Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a set of new 20" wheels for my 18 Q50 RS (RWD). I believed I was buying a staggered set, 20x9 (front) and 20x9.5 (rear). I even emailed and verified that was what i was buying and they confirmed. I get the wheels and sure enough, it's a square set of 20x9. Argh!!! However, they had the staggered tire sizes I wanted to run on the wheels already in 255/35R20 (front) and 275/30R20 (rear). But I did not want the Toyo tires they had on them so I had them dismounted today and am going to just sell them on the side and ordered the new set of Michelin's I wanted.

My question is this...I know that my stock wheels are 19x9 (front) and 19x9.5 (rear). Does anyone know will I run into any problems running the 20x9 in the rear instead of 20x9.5? Will the .5 inch really make that much of a difference? Again I already know the wheel sizes will accommodate the tire sizes I want, I just an wanting to make sure there isn't some other larger problem looming. Thank you all for any help you can provide.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,126 Posts
I'm confused why you are accepting an order that was wrong and why you ordered mounted tires that are not the ones you want? You did not mention but I assume you are RWD? You'll be fine if you decide to keep your 20"x9" rims. Just use a tire size calculator to make sure the overall diameter of your new 20" tires are at/near the diameter that your OEM tires were. If you post your OEM 19" tire sizes, we can help you select new 20" tires that are within range of your 19" overall diameter.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
484 Posts
It's borderline to run 275s on 9"...

Reactions: Philogynist

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm confused why you are accepting an order that was wrong and why you ordered mounted tires that are not the ones you want? You did not mention but I assume you are RWD? You'll be fine if you decide to keep your 20"x9" rims. Just use a tire size calculator to make sure the overall diameter of your new 20" tires are at/near the diameter that your OEM tires were. If you post your OEM 19" tire sizes, we can help you select new 20" tires that are within range of your 19" overall diameter.
Well it wasn't until after the fact that I realized they were wrong. I got a good deal on the set of wheels/tires and so I figured I would just get them as is and sell the tires I did not want (which would actually make them an even better deal). It's not like I got to choose the tires or anything, they were already mounted with the Toyo's. But they were one of the only staggered sets I could find (well, if it had actually been accurate that is). As I said, they were clearly stated to be the staggered set, I even did my due diligence and asked to confirm if they were the staggered set (to which the seller confirmed) and so I bought them. It was not until AFTER I got the wheels and tires separated that I happened to inspect each wheel and noticed they all had the exact same model #, and were all stamped with the same dimension (20x9). Believe me, I have contacted the seller and am expecting some sort of compensation for the major error! I did mention in my original post, my car is RWD, and I'm running the factory setup of 245/45R19 (front) and 265/35R19 (rear) on the 19x9 and 19x9.5 wheels.

Since posting I've run through a few tire/wheel comparison calculators and it looks like the change is very minimal and should be fine. All the calculators have shown that there should be no issue / it's a very minimal change or difference, even with running the 20x9 in the rear. So not what I was expecting, but it should be fine. As long as I get compensated in some way, I'll still be happy with what I have.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Bought from China? China.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,305 Posts
I don't like the stretched look of 245s on my OEM 9.0 in wide wheels. I would be happier with 9.0 as opposed to 9.5 and run a 265 on them, front and back. Same size front and back give you the option of rotating tires front to back resulting in more even wear and longer tire life.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,126 Posts
Well it wasn't until after the fact that I realized they were wrong. I got a good deal on the set of wheels/tires and so I figured I would just get them as is and sell the tires I did not want (which would actually make them an even better deal). It's not like I got to choose the tires or anything, they were already mounted with the Toyo's. But they were one of the only staggered sets I could find (well, if it had actually been accurate that is). As I said, they were clearly stated to be the staggered set, I even did my due diligence and asked to confirm if they were the staggered set (to which the seller confirmed) and so I bought them. It was not until AFTER I got the wheels and tires separated that I happened to inspect each wheel and noticed they all had the exact same model #, and were all stamped with the same dimension (20x9). Believe me, I have contacted the seller and am expecting some sort of compensation for the major error! I did mention in my original post, my car is RWD, and I'm running the factory setup of 245/45R19 (front) and 265/35R19 (rear) on the 19x9 and 19x9.5 wheels.

Since posting I've run through a few tire/wheel comparison calculators and it looks like the change is very minimal and should be fine. All the calculators have shown that there should be no issue / it's a very minimal change or difference, even with running the 20x9 in the rear. So not what I was expecting, but it should be fine. As long as I get compensated in some way, I'll still be happy with what I have.
Gotcha. For your fronts, try to pick a 20" tire sizes within the green zone of the first image. For your rears, the second image. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts