Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I encountered a major bug in the Navigation System this past weekend for the second time. I was trying to enter my friend's address using the touch screen. After entering all the information, it said "Multiple Locations Found," and asked me to pick from two choices (both with same address). No matter which address I selected, it would set my destination to my current location (not the address I just entered) and say, "Destination too close to calculate." I must have tried it 10 times to make sure I wasn't entering something wrong, and it kept doing it.

I had the same issue a few weeks after picking my car up when trying to enter my sister's address in CT. At the time I assumed I just wasn't doing something right, but after discovering the tons of other bugs in the Q50 software, I now know this is yet another one. Has anyone else encountered this?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
So next time, use the voice command feature to enter it. Should work. I had that glitch last week and was no problem with voice entry.

Press the voice command button. At the beep, say "Address"
When prompted enter the full address like this:
"123 Main Street, Anytown" - no state, no zip. Just house number, street and city. Works great.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Yeah I did what Sinecure suggested. For some reason I was punching in an address in Canada for my trip, and it wouldn't set the destination to the address for some reason. I used the voice command instead and I had no issues with it. I haven't tried it again since the update though. I'll try it when I get home from work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah I did what Sinecure suggested. For some reason I was punching in an address in Canada for my trip, and it wouldn't set the destination to the address for some reason. I used the voice command instead and I had no issues with it. I haven't tried it again since the update though. I'll try it when I get home from work.
What.. Craving an awesome poutine and a double double? :p

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Aww man I haven't had a poutine in a while!! They need to start doing that down here man!

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
There's a poutine reference in this video of a kid going potty:

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
LMAO with all those things the kid ate...no wonder they're complaining. HAHA

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So next time, use the voice command feature to enter it. Should work. I had that glitch last week and was no problem with voice entry.

Press the voice command button. At the beep, say "Address"
When prompted enter the full address like this:
"123 Main Street, Anytown" - no state, no zip. Just house number, street and city. Works great.
I did end up using the voice command feature, and it did work fine that way. Still doesn't change the fact that this is a real glitch. I shouldn't have to find workarounds.

I find the voice recognition to be maddening at times, so I don't use it that often. For example, how do you say the name of a point of interest if it's an acronym, like "CVS?" I haven't been able to get it to find that no matter what I say.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.