Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

Coming from a G37. Our car was flash flooded couple days ago and became a total loss along with many other cars in my city.

It's time to shop for a new car. Mind you we just bought our G37 two weeks ago!!!! It's a **** shame.....

ANYWAYS

we're looking at a Grand Cherokee and a Q50 as the next car. We are looking to lease this time. We want to see if it works for us instead of financing (what we usually do) We seem to change her car every few years, so lease might be nice.

Well, I've been looking at the lease thread and I see some good deals there. I see there is a $2500 infiniti loyalty dealer cash that's offered. Along with 1,000 dealer cash. Are these things that can be put towards the down payment? This flooding all happened out of nowhere, and we weren't really prepared to put any down payment on a car, so I'd like to get a car with 0 down. I was hoping these dealer cash things can be used towards down payment maybe. if not, to lower the car's cost.

We are looking to get a premium with sunroof and navigation package. I assume they run around 43,000.

is $450 a month reasonable with 0 down and all the incentives? (very good credit, that won't be an issue). We def need min 15,000 miles.

It looks like it's between the Grand Cherokee and the Q50 at this point. We'll see what she decides on!

EDIT - Still reading here, and I see there is something called VPP-D. My wife is a walgreens store manager, and walgreens is on the list for VPP. so I assume without haggling, I can bring the price down to invoice.

now how does it work with a vehicle with options? It says total savings below MSRP is $3,697. This is regardless with options I suppose. so if the car equipped with what I need says MSRP 47,000, it will be 47,000 - 3,697 = 44,303

then I have 2,500 loyalty cash, plus 1,000 dealer cash which is 3,500 (we'll put that towards deposit)

so I'll be leasing the car at 44,303 (plus tax fees etc) and 3,500 down?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hey Z06, that sucks about the flooding

If you have VPP it should be really easy for you.
They will basically give you invoice without you having to haggle over it.
If you don't have VPP, just try to haggle on a good sale price.
You can use truecar.com to get a fairly accurate invoice price.

Then you add in the $2500 loyalty cash on it.
You don't get another $1000 on top of that.
I think the 1K is only if you buy.

Infiniti has another program called Multiple Security Deposits (MSD) that let you buy down your interest rate by leaving them a deposit.
If you have spare cash to do it, it's a good deal.
You can get your "rent" on the lease down to a very small amount by using MSD's.
See this link for MSD's
Things to know about Leases and MSDs - MyG37

I ended up with 0 down and my first month payed by the loyalty cash.
So if you don't do Multiple Security Deposits you should be able to walk out of the dealer with zero down and a payment not due for 1 month.

This is the lease deal thread.
Try working backwards on it to look at deals.
http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/in...cing/1018-official-lease-deal-thread-111.html

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Z06, that sucks about the flooding

If you have VPP it should be really easy for you.
They will basically give you invoice without you having to haggle over it.
If you don't have VPP, just try to haggle on a good sale price.
You can use truecar.com to get a fairly accurate invoice price.

Then you add in the $2500 loyalty cash on it.
You don't get another $1000 on top of that.
I think the 1K is only if you buy.

Infiniti has another program called Multiple Security Deposits (MSD) that let you buy down your interest rate by leaving them a deposit.
If you have spare cash to do it, it's a good deal.
You can get your "rent" on the lease down to a very small amount by using MSD's.
See this link for MSD's
Things to know about Leases and MSDs - MyG37

I ended up with 0 down and my first month payed by the loyalty cash.
So if you don't do Multiple Security Deposits you should be able to walk out of the dealer with zero down and a payment not due for 1 month.

This is the lease deal thread.
Try working backwards on it to look at deals.
http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/in...cing/1018-official-lease-deal-thread-111.html
Thanks Andrew... I'm actually reading that MSD thread now.

It almost looks like it's a better deal to do the MSD instead of down payment. will need an excel calculator to play with it.

Had I known all these things back in the day when we bought our maxima, we would have probably paid 100-150 dollars less every month for it. Learned alot since our 1st purchase and now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That's pretty much what I thought to. :cool:
I saw this post on the lease thread... If I could get a deal like this!?!?

