Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently heard that Infiniti has plans to vastly improve the inTouch system hardware with the release of the 2015 model year Q50 later this year. AND that the actual smartphone App we have all been waiting for, allowing Apps such as Facebook to work, will not be available until then. Can anyone who works at a dealership confirm?

Obviously my concern is for all of us who already own a 2014 and whether or not Infinti will be able to upgrade our hardware. Admittedly I dont know much about the actual internal technology but I'm assuming it's not as easy as a software update :/

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have recently heard that Infiniti has plans to vastly improve the inTouch system hardware with the release of the 2015 model year Q50 later this year. AND that the actual smartphone App we have all been waiting for, allowing Apps such as Facebook to work, will not be available until then. Can anyone who works at a dealership confirm?

Obviously my concern is for all of us who already own a 2014 and whether or not Infinti will be able to upgrade our hardware. Admittedly I dont know much about the actual internal technology but I'm assuming it's not as easy as a software update :/
Sources, please.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My cousin works at a Nissan dealership and they were talking about it with an Infiniti rep on the weekend. Not sure of that particular Infiniti reps credentials, as I was not there personally, hence why I posted on here.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Yeah it would make sense that they run a better version of Android and put a real processor behind it for Intouch. Most current smartphones blow the existing CPU out of the water. I can see a bunch of Intouch recalls getting reverse upgrades if this happens also. Pure speculation though.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
If they wanted a sure fire way to tick off a bunch of owners, that would be it. The only way to not do so is to do a voluntary recall of all of the MY14 Q50s. That would be downright expensive though. Now, I am not saying that they won't make improvements for MY15 but I don't see them making those improvements a prerequisite for InTouch functioning as advertised in the MY14 Q50s.

Reactions: maddsiick

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If they wanted a sure fire way to tick off a bunch of owners, that would be it. The only way to not do so is to do a voluntary recall of all of the MY14 Q50s. That would be downright expensive though. Now, I am not saying that they won't make improvements for MY15 but I don't see them making those improvements a prerequisite for InTouch functioning as advertised in the MY14 Q50s.
For longevity sense, it would be worse for them to not upgrade it.

That's life in the fastlane with cars though.
Things are always getting upgraded.

·
Registered
410 Posts

All-in-all just disappointing. My brother, who works for GM, always told me never to purchase a new vehicle in its first year of production and I didn't listen. I guess was too excited about getting rid of my 2012 G37xS after having the same model/style for 4 years. Now I regret every bit of it.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
All-in-all just disappointing. My brother, who works for GM, always told me never to purchase a new vehicle in its first year of production and I didn't listen. I guess was too excited about getting rid of my 2012 G37xS after having the same model/style for 4 years. Now I regret every bit of it.
You let go of a shining star and traded it for a dud :(

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I think in terms of InTouch your jumping the gun untl the next software update comes out.

It's never going to come up in 1 second, but it looks like there are some design issue's that could be dealt with to improve the system.
You know, asssuming they get us an update even. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I feel that way. I should of kept my g coupe.
I've had a 2013 Infiniti G37 loaner for the past 3 weeks until my car finishes up in another 3 weeks.. Even though it doesn't have navigation.. I miss the feeling of the steering wheel responding and the gas pedal feeling.... ahh the good old days.. My wife complains why I always like driving her car around lol..

Reactions: vbx

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
VBX and Decade Infiniti.
They still sell the G37.
Maybe you can go get one before they rename it.

It's 4K cheaper than a Q50.
So what ever whipe you take on your Q50 should still get you into a G37.

Then you can go be happy with life.
And in your case VBX stop trolling on a daily basis.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Agreed. This would definitely piss off a lot of current owners, me included. :mad:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am flawed they based this system off of Android 2.3 which is a few years outdated. Hopefully the software update is a full re-write to a newer version of Android. Hopefully at least Android 4.2 and ideally 4.4. Also, I'm curious as to which Intel processor we have and the specs on it.?

·
Registered
410 Posts
VBX and Decade Infiniti.
They still sell the G37.
Maybe you can go get one before they rename it.

It's 4K cheaper than a Q50.
So what ever whipe you take on your Q50 should still get you into a G37.

Then you can go be happy with life.
And in your case VBX stop trolling on a daily basis.
Andrew - I don't think you get it.. It's not a matter of going back to a previous car.. It's a matter of buying a 56K car and expecting it to work.. I mean come on already.. You don't release a car half baked because you're last car was in the market for 7 years and your competitors are releasing their new versions and so you have to rush to release it.. Let's be real here.. Even their telematics wireless transmitter is on 2G technology which is pretty much a EDGE network you have on your phone. Meanwhile every other brand is moving towards 4G in their cars.

When you pay that kind of price on a car you want the darn thing to work not look for excuses oh Infiniti is coming along or they'll release a software upgrade to make it faster. No matter how many software releases you have, the end of the day if the hardware doesn't support it, it won't work. Hence why when windows releases new windows, there's a minimum requirement that the computer hardware is suppose to support.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I've had a 2013 Infiniti G37 loaner for the past 3 weeks until my car finishes up in another 3 weeks.. Even though it doesn't have navigation.. I miss the feeling of the steering wheel responding and the gas pedal feeling.... ahh the good old days.. My wife complains why I always like driving her car around lol..
My bad Decade Infiniti.
I was refering to this post.
Not InTouch.

If you like the G37 better, they are still for sale. ;)

Maybe you should have spent more time test driving a Q50.
Or read all the reviews about how it's not quite like a G37.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.