Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Q50 3 1/2 years old. Need to replace the battery. What are you using as a replacement? Are you going to a dealership or 3rd party replacement?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Don’t go to a dealership. They’ll rob you blind. Any big box auto parts retailer carries reasonably-priced batteries more than able to do the job.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Do what Poppyboy said and buy a 80D23L battery or equivalent for the 2015 Q50.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
2015 Q50 3 1/2 years old. Need to replace the battery. What are you using as a replacement? Are you going to a dealership or 3rd party replacement?
Lithium FTW!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Mine died also but I had a month of warranty left and they replaced it, should't these last longer than 3 to 4 years?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Mine died also but I had a month of warranty left and they replaced it, should't these last longer than 3 to 4 years?
Four years may be a little early. Maybe. There is plenty of "build variation". Six years and you are pushing your luck. Depends on the weather and duty cycle. Heat is the killer.

·
Registered
212 Posts
FTW = For the win

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I wish the younger set would realize that there are a lot of people who do not text acronyms and have no idea what they are saying. I even tried looking up what "FTW" means, and was unsuccessful.:(
I knew what "FTW" means and I'm as old as you but I've been exposed to the gamer lingo for years from my gaming clan days.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Same as you, my 2015 oem battery died a month ago. After looking and comparing I looked in advance auto parts and bought the auto craft agm version which is 199.99 and got a coupon on retail me not combined with speed perks coupon and paid 119.99 + core. Fitted perfectly like a glove, even the sorrounding pad of the OEM fitted nicely on this one. Nice warranty and plenty of power. The start up sound is strong compared to the old one.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I knew what "FTW" means and I'm as old as you but I've been exposed to the gamer lingo for years from my gaming clan days.

Wow, you ARE old! LOL

We've broached this subject before. My point is that if people want all others to understand a post, then it should be written so that all can understand what's being written - and that includes spelling, grammar, syntax, punctuation, etc. Otherwise, it's just a writing exercise.

As far as what battery to get, hybrid owners need to be reminded that the glass-mat battery is necessary.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I wish the younger set would realize that there are a lot of people who do not text acronyms and have no idea what they are saying. I even tried looking up what "FTW" means, and was unsuccessful.:(
I just turned 50...how old are you?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
74 - and grateful that I was taught, oh so long ago, to be as clear as possible when communicating with others. >:D
Are you trying to insinuate something?

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Are you trying to insinuate something?

I'm not insinuating anything. As I said, we've covered the topic of being as clear as possible a while ago. I consider it a waste of time if I were to write something that people couldn't understand. Should I consider the education level of the people reading my writing? Of course, and I consider the people on this forum to be educated. However, not everyone texts or uses a lot of texting acronyms. I do keep that in mind when I post. If I were to read posts from a gaming convention, or a blog where the vast majority of readers were under 30, I wouldn't criticize the use of such acronyms - it would be expected to have them in the writings. Just consider the audience.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I'm not insinuating anything. As I said, we've covered the topic of being as clear as possible a while ago. I consider it a waste of time if I were to write something that people couldn't understand. Should I consider the education level of the people reading my writing? Of course, and I consider the people on this forum to be educated. However, not everyone texts or uses a lot of texting acronyms. I do keep that in mind when I post. If I were to read posts from a gaming convention, or a blog where the vast majority of readers were under 30, I wouldn't criticize the use of such acronyms - it would be expected to have them in the writings. Just consider the audience.
ROTFL...

I was testing your mettle.

Thanks for playing....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts