Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. Been watching these boards grow for a while now. Really enjoy the pics, vids and conversation. Thanks to everyone for posting!!
coming off an M, G35x and about to end my lease on a 2010g37xS

Contemplating an ATS or a Q.

Actually had a near miss with an awesome ATS lease about a month ago but they didn't have the exact color combo I wanted and I felt if I was going to 'step down' to the ATS then I wanted it to be the exact car I wanted.

Glad I waited! The Q looks really great.

Hoping to see it in the dealership in June. May even consider ordering sight unseen - something I've never done before. After 3 Infinitis with pretty stellar driving and repair experience over the past 8 or 9 years I think I may take the plunge.

Hope to contribute to the threads when I can and thanks again for all of the info so far!!

Looking forward to being a Q50 Forum member!

Jay

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Welcome to the forums man! I hope u get the car you want and im sure when u see the Q50 first hand you wont regret waiting! :D

I myself cant wait to see it in person on 6/18 @ southbay infiniti!

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Welcome to the boards!!! Stop lurkin and get postin! Lol I'm sure you will get the car tats best for u... Glad to see another long time Infiniti owner!

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
How I see it, if you want a car that's proven to be one of the best that's already known to be as good as a BMW 3-series, then the Cadillac ATS is what you should get. But seeing how you owned a few Infiniti's and probably are loyal to the brand you might just want to wait for reviews to come out so you can better decide.

Tons of information on this forum already so do some looking around here and ask questions.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How I see it, if you want a car that's proven to be one of the best that's already known to be as good as a BMW 3-series, then the Cadillac ATS is what you should get. But seeing how you owned a few Infiniti's and probably are loyal to the brand you might just want to wait for reviews to come out so you can better decide.

Tons of information on this forum already so do some looking around here and ask questions.
I may be in the minority here but I don't really care about comparisons with the BMW 3 series. I mean, they are nice cars but I really prefer to have a nice mix of power, handling and refinement that puts a smile on my face when I punch it and never let's me down when I need power.

My G is a great blend of those and my guess is that the Q will be as well.

I haven't even test driven a 3 series since I got my M35x a few years back. Don't love the looks of them anymore and the dash doesn't appeal to me so I haven't bothered.

I wouldn't say I have brand 'loyalty' as much as I trust the way Infiniti has built their cars and I know what to expect. If the Q fits that mold I'm guessing it will be my next buggy.

I have to say Cadillac broke my idea of their mold with the ATS though and that's why I was seriously considering it. Just reminded of the cramped back seat today by another member and hesitant about the trunk space.

I do know I'm excited to see the Q though!

Thanks for the welcome!

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I may be in the minority here but I don't really care about comparisons with the BMW 3 series. I mean, they are nice cars but I really prefer to have a nice mix of power, handling and refinement that puts a smile on my face when I punch it and never let's me down when I need power.

My G is a great blend of those and my guess is that the Q will be as well.

I haven't even test driven a 3 series since I got my M35x a few years back. Don't love the looks of them anymore and the dash doesn't appeal to me so I haven't bothered.

I wouldn't say I have brand 'loyalty' as much as I trust the way Infiniti has built their cars and I know what to expect. If the Q fits that mold I'm guessing it will be my next buggy.

I have to say Cadillac broke my idea of their mold with the ATS though and that's why I was seriously considering it. Just reminded of the cramped back seat today by another member and hesitant about the trunk space.

I do know I'm excited to see the Q though!

Thanks for the welcome!
and I assume the slightly more expensive Mercedes C-Class, Audi A/S4, or Lexus IS are also out of the question?

Have you taken a look at the Volvo S60 R-Design?

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't love the infotainment controls on the Audi. Unfortunately a deal beaker for me even though its a nice car.

Mercedes probably won't make the cut because of maintenance.

