Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 infiniti q50 premium 3.7
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i've had my 2015 Q50 premium for a little over a year. I bought a optimus performance muffler delete and i did a resonator delete. The car sounded amazing and then i decided to do 35% tints and got 19 inch asa gt13 bronze rims . I got bored of the power so i decided to do the Stillen 2.5 inch oiled air intakes, berk test pipes and a dyno tune. My car made 328whp and 280 torque.

I left my tuner and i hit a downshift to hear the good ol bang pops and bombs and my car started to like jump is the best way to describe it. I immediately went back had him detune my trans and it still happened not as bad though. Im on the parkway and i thought well i just spent all this money for the power let me test it out i put my foot down and it had no power the car went into limp mode. I pulled over and shut it off turned it back on and then it was fine all day no CEL or anything.

That night i went to a meet shot a few flames and a CEL came on and i thought i blew out a censor or something miniscule but i got a gear 7 incorrect ratio code. Reverted all my parts that would upset the dealer to stock and then took it to the dealer later to find out my trans had 1 mm thick metal going through it and blew my trans completely. It took about a month and got the car back i broke the trans in correctly and then the limp mode issue kept occuring from when i picked it up the car shifts too early it slips in and out of gear constantly and sometimes a sort of hop.

I also smell a burning type smell its not oil like i don't know how to describe it. Now i get codes for the gear 7 ratio even though the ratios are correct, incorrect cold start timing and grounds codes. Im bringing the car back to the dealer and going to a different tuner because mine cant figure it out and flat out ruined the car. Before i tuned my car i had no issues at all after its something new every time i drive it maybe its the software im tuned on, im tuned on uprev and the q50s i see are tuned on ecutek. Sorry for making this long lmao its just my first post in here.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Yikes man throw some spaces between your paragraphs that's really hard to read. XD

Sounds like you had a bad tune (not the software itself) but the person who calibrated the actual tune messed up, if your back to stock following the transmission
swap then I'd be bringing it back to Infiniti and having them figure out whats going on but there is possibly other damage that was caused by that tune which
is causing your continued transmission problems.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,985 Posts
Please, no text walls. Make your post readable with paragraphs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts