Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the volume refused to work until I shut the car off and restarted it. It loaded all the music, but then I couldn't adjust the volume. Switching between sources didn't help.

This is starting to really irritate me.

Add that to:

1) Occasional black screen of death

2) Bluetooth calls acting wonky

Etc etc.

GRRRRRR.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had the volume thing happen to me a week or two ago. Could not adjust the volume using the knob or by using the steering wheel buttons.

Ended up doing a restart of Intouch (holding down volume button) and everything worked perfectly fine again. I have not had it happen to me again.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Today the volume refused to work until I shut the car off and restarted it. It loaded all the music, but then I couldn't adjust the volume. Switching between sources didn't help.

This is starting to really irritate me.

Add that to:

1) Occasional black screen of death

2) Bluetooth calls acting wonky

Etc etc.

GRRRRRR.
I had the volume thing happen to me a week or two ago. Could not adjust the volume using the knob or by using the steering wheel buttons.

Ended up doing a restart of Intouch (holding down volume button) and everything worked perfectly fine again. I have not had it happen to me again.
:confused:
Sorry to see you guys have issue but may it's caused by you not waiting for the all apps being loaded, try to wait till (30 secs only) you see software loading message disappears.

I have had my Q50 since Sept 2013 and never had one issue because I do not fiddle with any buttons till all software is loaded. TRY this. You may get lucky like me. Recent updates load faster and I can backup & drive off after I start but I don't do any thing in Intouch (bottom screen) till all apps & software loading message disappear.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've also had this happen once or twice in the 6 months that I've had my Q50, and I also restarted InTouch by holding down the power/volume button and that always resolved the problem. However, I haven't had this happen again since I had the InTouch software updates done by the dealer about a month ago. I'm not sure if the updates resolved the problem or if it's just a coincidence that it hasn't happened since the updates but either way I haven't had it happen since the updates were done.

I also had something similar to this happen a few times on my previous G37x Sedan during the 3 years that I had it under lease. Basically the car would start up fine but the screen would be completely black and the only way to get it to come back was to turn off the ignition and start it back up again. It was weird.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have had this happen as well. I was at the dealer today getting my DAS recall update and mentioned it to the service manager. He said they are aware of the problem, so hopefully it will be something fixed in the, if ever get one, update. He also gave me the exact boot time, which I never bothered to time. 70 seconds, ouch.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have had this happen as well. I was at the dealer today getting my DAS recall update and mentioned it to the service manager. He said they are aware of the problem, so hopefully it will be something fixed in the, if ever get one, update. He also gave me the exact boot time, which I never bothered to time. 70 seconds, ouch.
boot time is about 30 seconds with latest updates.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Q50, built by microsoft?
LOL, it might even be worse. :eek:

My boot time I think is around 30 seconds to. Not 70.

But things like the radio and climate control work after a few seconds, BT is synced after 5-6 seconds, which is really what I care about.

Since there aren't really any apps for InTouch, I really don't do much with it anyway *shrugs*.
I guess if there were more apps or stuff to do with it, I would be slightly more irritated.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wonder when everyone that is stating 30 seconds is starting the timer. From pressing start to app loading complete was 70 seconds on the loner I had today and 62 seconds on my car with the latest update.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Kingpcgeek, your right for that loading app msg.
It is about 70 seconds.
Now it makes me wonder what the heck it's actually loading since there are no apps. :eek:

I guess I always assumed it was 30 seconds or so since that is when you can pull up the radio or climate on the bottom screen.
But yup, it's says its still loading stuff even after that.

Quick get VBX on the horn, I want to return my car!
No I'm kidding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.