Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I had an Optima in my Subaru. Only advantages I noticed were the terminals stayed clean and I didn't have to add water. It didn't really perform any better in my opinion than the OEM lead acid battery as they both spun the motor slow when it got cold out. The Optima lasted longer too, so I guess it was an OK investment at the time. Just my observations.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Im in the same boat now, my 2015S is needing a battery. Im not sure if my charging system will accept an AGM battery. They have different charging requirements than a lead acid, they like it slow and low. Unless the charging system is made for it, it will have reduced life. I wont do optima, Ive never had good luck with them. Every single one has lasted less than a year, even ones on a shelf, and they are touted as having a huge shelf life. So done with those. As mentioned on another thread Im considering either braille or just an OEM, it seemed to be fine for 6 years and the price is right...

·
Registered
900 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
As long as the battery has the correct cranking amps the the car is calling for you should be fine for 3 to 4 years. Yes there is a difference between a 49.99 2 year warranty and the 200.00 AGM ( absorbed glass mat battery ). AGM batteries have less failures have a better warranty but are generally much , much heavier. I have used Optima , NAPA , NorthStar and Odyssey. I have had good luck with each in different applications. Putting and AGM battery in place of a lead acid battery is no issue.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Your car really should support AGM charging. Just because it physically fits, doesnt mean itll work as well. AGM batteries have different charging requirements than flooded

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
41 - 47 of 47 Posts