Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the latest additions to my growing list of Q50 issues happened this week: I stopped normally at a stop sign heading out of my neighborhood, and when I did, the seatbelt tightened both on the shoulder and across my lap rapidly as I stopped. This was not a panic stop or even a quick stop.

Even more problematic, it slowly kept tightening even while the car was stopped to the point that it became uncomfortable.

It stopped when I unbuckled it and was normal thereafter.

Anyone else seen this?

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I've been in cars before without the motorized seatbeats as the Q50 has and the seatbelts have locked before as I or the other person was driving and came to a stop. So....I am not sure that this is a true Q50 issue or a general seatbelt issue. The Q50 just so happens to have motorized seatbeats and if you have the feature pre-crash seatbelt feature.

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Registered
118 Posts
One of the latest additions to my growing list of Q50 issues happened this week: I stopped normally at a stop sign heading out of my neighborhood, and when I did, the seatbelt tightened both on the shoulder and across my lap rapidly as I stopped. This was not a panic stop or even a quick stop.

Even more problematic, it slowly kept tightening even while the car was stopped to the point that it became uncomfortable.

It stopped when I unbuckled it and was normal thereafter.

Anyone else seen this?
LOL, seems like a scene from some horror flick.

Does your car, by any chance, have a name? :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've never heard of them continuing to tighten... Tightening yes, when coming to a stop, most cars will lock the belt when coming to a stop but to tighten them...

Have you been neglecting her lately? Maybe it was a love squeeze ya know ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't named the car. And I haven't been away from it to make it jealous, but I haven't been really happy with my seemingly ever growing list of problems, either, so maybe the car's feeling is mutual!

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I haven't named the car. And I haven't been away from it to make it jealous, but I haven't been really happy with my seemingly ever growing list of problems, either, so maybe the car's feeling is mutual!
Wow, yeah, you're not kidding.

I went back and looked through some of your posts (no stalky) and you sure have ran into a lot of weird problems with your Q50. :(

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, Simpson. Quite a few. I've taken video or photos of nearly all of them, too.

Client Services says they want to send someone here to inspect the car, which is great since the issues are clearly beyond the expertise of the dealership. However, they have suggested two dates over the course of the last month and both have been when I'm traveling (I travel a lot on business and am generally very busy). Their communications are about once a week, which is not acceptable. It takes them a week to call back. I've spent $55k on a car that has much wrong with it, and I am fast losing patience with the lack of urgency on Infiniti's part to address these issues.

·
Registered
40 Posts
She knows you're fed up with her problems and doesn't want you to leave. :D

But seriously, has it been snowing over there? Been seeing on here frequently that snow messes with the pre-collision system. To think, Infiniti should've ironed this problem out being that they've had this feature on the previous generation model.

Edit: Just saw your previous posts. I think it's Lemon Law time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.