Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

461 - 468 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
So as a point of clarification, does this exhaust work on the 3.0 T and the 3.7L engine for the Q50?

Tony

This kit works on the 2.0 engine, the 3.0 engine, and the 3.7 engine. For the Q50’s, from the axle back, the fitment is all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the quick response, I'm new to the 3.0T coming from a G37 that got rear ended and totaled. Just looking for that balance between right sound and look for the best price point without leaping into a FI system. I am reading a lot of posts on the Forum, yet feel no closer to making a decision on an exhaust. I had a Top Speed Pro 1 system on the G that sounded sweet with that motor, but the 3.0 T is a different sounding beast.

Tony

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Resurrecting this thread as I am very interested in seeing who has installed the NISMO exhaust and what your thoughts are. Apparently, there is no dyno data on this unit unless someone has had their car dyno'd. For those that don't recall my prior posts, my 2019 RS is my wife's. Not going to do a tune of any sort but I do like to enhance performance in more subtle ways like a nicer sounding freer flowing exhaust. I really like the FI CBE but I can save almost $700 by going with the NISMO...will my wife really even notice??? Primarily looking for aesthetics, sound and a slight bump in exhaust performance. Folks have stated the NISMO has no drone and I have heard clips but they never sound the same in person.

Anyone willing to chime in that has one or has had experience with this unit? Would you buy it again? Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Resurrecting this thread as I am very interested in seeing who has installed the NISMO exhaust and what your thoughts are. Apparently, there is no dyno data on this unit unless someone has had their car dyno'd. For those that don't recall my prior posts, my 2019 RS is my wife's. Not going to do a tune of any sort but I do like to enhance performance in more subtle ways like a nicer sounding freer flowing exhaust. I really like the FI CBE but I can save almost $700 by going with the NISMO...will my wife really even notice??? Primarily looking for aesthetics, sound and a slight bump in exhaust performance. Folks have stated the NISMO has no drone and I have heard clips but they never sound the same in person.

Anyone willing to chime in that has one or has had experience with this unit? Would you buy it again? Thanks!
Well, I bought these and can confirm the no drone part, however mine is a 2015 so different engine. This won't improve performance, maybe in a very minimalistic way, keep in mind these are only the axle backs, so most of the OEM exhaust restrictions are still in the mid/ Y pipe.

·
Registered
108 Posts

securityguy,

I've had the resonated Infiniti Sport exhaust (Helmholtz) on my Q60 since June of last year. There is not any drone whatsoever. I really like the sound, sounds like the car should have from the factory. I would agree with others that there really isn't any performance gain however you are dropping a few pounds.

Here are a few videos with no mods except the axle back.
Warm Start https://youtu.be/Aaa7tjb-H3Q

Revs https://youtu.be/QQizENhqYrc
Take Off https://youtu.be/k1iw5gtfvZ4

Fly By https://youtu.be/zfEYGFn4L08

Attached are a couple pictures of my fitment. They stick out a little further than stock as I wanted to see the Infiniti logo on the tips.
Hope this helps...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I have heard his car.. sounds sweet. If ALL you are after is a better sound and are not planning on maximum HP gains..go for it.
The 2 reasons I went with FI were 1) best (or close to the best) performance gains. and 2) the mellow sound with full downpipes.
Many exhaust systems with full downpipes are loud. Axle back is sound and weight only. The big culprit are the secondary cats.

Once @Avedis53 swaps out his secondary cats for LDPs he will find out 😉LMAO. He's all set with the resonated X-pipe so it won't be loud and can reap the performance gains the entire "system" offers.
A slight modification of his map may be justified at that point.

461 - 468 of 468 Posts