Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I need some help. I have an iPhone 5. I can received texts through the car's screen but when I try replying using one of the canned responses, it always says Send Failed. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Hey Guys,

I need some help. I have an iPhone 5. I can received texts through the car's screen but when I try replying using one of the canned responses, it always says Send Failed. Any ideas?

Thanks
Search the forum; there's a thread covering this topic. In short, InTouch does not allow iPhone users to reply/send texts; only view them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Sigh...I refuse to give up my jailbreak on my iPhone 5 for IOS7. I guess i'll have to wait for a jailbreak for iOS7 or port the new messaging features from the iOS7 package over to iOS6. Time to do some digging.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Even after my IOS7 upgrade, I still can't send texts through my car :mad:
From what I understand this is not an Apple update issue, its with Infiniti...waiting for inTouch software update. I'm assuming its related to the inTouch smartphone app which we are all patiently waiting for...latest I heard from my dealer was week of October 21 - 25

·
Registered
407 Posts
I guess from this we can learn that going to iOS7 is a bad thing, that should be a rule of thumb, NEVER upgrade to the latest firmware right away if you have an apple phone. If we can downgrade, going to 6.1.2 or what ever was before iOS7 should do you well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.