Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been reading a bunch in here so thanks for all the info. The lease on my G was just about finished and I finally went with a Graphite Shadow Q50S AWD!

So far I'm really happy from the wheels and lights to all the features inside.

First super easy mod completed: swapped license plate bulb to LED (since Infiniti decided to leave that be for some reason) :cool:

Future mods? Maybe black out the chrome? We'll see...

Here's a pic from when I picked her up... I also attached one just in case.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi all, I've been reading a bunch in here so thanks for all the info. The lease on my G was just about finished and I finally went with a Graphite Shadow Q50S AWD!

So far I'm really happy from the wheels and lights to all the features inside.

First super easy mod completed: swapped license plate bulb to LED (since Infiniti decided to leave that be for some reason) :cool:

Future mods? Maybe black out the chrome? We'll see...

Here's a pic from when I picked her up... I also attached one just in case.

Welcome to the Graphite Shadow Q50 family! I am also planning on blacking out the chrome in the near future. Where did you get your LEDs from? Would love to keep in touch along the way!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Graphite Shadow Q50 family! I am also planning on blacking out the chrome in the near future. Where did you get your LEDs from? Would love to keep in touch along the way!
Thank you! I got the LEDs from Autolumination. I used them for my G for over 3yrs with no issue and they still run. The 194 bulb is compatible - here is the direct link 194 Bulbs 168 W5W 2825 Map Led Parking Signal Side Marker

I know the site seems a little sketchy but it's legit.

Let's keep in touch - blacking out the chrome might be the way to go :cool:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Check out my "spring detail" thread, ive got the window trim and the two chrome pieces on the trunk blacked out so far.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
407 Posts
With a body color like that, blacking out the chrome will greatly complement the look. I know I would do it. even leaving it chrome will still look good.

some people tint chrome for a black chrome look which looks amazing IMO.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out my "spring detail" thread, ive got the window trim and the two chrome pieces on the trunk blacked out so far.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Looks awesome! I totally agree with you - not a big fan of chrome in general. So, tell me... how big of a pain is it to plasti dip?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With a body color like that, blacking out the chrome will greatly complement the look. I know I would do it. even leaving it chrome will still look good.

some people tint chrome for a black chrome look which looks amazing IMO.
Agreed - just need to figure out if plasti dip is the only way to go or other options (and not be lazy about it ;))

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.