My wife has a Lexus and I can't stand the GPS and entertainment system. GPS graphics feel 'old' to me and, unless they've updated the iPhone interface, there is no direct access to letters or a fast scroll function. I can't stand using my iPhone in her car when it's hooked up to via USB. That being said, I don't love dash of the new IS (I know I'm in the minority here too). IF I were going to go Lexus, it would be a GS for sure. But I think the Q50 will give that a run for its money.

I may take another look at the Mercedes but not a likely candidate at this time,

I used to have an S60 and it was one of my favorite cars. I love the look of the exterior but that thin center console is not my bag. It's a shame because it definitely would be on my short list of not for that. Also, don't know how the infotainment controls work. In the old days it was a 4 way rocker on the back of the steering wheel. I'll have to see what they are doing now.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I don't love the infotainment controls on the Audi. Unfortunately a deal beaker for me even though its a nice car.

Mercedes probably won't make the cut because of maintenance.

My wife has a Lexus and I can't stand the GPS and entertainment system. GPS graphics feel 'old' to me and, unless they've updated the iPhone interface, there is no direct access to letters or a fast scroll function. I can't stand using my iPhone in her car when it's hooked up to via USB. That being said, I don't love dash of the new IS (I know I'm in the minority here too). IF I were going to go Lexus, it would be a GS for sure. But I think the Q50 will give that a run for its money.

I may take another look at the Mercedes but not a likely candidate at this time,

I used to have an S60 and it was one of my favorite cars. I love the look of the exterior but that thin center console is not my bag. It's a shame because it definitely would be on my short list of not for that. Also, don't know how the infotainment controls work. In the old days it was a 4 way rocker on the back of the steering wheel. I'll have to see what they are doing now.
I'm impressed. You seem to have taken some time to look at the competition. A lot of people seem very fixated on a certain car without even considering the competition.

I'll just say what I say to everyone--test drives are free, keep an open mind. I think if you're ever curious or having any sort of second thoughts about any preconceived notions about a car, go ahead and try it out and see what's been done recently. You never know if you may be surprised by the latest model.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's exactly what happened with the ATS!

My lease isn't up until September so I've got some time but if I go Infiniti again I'm pretty sure they'll forgive my last 3 payments (not roll them into a new lease).

I didn't want to see too many cars before the. Q comes out as I don't want to be tempted and regret leasing something before I see the Q as I'm expecting it to be superior to most everything in its class.

If the ATS was a bit bigger and they had my specs I might have jumped for that. The 2014's are coming out around the same time as the Q so I think I'll be hearing from the dealer in a month or two with another offer.

Meantime, no hurry so I'll do the rounds after I see the Q in person. . Or not ;)

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been following those boards andSaw that too (and a few of your posts I believe ;) ) Curious because GM doesn't seem to have many 'fanboys'. Most people on those boards seem to love the ATS but agree that it was about time GM came up with something that special.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My wife has a Lexus and I can't stand the GPS and entertainment system. GPS graphics feel 'old' to me and, unless they've updated the iPhone interface, there is no direct access to letters or a fast scroll function. I can't stand using my iPhone in her car when it's hooked up to via USB. That being said, I don't love dash of the new IS (I know I'm in the minority here too). IF I were going to go Lexus, it would be a GS for sure. But I think the Q50 will give that a run for its money..
Totally agreed! Thats why i was so determined to get out of Lexus. There's no comparison with Infiniti's nav system, voice command, safety (i.e. mirrors) etc in terms of functionality and user-friendliness. Lexus might have more new stuff with IS, but obviously technology is NOT their priority and it will take quite a while b4 they catch up on the quality of what Q50 can offer.

An off topic q, since u have iPhone. Q50 will synch w/ google calendar, not the one in iCloud, which I use daily. With google synch app, I can see events of my google calendar (which is almost nothing since I never use it) on my iPhone, but can't see my iPhone events on google calendar (which later will be shown on my Q50). Any advice? Thx! :p

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
An off topic q, since u have iPhone. Q50 will synch w/ google calendar, not the one in iCloud, which I use daily. With google synch app, I can see events of my google calendar (which is almost nothing since I never use it) on my iPhone, but can't see my iPhone events on google calendar (which later will be shown on my Q50). Any advice? Thx! :p
So, off topic here on a topic that strays FAR from my area of expertise, I'll tell you what I've done with Google calendar on my iPhone (and then I undid it!).

