Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Any other RWD untuned Q50/Q60 going 4.2 or faster? I think it's about tapped out due to not having launch control. Not being able to leave in boost is hampering getting out of the hole. Still not too shabby for the DD at 16 psi.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was able to get a 4.55 with just the jb4 and a HE. Curious how much more an FI exhaust would give....?
Did you see my post in the other thread? Can check my mods and compare.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,876 Posts
I was able to get a 4.55 with just the jb4 and a HE. Curious how much more an FI exhaust would give....?
A CBE and LDPs will possibly shave a couple tenths off that.

Reactions: GuyManDude

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A CBE and LDPs will possibly shave a couple tenths off that.
I doubt that by itself would drop a couple of tenths. Maybe with some weight reduction as well.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,876 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, maybe a tenth then?
Possibly. I found this interesting. 65hp difference but 900lb different and they ran they same 0-60. Gives us an idea how important weight is vs. power.

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
Possibly. I found this interesting. 65hp difference but 900lb different and they ran they same 0-60. Gives us an idea how important weight is vs. power.
interesting.

But, youd need back to back to back runs to extrapolate a hp equivalent for every xx pounds.

I just used one for a 4000 pound car at 400bhp and it came up with about 10hp at the flywheel per 100#.

It all depends on the starting weight and hp.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
interesting.

But, youd need back to back to back runs to extrapolate a hp equivalent for every xx pounds.

I just used one for a 4000 pound car at 400bhp and it came up with about 10hp at the flywheel per 100#.

It all depends on the starting weight and hp.

There are tons of calculators out there, and that one is for 60ft and 1/8 or 1/4 mile not 0-60 as I'm sure you're aware. There isn't a direct correlation because traction and power curves vary. The point of my link was that simply adding power doesn't just equal a better 0-60 time because it matters where the power increase occurs as well as traction.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
With my AWD with both front and rear LSD's I get a lot of wheel spin when using launch control. Road surface and airing down to 25 PSI (maybe less) would make a big difference in my attempts to get to 4 seconds or less.

I also lost some low end torque to gain my >5K gains with my Pure stage 2 turbos.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
245/45/17 drag radials.
With my AWD with both front and rear LSD's I get a lot of wheel spin when using launch control. Road surface and airing down to 25 PSI (maybe less) would make a big difference in my attempts to get to 4 seconds or less.

I also lost some low end torque to gain my >5K gains with my Pure stage 2 turbos.
What's your best 0-60 so far?

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
You better get that thing down! Don't have an untuned RWD car coming after you ;)
That's with a spair tire, jack etc. + a gallon of H2O, fire extinguisher + 1/2 tank of gas + me at 260 lbs.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's with a spair tire, jack etc. + a gallon of H2O, fire extinguisher + 1/2 tank of gas + me at 260 lbs.
I'm just teasing. I don't have any real weight reduction. I was at 3/4 of a tank. Obviously from a roll your setup would just walk away from me.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I made a FB post to see if anyone else that is RWD and untuned had similar times or faster. A) It's obvious most people posting in those groups can't read. I was getting both tuned and AWD times.....B) Everyone who actually could comprehend what I posted confirmed they haven't seen anyone go faster. I'm sure there has to be someone out there, but its neat that maybe my 0-60 is near or at the top of the list for a RWD untuned car.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,876 Posts
I made a FB post to see if anyone else that is RWD and untuned had similar times or faster. A) It's obvious most people posting in those groups can't read. I was getting both tuned and AWD times.....B) Everyone who actually could comprehend what I posted confirmed they haven't seen anyone go faster. I'm sure there has to be someone out there, but its neat that maybe my 0-60 is near or at the top of the list for a RWD untuned car.
The few times I've spent reading posts on the Q50 FB group convinced me that it isn't the most enlightened group of people I've seen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.