Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your help! I think I bought a fuc*** up q50 😤🥲 i can’t seem to figure out this cel that keeps coming back..p0101 started it all. auto shop says I need to buy stock intakes…I have on aem. I was getting a p0101 to start it and now it’s back and they have done everything expect replace the sensor or put stock intakes on… even said it was the throttle body and serviced that and had someone reprogram the car… didn’t work… they then cleaned the maf sensor and relearned the cars idle and I drove it for the last 2 days just fine and BAM! The light comes back on. Now it shows these codes on my reader I have.. “not a good reader”

the codes now are
u0100, p0725, u1000, p0430, p14ac…

NO P0101 and that was what the shop said the main reason was… all these codes were showing up before but like I said the auto shop said they weren’t the problem… I’m at a loss.. I only have had this car for 3 weeks… no warranty sadly… anyone think they can help? Instagram is _q50jacob to reply faster thank you guys!

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD. Black on Black on Black
83 Posts
I need your help! I think I bought a fuc*** up q50 😤🥲 i can’t seem to figure out this cel that keeps coming back..p0101 started it all. auto shop says I need to buy stock intakes…I have on aem. I was getting a p0101 to start it and now it’s back and they have done everything expect replace the sensor or put stock intakes on… even said it was the throttle body and serviced that and had someone reprogram the car… didn’t work… they then cleaned the maf sensor and relearned the cars idle and I drove it for the last 2 days just fine and BAM! The light comes back on. Now it shows these codes on my reader I have.. “not a good reader”

the codes now are
u0100, p0725, u1000, p0430, p14ac…

NO P0101 and that was what the shop said the main reason was… all these codes were showing up before but like I said the auto shop said they weren’t the problem… I’m at a loss.. I only have had this car for 3 weeks… no warranty sadly… anyone think they can help? Instagram is _q50jacob to reply faster thank you guys!

So, did you put the stock intakes back on?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,275 Posts
P0725 - Engine speed input circuit. The TCM does not receive an engine speed input via the CAN bus from the ECM.

U1000 - CAN COMM circuit. TCM can not transmit or receive CAN communications continuously for 2 seconds or more.

P0430 - The primary cat on bank 2 (driver's side) does not have enough oxygen storage capacity. Possible intake air leak, fuel injector or spark plug

P14AC - CAC cooling water pump response duty varying too much.

U0100 - ECM communication problem.

Which of these are past DTCs and which are current?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
P0725 - Engine speed input circuit. The TCM does not receive an engine speed input via the CAN bus from the ECM.

U1000 - CAN COMM circuit. TCM can not transmit or receive CAN communications continuously for 2 seconds or more.

P0430 - The primary cat on bank 2 (driver's side) does not have enough oxygen storage capacity. Possible intake air leak, fuel injector or spark plug

P14AC - CAC cooling water pump response duty varying too much.

U0100 - ECM communication problem.

Which of these are past DTCs and which are current?
How can I check that??

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,275 Posts
How can I check that??
I'm not sure what you mean when you said "not a good reader" but a decent OBDII scanner will delineate past from current DTCs. Did you clear all those DTCs and the list of DTCs you posted just came up or is that the old list that was present when the dealership scanned your car?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Put the stock intakes on.

Is the battery the original? If so, I recommend having it load tested and it may need to be replaced.

Reactions: Wheels43

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Currently trying to find the best deal I can on some stock intakes… I’ll try the load test and let you know if it’s original battery or not.. I have appt for the dealer to look at it on the 30th might just wait and let them fix it.. idc about the cost honestly I just want my car to run w no light coming on at random… but I will try intakes definitely

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,286 Posts
Does the car have a salvage or rebuilt title?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does the car have a salvage or rebuilt title?
Only thing it showed was the front bumper had minor damage and was replaced. I have put this into thought if maybe something could have broke or been replaced wrong but I’m not that savvy mechanically so I wouldn’t know much

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,286 Posts
Only thing it showed was the front bumper had minor damage and was replaced. I have put this into thought if maybe something could have broke or been replaced wrong but I’m not that savvy mechanically so I wouldn’t know much
I just had to ask because a lot of people show up here having issues with cars that were totaled by an insurance company and then pieced back together by a shop that wasn't an Infiniti dealer.

Reactions: Q50Wolf

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I understand. My car is one owner, with 59k miles done to it & a stack of papers to show all the maintenance done to it over the last 6 years.. cars is very clean, runs hard.. even with the light on… the shop cleaned the sensor last and it stayed off for almost 300 miles & now it’s back… I’m sure it’s these **** intakes & I need to go to stock or better like AMS

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
737 Posts
Are you still in need of the stock intakes? I still have an extra pair from my old Q50 and will work with you on getting them, PM me if so

1 - 19 of 19 Posts