Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix? This problem is particularly frustrating when I start to park or back out the car and realize I can't read the screen due to it washing out.
I have the day brightness on that screen set to the highest value; so I'm not sure what else I can do.

·
Registered
302 Posts
yes, depending on your driving direction and location of the sun, it does wash out. I just recently sat in a friend's 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. Interestingly enough, the dash has a bump out directly over the LCD display further than in our Q50s that makes it more legible in direct sunlit conditions. I'm not sure why they didn't think of this for the Q50.

I think there is still value in having their engineering teams (Nissan and Infiniti) joined up in dialog so that they can share various ideas. You never know what ideas what team has thought of that might benefit the other.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm going to give this a try. I'll report back once I get it.
Nushield
Yes, please post back how it works out.

You might also pass along to the company that they are labeling the Q50 incorrectly in their order drop-down menu as a year "13" model instead of "14". :)

Reactions: chicagokevo

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I notice that. It did mention for 8" navigation. It better fit the Q50 Nav when I get it.

Yes, please post back how it works out.

You might also pass along to the company that they are labeling the Q50 incorrectly in their order drop-down menu as a year "13" model instead of "14". :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
well even if it doesnt fit perfect, just center it and you should be good. You going to get 2, one for each screen?

On another note does anyone have any issues with the nav screen at night? I've driven in other vehicles where the screen reflects off the windshield, just wondering if Q50 suffers the same?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I only get for the Nav screen since it is the one that give the most trouble with direct sunlight.
Hmm...I don't drive at night, but I do drive early in the morning when it is still dark. I have no problem seeing the Nav screen.

well even if it doesnt fit perfect, just center it and you should be good. You going to get 2, one for each screen?

On another note does anyone have any issues with the nav screen at night? I've driven in other vehicles where the screen reflects off the windshield, just wondering if Q50 suffers the same?

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I had the same problem so I just changed the setting to have the black background so the sunlight no longer affects it. The engineers are aware of this being an issue with owners.

Reactions: cvipgo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had MyFordTouch in my Focus right after it came out. While MFT didn't work often in the beginning, I could always see it not working no matter the brightness of the sun. MFT had an old resistive touchscreen too.

Please let us know how well the Nushield works. I haven't had any night issues yet; and I can always see the lower screen fine. It just seems to be the upper screen that is compromised.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Or press the camera/brightness adjustment button. Maybe turn up brightness of display in day mode?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Received the Nushield Dayvue and it's suck. It make the screen colors looks wash out. The only good thing about it is it fit perfectly on the Nav screen.
Don't even waste your money on it. I don't think it will work on direct sunlight.
I hope I can return it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I experience this issue with the nav screen as well, although it's better now that I tinted my windows (though still not great). If I wear my polarized sunglasses then it's really hard to read in direct sunlight (if not impossible) but if I remove my sunglasses, it is readable even in direct light...

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Nu shield works great as I have installed it on Nav screen instead of keep switching background. It's only $20 and nu shield ships it really fast. Try it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I experience this issue with the nav screen as well, although it's better now that I tinted my windows (though still not great). If I wear my polarized sunglasses then it's really hard to read in direct sunlight (if not impossible) but if I remove my sunglasses, it is readable even in direct light...
Same here. Works great without polarized sunglasses. The engineers aligned the screen so it washes out with polarization on normal glasses. Bad call. Turn your head so your ear touches your shoulder and see it brighten right up.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Nu shield works great as I have installed it on Nav screen instead of keep switching background. It's only $20 and nu shield ships it really fast. Try it.
Do you have a Nu Shield on the lower screen as well?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.