Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was parked for about 90 minutes; when I started up, the Nav system was not functioning. The message in the upper right of the top screen said "Not Connected" I wasn't able to set a destination. When I went to Settings, the option for the Nav system was grayed out.

I restarted the car 5 times, but it continued to be in the "Not Connected" state. I was in the middle of a giant parking lot with no blockage of satellite signals.

I drove home and the next morning it worked ok.

I've had several freezes; they generally cleared up when I restarted the engine.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Check with you dealership to see if you have had the latest software update. That is my guess because of the freezes.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I just had my nav board replaced under warranty. And, yes, I experienced your symptoms plus No Map Software Found errors when USB stick was installed.

All seems god now.

·
Registered
478 Posts
or could be th Nav SD is loose, take it out and reinstall the Nav SD card (in the arm rest storage)
Could be, but usually when it involves the SD card, it will say that on the screen. This is the first time I have heard of it not connecting (not just a black out). I would check both though just to make sure.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Not connected refers to your phone, not the Navi. So that's not related to the problem you're having. If you don't have the most recent software, that could be the problem causing the freezes. Or it could just be that the SD card needs to be removed and re-seated.

But generally what you're describing sounds like old software locking up the Intouch system.

Reactions: mattreading22

·
Registered
6 Posts
Navigation system not loading

I am having problems with the navigation system not loading about half of the time I start the car. A couple of times the arrow on the navigation system has come up but not the map. It always loads when I restart the car the second time. I have had the car into the dealership three times in the last 6 weeks since I purchased the car and they replaced the map card, but it did not solve the problem. The dealership has called the factory, but they don't seem to know what the problem is. They told me that another car is experiencing the same problems and they are replacing parts to find the solution to the problem. Is anyone else having this problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.