Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Read the article. I do agree with the Sport mode setting. It never felt right to me. Too heavy and artificial. That's why I never use it since tried it a couple of time. The Personal mode with Standard/Quick is so much better. Now, does the new DAS software update improve upon the Personal mode or just the Sport mode. Very confusing article.

·
Registered
697 Posts
so the update wont be covered under warranty ???! WTF !?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Everyone has their own preferences, and that's the way it should be. For me, I like the heavier feel, and keep it at "heavy/quick." What I don't understand is what the article says about the change. Why would I want a "transition" brought into the steering? When I move the steering wheel, I WANT the wheels to move as well. The article makes it sound like they are changing back to cars from 50 years ago. Watch an old movie with someone driving, and see how they are constantly adjusting the wheel, as the car keeps going straight. I thought the modern technology eliminates that - and it does in my car. I definitely wouldn't get the update, even if it were free.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think all the modes are fine, and I can fine tune the personal mode whenever I want. The article says "Infiniti’s by-wire system is so direct that you can actually move your hands slightly later when turning the steering wheel to maneuver the car." Exactly. I love the direct response in sport mode.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sometimes I like sport, sometimes I don't. I kind of like it on the freeway at times because it doesn't require a lot of minor adjustments. Other times, I drive in standard and eco with safety shield on, in which case heavy steering wouldn't be desirable anyway (not to mention that the car is handling lane guidance with safety shield on).

I rarely use sport in the city and for truly spirited driving, I use personal mode in standard/quick, with the tracing feature disabled.

Frankly, having all of these options is great and I always complain about the inability to configure the steering in my wife's car now. :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wonder if they applied this update to my car. My sport mode steering doesnt seem as heavy as it initially felt when I purchased the car. Could be all in my head though.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
They expect us to pay for this update? They are insane.
Hey Debbie Downer, who said you had to pay for it? It said it isn't covered under warranty. If your dealer charges you for this, it is only because you're Francis, and they find you annoying.

Lighten up Francis.

Reactions: SnowItch
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.