Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Info on the new Ford GT 500 Mustang. 760 HP 5.2 L supercharged with 625 tq.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/michigan/articles/2019-08-05/ford-shows-most-powerful-street-legal-mustang-with-760-hp

What I found more interesting was the Corvette info in the artical:

"The Shelby GT500 can go from zero to 60 miles per hour (97 kilometers per hour) in around 3.5 seconds, although Ford didn't release a precise number. That's slightly slower than the mid-engine 2020 Chevrolet Corvette, which General Motors says will do it in under three seconds."

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
brag rights

Info on the new Ford GT 500 Mustang. 760 HP 5.2 L supercharged with 625 tq.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/michigan/articles/2019-08-05/ford-shows-most-powerful-street-legal-mustang-with-760-hp

What I found more interesting was the Corvette info in the artical:

"The Shelby GT500 can go from zero to 60 miles per hour (97 kilometers per hour) in around 3.5 seconds, although Ford didn't release a precise number. That's slightly slower than the mid-engine 2020 Chevrolet Corvette, which General Motors says will do it in under three seconds."
I can't wait to see the mid-engine Vette on the road. One of my neighbors bought a 17 Stingray this year so that he could be put on the wait list for the mid-engine model. I guess if a guy has the cash to do stuff like that, you can expect him to brag about it to everyone.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Tough call. Im getting pretty close to that in my Mustang, and I have slightly less torque, and non race tires. I suspect the GT500 will be able to pull it off.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That car and the new Corvettes are absolutely gorgeous!

·
Registered
622 Posts
The Corvette always has been a absolutely amazing car. The biggest bank for the buck by miles. The Mustang has made a incredible turnaround. It is no longer simply a child’s toy.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
edit...I stand corrected,go go a10 autos
https://youtu.be/xJXZMopMdY8
Yes, a stock GT off the showroom will be under 4 seconds. I have much bigger meats all around, and 300 more hp/tq, so yes, mid 3's without working too hard isnt tough. I bet all out race rubber would do it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I've seen the new Vette on the road and honestly, I'm not a fan yet. Tail end is not a good looking design and overall the car was no where near as hot at the current C7. Could be that it was in silver but.....time may change my mind.

·
Registered
622 Posts
The regular C7 is ugly.....the rear is terrible. At least the C8 fixed the front end.
Reminds me of the guy who couldn’t get a date with the prom queen. Saying she’s ugly anyway.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Reminds me of the guy who couldn’t get a date with the prom queen. Saying she’s ugly anyway.
I could walk into a dealership and pay cash for 1 today.....but wouldn't. It IS ugly and the C8 IS a better looking car.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I could walk into a dealership and pay cash for 1 today.....but wouldn't. It IS ugly and the C8 IS a better looking car.
I know and you’re also a movie star and a rock star with mansions all over the world.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I know and you’re also a movie star and a rock star with mansions all over the world.
Na, I much prefer to not to be known. You must own a C7 or have a poster on your wall that caused your panties to get all bunched. The C6 was so much better looking than the C7, especially the Z06. The C7 Z06 is ok, but the rearend is still ugly. The C8 has a better front AND rear.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, NBD, let's not get into class envy. There is enough polarization in the country already! "Can't we all just get along?" 😉
Or, is this the banned topic of politics? 🤔

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm not sure why someone got all salty because I said the C7 is ugly. It's my opinion.
Relax I believe you could buy several Corvettes cash. I really do.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Relax I believe you could buy several Corvettes cash. I really do.
Weird, I don't recall saying several, but whatever helps you through the day. Perhaps you'd like to contribute on here instead of being a tool or is that you MO?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Weird, I don't recall saying several, but whatever helps you through the day. Perhaps you'd like to contribute on here instead of being a tool or is that you MO?
Again relax. I believe you. I really do.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts