Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016_Q50_RWD_3.0t
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done aftermarket many times, but nothing like this.

Infiniti Q50 premium/Bose/no nav

First, bought a Tesla style screen.

Watched a video how to remove everything and install.

* I took my OEM screens out, and put the new screen in *

The new screen came on, looked beautiful but there was no sound, as I was looking around for something I had missed or what not, I heard something make a small buzz sound, then everything went Black on the screen.

So, I put my OEM screens back in, and they were black also.

Steps I took...
Checked fuses at drivers side kick plate, and the radio was blown, so I took a spare and replaced, making sure to check with my light that the fuse lit up, still no screens.

Bought a used cd player because all the wires run into the back of it, so I assumed it might play a part, that didn't change anything.

Checked fuses under the hood, all good.

Disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, still nothing.

Held the power button down for different amounts of time, still nothing.

Paid 35 dollars online to talk to a certified Infiniti tech.. He had no clue, but did tell me to take the battery out, there were fuses in the battery well.
Sure as crap, a black box in there, when taken apart had tons of fuses, not they were all good.

Infiniti tech wiped his hands and is done.

The OEM screens were not in the car when this happened, so they shouldn't be effected.
And the radio fuse was blown, bit where else do I have to troubleshoot?

The lights come on around the screens for the buttons, but you can't control anything, no heat, ac, radio, nothing.
The hazards work, it has some kind of default interior temp it makes the ac/heat meet. Passenger airbag light works.

I hope someone can help me diagnose this, for all this trouble I would have kept it stock as the system sounds great already, the Tesla screen offered more options and customization.

Winter is here and I have no defrost or controls of the heat... This sucks

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts

The new screen came on, looked beautiful but there was no sound, as I was looking around for something I had missed or what not, I heard something make a small buzz sound, then everything went Black on the screen.

Steps I took...
Checked fuses at drivers side kick plate, and the radio was blown, so I took a spare and replaced, making sure to check with my light that the fuse lit up, still no screens.

Bought a used cd player because all the wires run into the back of it, so I assumed it might play a part, that didn't change anything.

Paid 35 dollars online to talk to a certified Infiniti tech.. He had no clue, but did tell me to take the battery out, there were fuses in the battery well.
Sure as crap, a black box in there, when taken apart had tons of fuses, not they were all good.

The OEM screens were not in the car when this happened, so they shouldn't be effected.

The lights come on around the screens for the buttons, but you can't control anything, no heat, ac, radio, nothing.
The hazards work, it has some kind of default interior temp it makes the ac/heat meet. Passenger airbag light works.

I hope someone can help me diagnose this, for all this trouble I would have kept it stock as the system sounds great already, the Tesla screen offered more options and customization.

Thanks
Chris
Did you figure this out?

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 3.0TT Luxe
15 Posts
These cars are picky when you unplug the factory radio. Usually the drive selector will be inoperable along with a few other things. They eventually come back. If you have a CONSULT tool, try doing a reset on the CAN Gateway.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe AWD 3.0t
14 Posts
Every “Tesla” style screen I’ve seen requires you to still have the top screen installed behind the new “Tesla” screen. Also you didn’t mention disconnecting the battery before unplugging the screens. I unplug light bulbs without killing power but a whole infotainment system? That’s asking for trouble 😬

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,275 Posts
Well. I can feel your pain bro because it was happened with me also. But now i can use this website which is good in reviews related to tech, gadgets and many categories. I used it personally. You can check this out.
dishwasher brands to avoid
Then you'll probably feel this pain also.

Sleeve Gesture Font Thumb Art

Banned.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,275 Posts
Our VerticalScope overlords want us to use progressive discipline in handling things like this, first a warning, then a temporary ban, and finally a perma-ban. I don't mess with that. 99.9% of my bans are first-time perma-bans. I don't have the time or patience to modify their behavior, I just get rid of them.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Steps I took...

Thanks
Chris
im having the same problem did you fix it

·
Registered
1 Posts

Steps I took...

Thanks
Chris

Steps I took...

Thanks
Chris
Has anyone ever solved this issue. I'm having it right now. Frustrating

1 - 10 of 10 Posts