Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to change the navigation settings to avoid highways? I see the option to avoid tolls but nothing about avoiding highways. Sometimes it's better to take the streets instead of getting on the freeway. I asked my dealer and they were unable to help me. This is so frustrating! I have the Q50 Premium package with navigation. I don't own the tech package and not sure if that makes a difference. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Does anyone know how to change the navigation settings to avoid highways? I see the option to avoid tolls but nothing about avoiding highways. Sometimes it's better to take the streets instead of getting on the freeway. I asked my dealer and they were unable to help me. This is so frustrating! I have the Q50 Premium package with navigation. I don't own the tech package and not sure if that makes a difference. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
I'd be careful if I were you. You could end up in the same situation as "Doc Hollywood." :D

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I guess one is not very interested in the giant Q50 Navigation manual that they received upon delivery? :p

Well don't worry, in our General Forum, we have a Sticky thread with all of the Q50 manuals loaded in electronic form here.

Once you go to that thread, scroll down to the Navigation Manual link (you might want to download the file first and then open).

I actually took some time to find the sections in the manual that should help point you in the right direction. Check pages 9-50 through 9-53 for some helpful info on this :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
It's very discouraging (on many, not all, of the forums I belong to) that people simply won't take the time to check the manual and do a search prior to asking questions.

Too many forums have multiple threads on the same subject with different answers in each thread. It really is a dis-service to people who find the forum via a web search when they can't find the correct answer (and too often, they start another thread).

Thanks for pointing out that the information is in the manual.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Well SnowItch, that's why I'm here. :)

I've moderated and have been on message forums on the internet for a looong time and so I kinda have to keep in mind that there are still a lot of people who are very new to how message forums and boards work. A lot of the time they come by just to lurk and search for quick answers and a lot of them don't want to be bothered by "joining the community".

The only thing that really bugs me is when duplicate threads pop up from people who have been around here for quite some time. :mad: That annoys me more than a newbie looking for a quick solution to an issue that technically hasn't been asked before in an existing thread.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I've moderated and have been on message forums on the internet for a looong time and so I kinda have to keep in mind that there are still a lot of people who are very new to how message forums and boards work. A lot of the time they come by just to lurk and search for quick answers and a lot of them don't want to be bothered by "joining the community".

The only thing that really bugs me is when duplicate threads pop up from people who have been around here for quite some time. :mad: That annoys me more than a newbie looking for a quick solution to an issue that technically hasn't been asked before in an existing thread.
Hey, can you tell me what colors the Q50 comes in? Also, does it have rear-view monitoring and heated seats?:p:D

·
Registered
324 Posts
It's very discouraging (on many, not all, of the forums I belong to) that people simply won't take the time to check the manual and do a search prior to asking questions.

Too many forums have multiple threads on the same subject with different answers in each thread. It really is a dis-service to people who find the forum via a web search when they can't find the correct answer (and too often, they start another thread).

Thanks for pointing out that the information is in the manual.

We have a expression we use in my business of "RTFM". If you haven't heard of that it's Read The F*&^ng Manual..
But it's always easier to be lazy. :D

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Registered
15 Posts
I read the manual and still can't figure it out

I read the manual and did a search on how to minimize use of "freeways" the g37 was just a check to accomplish this. The pages pointed out the avoid areas feature, but this is not freeway, and what if I am going somewhere I am not familiar with? Minimize "toll roads" does not accomplish this either. I don't think there is any way to just find a route that does not use freeways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.