Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this was already posted elsewhere in the forum. I searched. I believe this is a new press release from Infiniti.

Q50 Hybrid features 354 hp and 36 hwy MPG. Take that BMW ActiveHybrid 3!

INFINITI ANNOUNCES $36,700 U.S. MSRP FOR ALL-NEW Q50 SEDAN, Q50 HYBRID PREMIUM MODEL STARTS AT $43,950 USD

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Infiniti today announced full U.S. pricing on the 2014 Infiniti Q50 sports sedan, which goes on sale at Infiniti retailers nationwide in early July. The all-new Q50 is designed for a new generation of young, premium customers seeking Infiniti's unique fusion of inspired performance and hospitality.

The Q50 features distinctive design, engaging performance, world's first technologies and unmatched levels of connectivity and personalization. It is offered in 3.7-liter V6 and 3.5-liter Hybrid models. The Q50 Hybrid features one of the fastest accelerating hybrid engines and, at 36-mpg highway, one of the most fuel-efficient powertrains in the segment.

Both Q50 3.7-liter and Q50 3.5-liter Hybrid models are available with a choice of rear-wheel drive or Intelligent All-Wheel Drive and in a range of well-equipped models, including versions with special sport appearance and performance features with sport brakes and sport suspension tuning.

A pre-sale program, announced at the New York International Auto Show in March, continues online at InfinitiUSA.com through June 30, 2013. Participants registered at the pre-sale site must complete their purchases by October 31, 2013 to receive the special pre-sell offer.

The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP)* for the 2014 Infiniti Q50 are:
Model Engine/Drive MSRP
Q50 3.7 3.7-liter V6 / RWD $36,700 USD
Q50 3.7 AWD 3.7-liter V6 / AWD $38,500 USD
Q50 3.7 Premium 3.7-liter V6 / RWD $39,550 USD
Q50 3.7 AWD Premium 3.7-liter V6 / AWD $41,350 USD
Q50S 3.7 3.7-liter V6 / RWD $43,200 USD
Q50S 3.7 AWD 3.7-liter V6 / AWD $45,000 USD
Q50 Hybrid Premium 3.5-liter V6 Hybrid / RWD $43,950 USD
Q50 Hybrid AWD Premium 3.5-liter V6 Hybrid / AWD $45,750 USD
Q50S Hybrid 3.5-liter V6 Hybrid / RWD $46,350 USD
Q50S Hybrid AWD 3.5-liter V6 Hybrid / AWD $48,150 USD
Destination and Handling $905 USD

Three new world's first production performance technologies make their debuts in the Q50 – Infiniti Direct Adaptive Steering™ technology, Active Lane Control™ and Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW). The new steering system allows advanced control of the Q50's tire angle and steering inputs, transmitting the driver's intentions to the wheels faster than a mechanical system. The Active Lane Control™ uses a camera-based lane marker detection system and Direct Active Steering™ system to further enhance lane-keeping capability and improve vehicle straightability. The Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW) system warns the driver of risks that lie beyond the driver's field of view. It not only can sense the relative velocity and distance of a vehicle directly ahead, but also of a vehicle travelling in front of the preceding one.

The new Q50 also offers Infiniti InTuition™, a fully customizable digital environment for linking various driver settings and driving characteristics to their Infiniti Intelligent Key, and Infiniti InTouch™ next-gen smart connectivity, featuring dual touch-screens and an array of advanced functions, features and custom apps.

·
Registered
432 Posts
360HP and 36 HWY MPG.

Now...we are missing 2 pieces of info:

1. What is the city MPG? (Then we will know average MPG which is more important!)
2. What is the 0-60!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
360HP and 36 HWY MPG.

Now...we are missing 2 pieces of info:

1. What is the city MPG? (Then we will know average MPG which is more important!)
2. What is the 0-60!
But based on the stickers on the Q50s on the showroom floor, it says 28 city and 34 hwy!

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Hey Gbert, I just saw an update. So we all jumped the gun (that's what a forum is for, right?).

Q50 Hybrid Fuel economy numbers (city/hwy/combined)
29/36/31 - Premium RWD
28/35/30 - Premium AWD
28/34/30 - Sport RWD
27/31/28 - Sport AWD

The picture I posted last week was from a Q50S RWD.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hey Gbert, I just saw an update. So we all jumped the gun (that's what a forum is for, right?).

29/36/31 - Premium RWD
28/35/30 - Premium AWD
28/34/30 - Sport RWD
27/31/28 - Sport AWD

Nice nice! Thanks for posting this!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts

29/36/31 - Premium RWD
28/35/30 - Premium AWD
28/34/30 - Sport RWD
27/31/28 - Sport AWD

Why the sport so much lower? Weight? What a bummer

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Does anyone know how accurate Fuel Economy is?

They are currently listing the Q50, but has it listed as Q50, Q50 AWD, Q50a, and Q50a AWD. Q50 AWD and Q50a AWD have the same numbers.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I guess we learn something new everyday with the Q50.

29/36/31 - Premium RWD
28/35/30 - Premium AWD
28/34/30 - Sport RWD
27/31/28 - Sport AWD

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I take the rated MPG With a grain of salt. Someone posted how they come up with those numbers somewhere here on this forum I believe but I never get close to them.

I'm not a lead foot either (well- sometimes :) )

They're a decent gauge for benchmarks I'll grant that but I my G's have always averaged 3-4mpgs less than rated.

Sorry, just realized I didn't add much value to this thread but thought I'd vent anyway :D

Reactions: Kristieds

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Just went to the site, and the hybrid is not listed, only the non-hybrid. Where did you get those numbers?

If true, and I realize the sport will be heavier, a four mpg difference on the highway seems way over the top. It just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The only way it would make sense is if the non sport uses some kind of low rolling resistance tires(LRR). On the Prius switching to regular tires results in a loss of 3-5mpg.
LRR tires are usually stiff and cause long braking distances.

All current BMWs suffer from this problem.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Yikes! What disappointing numbers for the hybrid Sport AWD :(
I can't image why there is such a wider delta between the Sport AWD and Premium AWD vs Sport RWD and Premium RWD:confused:
What did you expect?

Those numbers are for a 360hp AWD car. Maybe it's just me, but those numbers don't seem disappointing at all given the weight and the power it has... :eek: I don't know of many hybrid cars with all wheel drive and that kind of power that will get you better than 30 combined.

Those numbers seem right on with the rest of the pack in the segment. Maybe nott the best, but definitely not the worst.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.