Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my Q50 S hybrid yesterday. Awesome performance. In Touch has not locked up yet, but have noticed slow loading of apps and the map at times.
The ambient light pack is nicer than I thought, especially with the illuminated kick plate ant under car lighting.

Blk obs

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
CONGRATS!!! I'm so glad your Q50 finally showed up!! Looks great! Does Ryan miss me??

BTW, if you leased, you may just want to make sure Ryan/Joe sent in the right paperwork for your tags/title. I went to pick up my tags today and they had mailed an actual/original title and wrong paperwork. Thankfully I brought all my paperwork so they just copied my lease pages.

Yeah, it scared me to death at first because she initially told me that I owed about $4,000 in sales tax!!! Ha

Congrats once again!! Keep us posted on your driving experience.

BTW, it will always take about 30 seconds to load the apps. Heck, might actually increase in load time when we get to load apps like Facebook and Pandora.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny you asked about title and tag documentation. Ryan called me today and said that Joe messed up the paperwork, so he emailed me the right papers. Also, Ryan actually has mentioned you. He said you were a very cool client.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Sweet! Looks great - enjoy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting note
I got a text today from my wife while I was driving and a message came up asking me if I wanted to check it. When I selected the text, it read it aloud. I have a blackberry Z10, so the feature works for my blackberry. I know some of the iPhone users said it didn't work for them. Just thought I would add this observation.

Blk obs

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
That's not a driveway! You need to remove those hybrid logos asap! So glad I removed mine, it looks so much cleaner.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Interesting note
I got a text today from my wife while I was driving and a message came up asking me if I wanted to check it. When I selected the text, it read it aloud. I have a blackberry Z10, so the feature works for my blackberry. I know some of the iPhone users said it didn't work for them. Just thought I would add this observation.

Blk obs
It will read text messages for iPhone but not write text messages like an Android can. In order to get the iPhone to read the messages we have to set up notification on our phone and most of us were unaware of that. Gotta love the knowledge on this forum!!

Funny you asked about title and tag documentation. Ryan called me today and said that Joe messed up the paperwork, so he emailed me the right papers. Also, Ryan actually has mentioned you. He said you were a very cool client.
Ohhh that was sweet of Ryan!! He's a nice guy! Ohhh funny about Ryan calling you about the paperwork! Was it after 3:20pm? That is when I texted Ryan and told him about the problem. I never heard back so wasn't sure he even got it! Ha

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Awesome! My car has another twin! You should debadge the hybrid logos, it looks so much cleaner without them! Great looking car!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Q50Aggie, was it easy to remove the hybrid logo? Did you do it yourself. Btw didn't you know that I lived at an infiniti dealership.:)

Blk obs

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Hey Q50Aggie, was it easy to remove the hybrid logo? Did you do it yourself. Btw didn't you know that I lived at an infiniti dealership.:)

Blk obs
Cut a long piece of fishing line then slice them off, letter by letter. Then use automotive goo gone or similar product and a microfiber towel. It will take about 45 minutes for both sides. Hard part is getting all the residue off.

·
Registered
150 Posts
IChick how do you set up the notification from the iPhone? Also how the heck do you do the automatic high beam??

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Congrats on the new ride man! :)

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
IChick how do you set up the notification from the iPhone? Also how the heck do you do the automatic high beam??
On your iPhone, go to:
Settings
BlueTooth
Click the blue ">" next to "MyCar"
Turn ON "Show Notifications

You don't even have to have your iPhone plugged in via USB. It uses Bluetooth (obviously).

As far as the high beams, that is easy as well. Make sure your headlight "knob" on the column is set to "auto". If your Q50 has Advanced High Beams it will perform automatically if you are going above 22 mph. It's pretty cool!!

Here is a link that has lots of great videos to walk you through things! I've pasted the URL to the page listing the headlights.
EQRG - Select Topics

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Registered
150 Posts
On your iPhone, go to:
Settings
BlueTooth

You don't even have to have your iPhone plugged in via USB. It uses Bluetooth (obviously).

As far as the high beams, that is easy as well. Make sure your headlight "knob" on the column is set to "auto". If your Q50 has Advanced High Beams it will perform automatically if you are going above 22 mph. It's pretty cool!!

Here is a link that has lots of great videos to walk you through things! I've pasted the URL to the page listing the headlights.
EQRG - Select Topics
Well it should right? I have the technology package. Unless Its hybrid only ...?

And thanks!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Awesome! My car has another twin! You should debadge the hybrid logos, it looks so much cleaner without them! Great looking car!
I'm leaving "HYBRID" on. Though I would have liked it to look more stylish, I like the idea of being next to a BMW snob, and having him know that he is slower than a hybrid.:D

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
On your iPhone, go to:
Settings
BlueTooth

EQRG - Select Topics
You also have to have the stalk positioned in the hi-beam setting (pushed forward) correct?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.