Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like there is info on Nissan tradmarking their new logo and the Z badge.
Perhaps company is changing logo to shift into the new future of vehicles (mostly EV's/Hybrids), along with trying to change their image.
Good to know the Z Badge is trademarks, looks like direct confirmation that a new Z is definitely coming.

Nissan Trademarks Suggest New Company Logo And Z Sports Car

What do you all think? I think this is the time Nissan can reshape their brand and image. similarly to how they shocked the world early 00s with their G/Z lineup.

Cheers

·
Registered
719 Posts
I think a good writer would have included an image of the old logos for comparisons sake. The Nissan one still looks like a hamburger.
I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today, :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
What do you all think? I think this is the time Nissan can reshape their brand and image. similarly to how they shocked the world early 00s with their G/Z lineup.

Cheers
Trying to put the fanboism aside, I honestly think that Nissan is gearing up for a serious revitalization (like you said). They can do it/have done it...however, this time, they need to prove they can sustain it.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I like the new look on both logos. Sometimes companies can really screw up logo changes, but they did a good job here (assuming these are legit).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Both seem to look good, and im sure they will do a bit of fine tuning before the new batch of reworks is released. Im just waiting for them to finally push the Frontier through, as the 2021 will only get the new engine, and then the new body style will come after I guess.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
459 Posts
For me it's "Nissan" go and "Z" no...

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
134 Posts
New Nissan Z
Nissan has filed a trademark with the Canadian government of what the new Z sports car logo is going to look like. The logo you see appeared on the NewNissanZ forum shortly after the filing.

Earlier this week they also filed trademarks for the same logo in New Zealand and Australia.

Also, an all-new company logo that was originally seen on the Ariya Electric Concept.

So far, little is known about the next-generation Z but the retro logo, similar to that of the classic 240Z, might mean we’ll get a retro looking sports car. More power is on the way too with 380Z or 400Z as possible names depending on engine configuration.

Expect the new Z to debut as soon as this year and go on sale in 2021.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Much better looking than the current turd. Even though the real thing will not look exactly like that depicted.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
The best renderings I've seen so far depicting the retro styling of the original 240Z headlights with the 300ZX tailights:

Oh that's a pretty neat render can see the clear influences from both the GT-R and the 240z, some hard edges and not all the body-lines
flow but still a good number of aspects I really like.

Miles better than the current gen Supra either way.

Much better looking than the current turd. Even though the real thing will not look exactly like that depicted.
The 350z always looked a bit off strange but the 370z looks great in my opinion, it looks and sits like a purpose built sports car and nothing
about it's exterior design has aged particularly bad.... Except those damn silver door handles.

Is it as good as the orginal 240z? No but that car was essentially the designers imaging what you'd get if an E-Type and a Ferrari 250 had a baby.
Sadly 40+ years of safety regulations have killed design language and creativity in the industry. Honestly I'm amazed the Q60 looks the way it does
in-spite of those restrictions.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Something about the profile looks "off" to me . I think it is the fact that the high point of the roofline is about 1.5 feet in front of where the passenger's heads are.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Ehh most 2 seat sports cars have a similar design style, the Z is definitely a bit farther forward than others and I agree it would look better with a more rounded
roof design.

But it would have looked an awful lot like a 911/Cayman if It the peak was more towards the center line.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Yeah....we need to figure out a way to merge the varying threads on this subject (and I am much to blame for this...my apologies).....

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Ehh most 2 seat sports cars have a similar design style, the Z is definitely a bit farther forward than others and I agree it would look better with a more rounded roof design.
Style being an entirely subjective matter, my observation was only my opinion. No right or wrong, I just find it an awkward styling exercise that is unpleasing to my eye.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Style being an entirely subjective matter, my observation was only my opinion. No right or wrong, I just find it an awkward styling exercise that is unpleasing to my eye.
Aye that's fine I wasn't trying to prove you wrong, just highlighting the elements I like in the design and how they
remind me of some other cars.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts