Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a car with the stone colored leather which is lite colored. Yesterday I sat in it with a dark brown leather jacket, now the seat is stained dark brown. I have tried cleaning with Lexol and McGuire's leather cleaner without satisfactory results. Does anyone have any tips how to clean this?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I saw on a tv show, that a trick to clean stain on leather, was to use a make up remover product. Since leather is like skin it shouldn't arm it. Give it a try on an small hidden place before.

Also you could go to a place were they restore furnitures

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I'm sure you invested in the Fabric and Paint protection service your finance manager recommended, right?

I don't ordinarily push people to buy stuff like that from Finance. And as a consumer, I view it as a bit over-priced. But today I sold a Venetian Ruby / Wheat hybrid to a female customer who I know likes to wear fancy jeans. I made sure to let her know I thought it would be a smart idea.

Either that or treat your leather yourself the minute you get it home, and probably a few more times over the first few months.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I use Zaino Leather cleaner and Zaino Leather in a bottle. Great stuff

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I use Zaino Leather cleaner and Zaino Leather in a bottle. Great stuff
Have u used it before on other cars? I just got the Z-10 and absolutely love the smell it emits! I want to know though if it definitely doesits job as a leather conditioner!

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have used it for years and is great stuff. I like the conditioner better than the cleaner though

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I have used it for years and is great stuff. I like the conditioner better than the cleaner though
Good to know! I didnt buy the cleaner since I still have a lot of the lexol cleaner but just couldnt stand the smell of the lexol conditioner so I researched a bit and found Zaino Z-10! Glad I made the right decision! :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I used the Zaino Z-10 for couple of months now. At first, I thought the smell was way too strong for me. The smell is very different from other leather conditioner. I didn't like it at first. After a week and got used to the smell, I like it. Now, the smell is a non-issue for me. The quality is top notch. It make the leather look and feel good to touch. I like it felt non-sticky and yet when you sat on the seat it felt planned (no sliding). Make sure to apply just a small potion to a microfiber towel. You don't need to use too much off it.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I used the Zaino Z-10 for couple of months now. At first, I thought the smell was way too strong for me. The smell is very different from other leather conditioner. I didn't like it at first. After a week and got used to the smell, I like it. Now, the smell is a non-issue for me. The quality is top notch. It make the leather look and feel good to touch. I like it felt non-sticky and yet when you sat on the seat it felt planned (no sliding). Make sure to apply just a small potion to a microfiber towel. You don't need to use too much off it.
Really? I was actually addicted to the smell the minute I got a wiff of it! I want to use it as my lotion! Hahaha jk! :p

On a serious note though, I did find that it wasnt as sticky as my lexol conditioner which I liked! Good to hear that it seems like I made a good choice then! Especially since I bought 3 at once! Hehe!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I guess different people smell thing differently. My wife have no issue with the smell at first, also. She say she like it.
If you don't like it, you can always sell it to me :)
I'm definitely buying another one when I used up my current bottle.

Really? I was actually addicted to the smell the minute I got a wiff of it! I want to use it as my lotion! Hahaha jk! :p

On a serious note though, I did find that it wasnt as sticky as my lexol conditioner which I liked! Good to hear that it seems like I made a good choice then! Especially since I bought 3 at once! Hehe!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well I'd love to buy the Zaino, but as far as I can see they only sell their products online through their poor designed website and there is no option to ship to Puerto Rico. Anyone have any idea how may I get at least one bottle of Z-10? My actual Leather conditioner is almost ending so I need one ASAP. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I guess different people smell thing differently. My wife have no issue with the smell at first, also. She say she like it.
If you don't like it, you can always sell it to me :)
I'm definitely buying another one when I used up my current bottle.
Nah! I actually love it man! Like I said, I am addicted to the smell! Just gave the wifey a bottle for her camry and I have 2 more! :D

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Well I'd love to buy the Zaino, but as far as I can see they only sell their products online through their poor designed website and there is no option to ship to Puerto Rico. Anyone have any idea how may I get at least one bottle of Z-10? My actual Leather conditioner is almost ending so I need one ASAP. Thanks.
Maybe try giving them a call or contacting them thru email! Im sure they will have an option to ship them to u!

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Im surprised the leather cleaner didn't get it off

What tools and techniques are you using to clean it off?

Instead of buying all the leather cleaners in the world just try mixing woolite laundry detergent with some water and go at it with a light brush and microfiber cloth. It SHOULD come off. From my experience it always has.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just ordered the z-10 because I have the stone seats and they are starting to fade from my jeans, but has anyone tried the tire polish from Zaino? Im tired of slinging armorall everywhere after a car wash.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Connolly hide care is a name that I've seen lately in several auto detailing forums. They deal with very high-end leathers.

Haven't tried them myself, but I did just order this "kit" that is on sale on autogeek.net

Connolly (Hide Food) Hide Care Leather Kit, Connolly Hide Food Leather Kit, Connolly Leather Kit.

Autogeek also has a good article on leather cleaning that lists many of the tools and products that they recommend for cleaning and conditioning leather.

Leather Cleaning and Care: clean and condition leather seats with premium leather care products. leather care, leather cleaner, auto leather cleaner,

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just thought I would update you guys I got the zaino z9 and z10 seats look pretty much brand new again, sorry for the pic quality, they were taken in the garage with my note 2

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

Reactions: InfinitiPlusOne
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.