I ended up paying about $6/mo for a Google 'business' account. It appeared to be the only way to sync my Outlook and iPhone calendars. However, there is a program that loads with Outlook that syncs the calendar but it is REALLY wonky and I get a lot of errors.

I also have a MS exchange setup with work and I was trying to keep everything private off of the work calendar but that's tough to do when my assistant is trying to schedule things for me. Plus, I had to have 2 calendars open all of the time and copy everything from one calendar to the other. I was duplicating everything except for invites that I would accept - and that ended up being a problem.

So long story short - I didn't have much luck syncing my iPhone with Exchange and Gmail so I'm just using exchange now. YMMV and the Google tool also syncs contacts.

I honestly don't know how often I would use the Google calendar in the car since I'll still have my phone handy. Seems nice if you have the location in there, the appt pops up and you can just have the address enter directly into your GPS for directions but we don't often put all of the full address into the location section of a calendar appointment right now, guess that would have to change.

Ok, so not sure if that helped but I can tell you this: I don't need the Google business account anymore and can't find ANYWHERE to call, cancel or even get a copy of my ,on they billing information. May be I'll see if I can get Owen Wilson on the phone once he starts his internship there - it'll probably be easier than getting someone on the phone from Google ;)

Reactions: tt_45 and afrosheen

·
Registered
396 Posts
I honestly don't know how often I would use the Google calendar in the car since I'll still have my phone handy.
You just nailed it! That's very true. I'll have my phone with me all the time when i'm in the car, so most likely not a big deal if the car calendar doesn't show much what I'm supposed to do! :p

Thanks so much for your time! sorry about your experience with the google business ... :( I quit dreaming about coordinating personal outlook/calendar with the exchange long time ago... Just wasn't/am not savy enough to tackle the endless issues...

(Yeah, I can totally see myself enjoying a fully loaded (techology-wise) M ... :) but it will be expensive! )

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You just nailed it! That's very true. I'll have my phone with me all the time when i'm in the car, so most likely not a big deal if the car calendar doesn't show much what I'm supposed to do! :p

Thanks so much for your time! sorry about your experience with the google business ... :( I quit dreaming about coordinating personal outlook/calendar with the exchange long time ago... Just wasn't/am not savy enough to tackle the endless issues...

(Yeah, I can totally see myself enjoying a fully loaded (techology-wise) M ... :) but it will be expensive! )
Happy help (or not in the case of the google calendar ;) )

You might be surprised about an M lease.

I just helped my someone nab one for $540/mo on a 12k mile lease with just the premium package. He had to put $2500 total including 1st mo payment and bank fee but he was ok with that. I think he ended up at around $520/mo with 10k miles since he drives so little. This includes 9% tax monthly in PA.

If I went M I would go premium package and tech (hopefully some upgrades to that for 2014 refresh but who knows??)

So it would probably be closer to about $600/mo if I went in and beat them up pretty hard with nothing 'down' just the out of pockets.

I just don't want to do that without seeing the Q50. I would worry I would regret it. I'm guessing I'll be in similar territory after a while s if they relax the Q pricing.

I don't need all of the room that the M has and I much prefer the driving dynamics of my G37 so I'm thinking the Q will be the perfect next step.

Still waiting to see the car in person mid June.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Jay....Circle Infiniti is unveiling the Q50 in our showroom on June 25th from 6pm - 8pm....your welcome to join us if you'd like.....just RSVP to Dana or Sandra at 732-389-1200 by June 20th......if nothing come to enjoy the Cocktails & Hors d'oeuvres....hope to see you there

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.