Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a used 2014 Infiniti Q50 from a repo auction. The car was missing the navigation SD card, maybe the previous owner took it or something. So I bought a new SD card from a local authorized Infiniti dealer. I popped the SD card in, and its asking me for a license key. I asked the Infiniti dealer what it was, and they were unaware. They charged me $125 for 1 hour of tech support to figure it out; which I agreed to. After they inspected everything, they told me I need a new navigation unit, and it will cost me $5300. I refuse to believe that. There has to be a license key available. Its not like the screen goes blank for them to assume I need a whole new navigation unit. Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I also have no idea what is needed, but I do know this: I would NEVER go back to that Infiniti dealer again, without first having a sit-down with the dealer's owner or manager. Pure B.S., in my opinion.

·
Registered
62 Posts
license key is usually with the sd card. put it in the pc and open the folders with notepad you should see it listed or when you go to the website for the update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have no idea what is needed. I think u must follow jbx007
license key is usually with the sd card. put it in the pc and open the folders with notepad you should see it listed or when you go to the website for the update
----------------------
please visit my website
Fine artistry

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
It may be encoded in one of the files there that makes it locked to specific Nav ID. IMO, unless you're an experienced individual in that area (hacker?), just buy it from HERE website. I've been seeing them offer $30 once a year, thus $109 + $4 shipping (+ tax if applicable) would be the lowest price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It may be encoded in one of the files there that makes it locked to specific Nav ID. IMO, unless you're an experienced individual in that area (hacker?), just buy it from HERE website. I've been seeing them offer $30 once a year, thus $109 + $4 shipping (+ tax if applicable) would be the lowest price.
I wish it were that cheap. I live in the UK so need the euro version. The quote from infiniti for the SD was £400. A shocking amount. The license key is in the SD somewhere, as there is no data connection. I keep looking at options.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
Really struggling with this. I dont see where the license key is on the SD?

Thanks,

Andrew
The SD NAVI cards don't come with the license key printed on them that I've seen. When you buy a NAVI SD card from a reputable source, you have to provide the NAVI ID that is stored in your car's OS. The SD card is then programmed with your NAVI ID and sent to you.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I wish it were that cheap. I live in the UK so need the euro version. The quote from infiniti for the SD was £400. A shocking amount. The license key is in the SD somewhere, as there is no data connection. I keep looking at options.

That's one bloody expensive SD card, total rip off.

Here in the US, they sort of encode your nav id and most likely results into a hash code stored in a file. Then they mail the SD out and must use the activation code they supplied before you can use it. No external data connection is required as far as I can tell.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
The 2019 maps should be out in a month or so if HERE remains consistent. I have 2018 maps in my 2019. Once the 2019 comes out I'll pull the trigger;)

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
That's one bloody expensive SD card, total rip off.
Actually, that's not bad at all. Many other manufacturers charge anywhere from $149 - $199 for theirs.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
Actually, that's not bad at all. Many other manufacturers charge anywhere from $149 - $199 for theirs.
??? 400 pounds sterling is $486. Seems rather high to me.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
What??? $129 US Dollars
I paid $125 for the SD NAV card for the wife's Mazda3. That's all it cost to add NAV to her car. No option package necessary.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Whoa, are you saying £400 isn't bad at all?? Am I missing something or you missed the symbol there? LoL
What I see is $129 US dollars. What in the world are you looking at???

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
Pooman1992 said that Infiniti quoted him 400 pounds Sterling for the SD card for his area. That's $486. q50adix said that is a bloody expensive SD card and I would have to agree. What are you looking at?

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Pooman1992 said that Infiniti quoted him 400 pounds Sterling for the SD card for his area. That's $486. q50adix said that is a bloody expensive SD card and I would have to agree. What are you looking at?
I am looking at the link that was posted taking you to the US purchase site that lists the SD card for $129 US dollars

1 - 20 of 29 Posts