Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys new member for aus, this is my new to me 2014 2.0t with only 28,000kms
pure q50 from insta really got me looking at these cars, as i had never seen one
i plan to bag, wheels and do some interior work. and some power mods.
i have a few questions
im wondering where is a good start to find aftermarket parts for these?
do any other cat back exhaust bolt up to the 2.0 system (are the hanger the same?)
is there a grill without the badge?

Reactions: Duriisimo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey man, welcome to the 2.0t club as there arnt many of us.
For exterior parts cheapest and best best would be ebay.
For coilovers/spring best bet is a reputable site like z1motorsports or conceptZ.
For rims, I suggest looking locally for used ones as they are much much cheaper.
For performance, same as for coilovers.

I have tuned my 2.0t with a AEM cold air intake and muffle delete, think its around 260 ish HP, going to do DP soon with stage 2 tune and bring it up to about 280 ish.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks im abit worried about ebay parts for fitment as i want to build a local car show worthy car yet keep it dayliable hahaha
is the aem CAI worth it? i would like to move the intake away from the engine to avoid heat soak,
how did you tune it piggy back ecu? or can you tune the stock ecu? (i come from toyotas where the factory ecu is blocked)
most trouble im having is all the parts are in america and shipping is stupid expensive to aus

·
Registered
25 Posts
thanks im abit worried about ebay parts for fitment as i want to build a local car show worthy car yet keep it dayliable hahaha
is the aem CAI worth it? i would like to move the intake away from the engine to avoid heat soak,
how did you tune it piggy back ecu? or can you tune the stock ecu? (i come from toyotas where the factory ecu is blocked)
most trouble im having is all the parts are in america and shipping is stupid expensive to aus
Pipes are pipes, if you are doing engine related then yes don't cheap out but a down pipe is literally a pipe. Beside that your option is stone exhaust labs, which is $1000 cad for the down pipe.
If you arnt tuning then a intake doesn't do much (+/- 5hp). The AEM one connect to a tub that collect air from the front mesh. No I didn't piggy back, I did egale eye tuning in Canada, but itvoid your warranty.

Yep same I feel you, I live in Canada and its aids on shipping.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks ill look into eagle eye, im not looking for huge power just more then stock haha
i dont have warranty so that doesnt matter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys
Maaz from Chicago Illinois just joined
You can follow my car page Instagram @thic_q50s
Have done a few mods to my car
Tune/ exhaust
Dipped wheels
Lip and diffuser

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
932 Posts
Hi and welcome! Where are you located in Australia?

My best tune: I went with KW V3 coilovers and am totally satisfied with them. Expensive but worth it.

I'm not sure wether there's a grill without logo. If you don't like the chrome badge on the grill: paint it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi and welcome! Where are you located in Australia?

My best tune: I went with KW V3 coilovers and am totally satisfied with them. Expensive but worth it.

I'm not sure wether there's a grill without logo. If you don't like the chrome badge on the grill: paint it!
View attachment 100581
im from south australia, so far i went with airlift bags and im making my own grill with no badge, has taken over a month working on it off and on. im not a fan of the emblem paint personally.

Reactions: DeeCee

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

so far how its sitting krotov duck bill, blitz diffuser, amazon bumper turn signals, and sports lip.
i have weds kranze vinshus waiting to be built and a custom grill in the works

·
Registered
29 Posts
Since you’re in Australia, it might be cheaper to source mods from Japan directly.
These guys seem to be a good source. They’ve got at least one guy I know of that lives in Japan. I haven’t gotten anything from them yet, but I have a list of odd-ball things that I plan to reach to them for. The website seems to be geared towards their repair business, but they import vehicles and parts as well.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
932 Posts
im from south australia, so far i went with airlift bags and im making my own grill with no badge, has taken over a month working on it off and on. im not a fan of the emblem paint personally.
We have friends in Adelaide, been there three years ago (drove the GOR from Melbourne). Nice region – we'll be back!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since you’re in Australia, it might be cheaper to source mods from Japan directly.
These guys seem to be a good source. They’ve got at least one guy I know of that lives in Japan. I haven’t gotten anything from them yet, but I have a list of odd-ball things that I plan to reach to them for. The website seems to be geared towards their repair business, but they import vehicles and parts as well.
yeah shipping is expensive either from usa or japan. i use jesse streeter when i import from japan :) he is an aussie that moved to japan and work with most of the big companies :)
not my first rodeo haha i had a toyota crown import before this and the 1J was abit to thirsty haha

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We have friends in Adelaide, been there three years ago (drove the GOR from Melbourne). Nice region – we'll be back!
oh nice :) i havent done the GOR yet hopefully one day. hopefully everything opens up soon so travel can start again

Reactions: DeeCee
1 - 13 of 13 Posts