Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone...Just yesterday I picked up a certified 2014 Q50S AWD. It's Graphite Shadow with the accessory 19" wheels, Rear Decklid Spoiler and Navigation. We sold my wife's 2010 Mazda3 to upgrade to this. The Infiniti will be my daily wile she gets gets my 4Runner. As my username implies I also have a 1966 Mustang. It's nothing crazy, just a nice driver. I got it wile in high school in 1999. My dad, brother and I did all the work except the paint. Its my toy so the Infiniti will remain mostly stock.

I look forward to learning lots on the forum, I have already found the search function particularly helpful :D!!! Anyway as with any forum I assume you love to see the pics so here you go.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
The Q looks great Chris...and so does that '66 Pony Car...Good Stuff!!!

Congrats and welcome to the forum...post often!!!

Reactions: mustangchris66

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!!!

·
Premium Member
2017 Infiniti Q50S RED SPORT RWD
5 Posts
Hey fellas,

Bobby Kwok here from SF.

I just picked up a redsport this week. Only had it for two days but first mod was tinting the windows. Hope to see everyone at meets and on the Bay Area roads.

So after the tint I ordered Stillen Exhaust and Intakes. 2-3 months back-ordered ugh...

Hope they get here soon and thinking of swapping out tires...stock ones are very noisy i'm noticing...Any other mod ideas?

Traded in 2015 ACURA TLX 2. Cheers

·
Registered
822 Posts
So after the tint I ordered Stillen Exhaust and Intakes. 2-3 months back-ordered ugh...

Hope they get here soon and thinking of swapping out tires...stock ones are very noisy i'm noticing...Any other mod ideas?
If I were you, I’d cancel the order on both the Stillen Exhaust and Stillen Intakes.

If you’re going to wait 2-3 months for an exhaust and if you’re not planning on upgrading your turbos, you might as well order a Fast Intentions 2.5” Exhaust.

The Stillen Intakes for our Red Sport (RS) motors (VR30DDTT) have too many issues to even fck with. Most aftermarket intakes for the VR30 won’t provide any power benefits for RS’s without an EcuTek Tune. If you’re adamant about getting Intakes for your RS and since you’re in CA, then I suggest you get CARB legal AMS/Infiniti Intakes.

If your RS is riding on the OEM DumbFlop RFTs, then I suggest you switch them out with practically any other tire besides them. Just search the forums for tire suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,808 Posts
IMHO, forget the CAIs. Unless you're planning on a tune after upgrading your exhaust and downpipes, CAIs aren't going to provide any noticeable improvement in power. I'd recommend the FI CBE over the Stillen CBE also, especially if the fab times are similar.

You will notice a great improvement in handling, tire noise and traction if you replace the Dumbflop RFTs with a quality UHP tire. I sold my Dumbflops after 1200 miles and replaced them with Continental DWS06 tires. It was worth the expense.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts