Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Navigation - Voice Recognition, enter full address?

So - picked up my Q50 last night.

When I do a Voice Recognition for navigation, it tells me I can "speak the full address" or search by city (like on my old g37). So I go ahead and say, "123 Main Street, Yonkers, NY 11002"

When I speak that full address, it simply translates it as garbage... doesnt even get close to the right address.

If I say city, and then street address, etc. like on my old G, it works just fine.

The dealer said this was a "known bug". But, I couldnt find it discussed here on this forum?

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
By default you're only supposed to say the number, the street, and the city. That's how it works for me.

This might be different if you're looking for far away directions such as from one state to another. That may have to be manually put in.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Ive always stopped @ city! I believe the state is predetermined already unless u have to go out of state and u dont have to state the zip code! Basically from the start i just press the voice recognition button then say street address! I then when told to state the address i would go and proceed saying the house number, street, then city and thats it!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Here are some tips.

1) Enunciate. Don't blur your words together.
2) Press the voice button, wait for the beep, then say "Address" followed by "123 Main Street, Yonkers". NY not needed. I don't know what happens if you're trying to go to CT or NJ (car doesn't like Bridge and Tunnel crowd?)
3) Remember to wait for the beep before speaking
4) I've found that One Twenty Three usually works, but "Ten Twenty" doesn't work as well - YMMV
5) If you aren't sure whether it is Main Street or Main Ave, just say "Main". I had a client having problems finding Bay Rd. Turns out it was Bay Ave. When we just said "Bay" it found it, but Bay Street and Bay Road didn't find anything. If you're typing in the address, this doesn't seem to be a problem.
6) if all else fails, just call Infiniti Connection and ask for Infiniti Personal Assistant. They can send you any address. If you have a Q50 with Navigation, you have Infiniti Connection and IPA right now (unless your salesperson is a dunce and didn't set it up for you).

Reactions: SimpsonTide985
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.