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
^ So far most of the mods are done by asians.. i need to join the club !
Definitely join the club already man but dont rush into it! Save money for quality mods rather than just buying things with what u currently have just to get something done! I learned my lesson with the G35 and became more patient(well...might not look like it right now :D) with saving up for quality wheels rather than getting whats available! Id rsther get quality wheels with the design I want than just get whatever I see on craigslist or in the forums!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Wanna trade your CV4 for my brand new unopen PS4 :D
I'm so envy you guys got the time and money to mod your car.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Wanna trade your CV4 for my brand new unopen PS4 :D
I'm so envy you guys got the time and money to mod your car.
I envy u have a ps4! I wanna play nba 2k14 already on it! Hahaha! :D

Reactions: InfinitiPlusOne

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I rather drive your insanely modded Q50S Hybrid than play with the PS4 :)
I really can't imagine how it like to drive you car.
I'll let u drive it once around the block for the ps4? :p

It actually drives nicely man! Only downside to being lowered is I feel the road more so it gets quite bouncy @ times but the dampening settings I have right now doesnt make the ride harsh! I like the cornering better since I am more planted to the ground!

Reactions: InfinitiPlusOne

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
how are speed bumps with that ride height?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
how are speed bumps with that ride height?
Its actually fine! I am more cautious of potholes actually! I guess I am just used to driving lowered cars though since I drove my G35 for a long time lowered and this feels a lot smoother and not harsh @ all!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.