MSRP: $46,605 (Premium Hybrid with Navigation with leather (leather is standard on the hybrid models)
Term: 39 Months
Miles: 15,000 per year
Residual: $27,963 (60%)
Loyalty Rebate: $3,250
Gross Cap: 43,261
Cap Cost Reduction: 3,081
Adjusted Cap: 40,179
Drive off: $950 (Includes 1st month's payment)
Money Factor: 0.00115 (Pre-MSD); 0.00025 (Post-MSD)
MSD Payment: $3600 (9*$400)
Base Payment: $330.27
Total Payment: $360.01 (9% taxes in CA)
What is the "Gross Cap", "Cap Cost Reduction", "Adjusted Cap", Drive off = deposit, fees etc?

There's a very nice hybrid S for 45,350 apparently near me. Might go check it out tomorrow.... that mpg alone will probably save me some $$$!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
What is the "Gross Cap", "Cap Cost Reduction", "Adjusted Cap", Drive off = deposit, fees etc?
Gross cap is your sale price with the fee's added in.
So lets say you get VPP invoice of 45K (this is an arbitrary number).
For me all that was added on top of that was just the acquisition fee of $700.
So then gross cap moves to 45700.

Cap Cost Reduction
would be cash you put down and loyalty cash.
Lets say in your case $2500 since you put zero down and just use your loyalty cash..
It's not quite that simple. I think for example your registration fee's and maybe your first month payment might come out of your $2500 loyalty cash.
So again to simplify things, lets say your Cap Cost Reduction is $1500 ($2500 - $1000 in Fee's).

You derive your "adjusted cap" then.
Adjusted cap = Gross Cap - Cap Cost Reduction
$45700 - $1500 = $43200

Then the "depreciation" you will owe over the lease is your (adjusted cap - redidual value).

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Oh ye, also yes you should be able to get a deal in the ball park of the one you posted with VPP and $2500 loyalty.

And in his case he payed $950 down.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gross cap is your sale price with the fee's added in.
So lets say you get VPP invoice of 45K (this is an arbitrary number).
For me all that was added on top of that was just the acquisition fee of $700.
So then gross cap moves to 45700.

Cap Cost Reduction
would be cash you put down and loyalty cash.
Lets say in your case $2500 since you put zero down and just use your loyalty cash..
It's not quite that simple. I think for example your registration fee's and maybe your first month payment might come out of your $2500 loyalty cash.
So again to simplify things, lets say your Cap Cost Reduction is $1500 ($2500 - $1000 in Fee's).

You derive your "adjusted cap" then.
Adjusted cap = Gross Cap - Cap Cost Reduction
$45700 - $1500 = $43200

Then the "depreciation" you will owe over the lease is your (adjusted cap - redidual value).
I see... do I have the option to spend the loyalty cash on any portion of the car? I rather pay the 1st month and reg fees out of pocket, and put all that loyalty cash towards MSD. if let's say $350 payments (8 MSDs with lil cash of my own) that'll lower my interest rate so low that the car will be extremely affordable and I will have an extremely happy wife. lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh ye, also yes you should be able to get a deal in the ball park of the one you posted with VPP and $2500 loyalty.

And in his case he payed $950 down.
Thanks!

Do you know if VPP has to be pre-registered, or can I just take a pay stub to the dealer?

and little OT, how do you like the Hybrid? what kind of mileage you getting? wife does city driving to work, which I believe where the hybrid shines at?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I doubt you can use the loyalty cash for MSD's because you get that money back when your lease is up.
You probably have to use it on the car.

For VPP a work badge and they might need a pay stub.

I like the hybrid. It's got a lot of power.
My only complaint is the regenerative brakes need some refinement and take a little bit of time to get used to.

I've only had mine a few weeks.
I don't have the mileage yet from one full tank.
On my first half tank just to see what I got, I think I got 26.2MPG from just around town driving during the holidays.

