Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't drive that often at night, not for any particular reason but I just don't.

Last night I was driving home and my area is very dark at night, no street lights and I noticed was that the Nav screen was reflecting rather badly in my windshield just behind my rear-view mirror. I must say that is was very distracting. It's the angle of the screen and no hood. I knew that the sun is an issue at times, but just never thought about night driving. Does anyone else find this issue distracting? My Acura's nav screen was set back into the dash more with a large hood to shield it from the sun and night driving.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hmmm....would dimming the light output help?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm....would dimming the light output help?
I did that and it does help somewhat but it is still noticeable. I'm not worried about it too much but I think if I did a lot of night driving it might be annoying, although I probably would get used to it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes. It's in the settings in InTouch menu somewhere. Don't remember where. But it is there.
Yes we had to find these settings when we were almost blinded by bright dash at night
I have had trouble with reflections from car onto the driver side mirror that are very distracting

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
You don't have it forced into daytime mode by any chance?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.