Now that I'm back at work and not on Holiday so my commute is a little bit longer and the car uses the EV mode a bit more, the computer says I'm getting close to 30.
But people said it reads a bit high, so I would guess maybe 28MPG or so.
It's going to be another 7-10 days before I have to fill up again and get a concrete number.
There is a gas mileage thread floating around on this forum if you search for it.

My last tank of gas in December when I was doing my normal work commute for my 3.5L G35 was 17.6MPG (or maybe 17.5).
So just to give you a comparison number.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I doubt you can use the loyalty cash for MSD's because you get that money back when your lease is up.
You probably have to use it on the car.

For VPP a work badge and they might need a pay stub.
****... I see...

it sucks I can't use it on the car. I'll try to put like 1,000 down on the MSD then which might be 2 MSDs maybe 3. Like I said, I unfortunately don't have extra cash laying around to do alot of MSD since this was an unseen event.

let's see what happens with the VPP-D and loyalty cash I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
You're overthinking this. You have VPP. Find a dealer/salesperson who understands what MSD's are, and knows the car. I'm not sure on the loyalty toward MSD's, I'd have to check with my finance manager, but I think you can do that.

Since you mentioned floods, I'm guessing you aren't in CA (we're really dry here right now). But if you are around NorCal, I'd be happy to work out a good deal for you. We have practically every single combination of colors and options in stock at the moment.

For VPP, the dealer can generate the paperwork for you, just bring a badge, business card or some other proof of employment.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Can anyone tell me if this is a good offer? It's not solid yet, but we will see. I think the dealer is still trying to squeeze some out of me

I went to the dealer and showed him this:

MSRP: $46,605 (Premium Hybrid with Navigation with leather (leather is standard on the hybrid models)
Term: 39 Months
Residual: $27,963 (60%)
Loyalty Rebate: $3,250
Gross Cap: 43,261
Cap Cost Reduction: 3,081
Adjusted Cap: 40,179
Money Factor: 0.00115 (Pre-MSD); 0.00025 (Post-MSD)
MSD Payment: $3600 (9*$400)
Base Payment: $330.27
Total Payment: $360.01 (9% taxes in CA)
then I modified the MSD and added VPP with 6% FL sales tax... It turned out to this I suppose

MSRP: $47,220 (Premium Hybrid with Navigation with leather, all weather, cargo and welcome ligthing.)
VPP-D: $3251
My cost: $43,969
Term: 39 months
Residual: (60%)
Loyalty Rebate: $2500 <--- Where does this go?
Gross Cap: ????
Cap Cost Reduction: ????
Adjusted Cap: ????
Drive off: $0
Money Factor: 0.00115 (PRE MSD)
MSD Payment: Will be upto ~1200-1300 so maybe 3 of them
Total Payment: was offered $435 (6% FL tax)
He explained to me since we're putting down about $2300 less on MSDs, $0 drive off, $750 less loyalty cash and slightly higher cost vehicle, monthly is going to go up a little. He said 24 months would actually be cheaper. I'm fine with that.... I'll get a 0 mile one in 2 years lol.

Now what he failed to mention (and I missed it) is he the VPP-D in there. that should knock off another $3,250 (current VPP-D offering) bringing the car to 43,969.

I believe I can get this car south of $400. Is this a reality?

They actually gave the car to us as a rental because my wife isn't sure about it and is going back and forth with a grand cherokee. to win our hearts, she's gonna take it to work for a few days. On wednesday when we go back, I will tell him what they offered to us is fine except the $3,250 discount off MSRP is on there. See if we can knock it down to < $400

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hi Z06, when he wrote up your lease offer was it at MSRP?
Or where they offering any discount to MSRP or any chance they VPP priced you in?
It makes big difference.

It looks like they must have lowered the MSRP to me.
MSRP ($47,220) - Residual ($28332) = $18888 Deprication.

Just look at the raw depreciation without adding in anything like acquisition fee, license + registration, and doc fee's.
It's $484 a month.
That does not include tax or interest.

So it makes it a bit hard to tell on your deal.
Because he is offering it to you at $435 so somewhere somthing has been discounted nicely which makes me think he priced in VPP, gave you invoice pricing, or did something.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
V06 this is a naptkin sketch.
It still seems like something in your deal is good.
This is a rough sketch.
Adjusted CAP will be higher in reality because things like registration and other fee's showup there.

MSRP $47220
Redidual $28332
Gross Cap $44669 (MSRP - VPP + ACQUISITION FEE WHICH IS $700 IN CA)
Adjusted CAP $42169 (Gross Cap - $2500 Loyalty).

Rent Fee @ .00115 = $80 or so
Depreciation Fee a month = $354

Total around $434 before taxes.
In reality should be a bit higher due to other fee's not added in since I don't know what fee's there are in Florida.

[edit] I changed the money rate to .00115 (from .00085) and left all the loyalty cash in the Adjusted Cap.

I think the only way you can get it down below $400 is to max out the MSD's which will probably bring the rent charge to around $20 a month or so, or you need to put a little more down.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
V06 this is a naptkin sketch.
It still seems like something in your deal is good.
This is a rough sketch.
Adjusted CAP will be higher in reality because things like registration and other fee's showup there.

MSRP $47220
Redidual $28332
Gross Cap $44669 (MSRP - VPP + ACQUISITION FEE WHICH IS $700 IN CA)
Adjusted CAP $42169 (Gross Cap - $2500 Loyalty).

Rent Fee @ .00115 = $80 or so
Depreciation Fee a month = $354

Total around $434 before taxes.
In reality should be a bit higher due to other fee's not added in since I don't know what fee's there are in Florida.

[edit] I changed the money rate to .00115 (from .00085) and left all the loyalty cash in the Adjusted Cap.

I think the only way you can get it down below $400 is to max out the MSD's which will probably bring the rent charge to around $20 a month or so, or you need to put a little more down.
Thanks for that. We didn't shake hands on anything, and they were 'rough estimates' but I told him $430 would be already pushing it. He understood, but we both agreed it might be doable which is why I took the car as a rental.

Now another dealer in the area has one as well and that one was 46,250 (just nav package). The salesman didn't want to run any official nmbers as my wife wasn't there, but he told me south of 400 didn't sound unreasonable with all the incentives we had.

I will go there on Wednesday and tell him to give me the real numbers. if it gets to what I want ($380-390) I will tell him to start the paperwork. if he can't get to that, I might go back to the dealer which told me $430.

I just don't see how one dealer told me ~$390 is possible, yet the other one told me $430 when there is only a ~$1000 in difference. Perhaps diff misc fees

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I just don't see how one dealer told me ~$390 is possible, yet the other one told me $430 when there is only a ~$1000 in difference. Perhaps diff misc fees
Ye that is kind of strange.
Maybe one is able to offer a better interest rate or knock a bit more off the MSRP.
You probably have to pry the lease details out of them to find out. :rolleyes:

If you talk to them more, if nothing else try to get the msrp which you can pull from the internet, the sale price of the car, and residual.
From those two numbers you can usually work out what the lease cost will be.

Overall they both sound like good deals.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I made a excel calculator to see if I can work some numbers...

I'm trying to figure this excel calculator so we can all use it and benefit from it... I'll make a post of it, so maybe everyone can benefit. I'm sure it needs tweaking, so maybe some feedback

here is a link to it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jywez7aygpf3fo8/lease%20calc.xlsx

according to this calculator, I would be better off putting on down payment instead of MSD. or I'm not doing something right.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Bought the car!

Here it is with her new owner, the happy wife! lol

24 Months @ 15K miles

MSRP: $47,720 (Q50 Hybrid with navi and welcome lighting etc)
Negotiated price: $42,957 (3.6% below invoice) -> VPP($3,251) - further discount($1512)
Cash Due: $2599 (2500 Loyalty + Registration fee)
Gross Cap: $43,776
Adjusted Cap: $41,889
Residual: 71%
Residual Cost: %33,881
MF: 0.00095 (0.00115 before MSD)
MSD: $900 (2*450)
Calculated Interest: 2.28%
Monthly payment with 6% FL sales tax: $430

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.