Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Q50 owner. Proud to be part of the VR30 family/community. Have had a couple race cars before, including several bmws and a 5.0 mustang. Definitely have mods coming up for this new bad boy. Very happy with the wip, my favorite up to date. Feel free to drop some pics and reviews of your infinitis.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

Reactions: LaKuan

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats and welcome!
Thanks. Have seen a lot of nice builds inhere. Originally i really wanted a Q60 but they more pricey so i went with the “Better deal”.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks. Have seen a lot of nice builds inhere. Originally i really wanted a Q60 but they more pricey so i went with the “Better deal”.
Heh, I fell in love with the couple's design the first time I saw it :) sometimes still almost dont believe I own one.

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
693 Posts
Welcome to the family! Time to start the upgrades!
I suggest you read this, better me to say it now then have others point it out lol: NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ THIS

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,890 Posts
Damn, it would take me a week to get my car that clean. Do you guys ever drive your cars?

Maybe if I had surplus water I'd wash my car more. But my well is 600+' deep end only gets 0.50- 0.75 gal a minute.

My house is at 670' elevation so my well is almost to sea level, and 300' below the CT river. Go figure 🤔. It's my 3rd well too.

I had a porta potty at my house warming party. And again for a month when the 2 wells went dry. Oh, my pond is 10' below my house and a swamp (feeds my pond), off behind my house. Baffling.

Enjoy your glass of water, it's more expensive than the beer.

·
Registered
2016 AWD 3.0TT INFINITI Q50
6 Posts
Damn, it would take me a week to get my car that clean. Do you guys ever drive your cars?

Maybe if I had surplus water I'd wash my car more. But my well is 600+' deep end only gets 0.50- 0.75 gal a minute.

My house is at 670' elevation so my well is almost to sea level, and 300' below the CT river. Go figure 🤔. It's my 3rd well too.

I had a porta potty at my house warming party. And again for a month when the 2 wells went dry. Oh, my pond is 10' below my house and a swamp (feeds my pond), off behind my house. Baffling.

You better believe I drive it! What fun would it be to just stare at it!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Dam bro. Theres spray bottle that is used for cleaning the car dry. Maybe that will help.

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,890 Posts
Dam bro. Theres spray bottle that is used for cleaning the car dry. Maybe that will help.
Honestly, last time I just used 6 $1.00 coin op coins and spray rinsed it, then used a spray n shine spritzer with a microfiber cloth. It came out ok. My back took 3 days to recover. But looked good.

I'll do it once the rain washes all the sand and salt off the roads. My pond still is frozen over and still have a few patches of snow. I did put my summer tires on last week.

I'm going on the NE Q50/60 Facebook "Cape Cruise" so need to get my car presentable.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: LaKuan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Honestly, last time I just used 6 $1.00 coin op coins and spray rinsed it, then used a spray n shine spritzer with a microfiber cloth. It came out ok. My back took 3 days to recover. But looked good.

I'll do it once the rain washes all the sand and salt off the roads. My pond still is frozen over and still have a few patches of snow. I did put my summer tires on last week.

I'm going on the NE Q50/60 Facebook "Cape Cruise" so need to get my car presentable. View attachment 99235 View attachment 99237
Funny enough, the picture I posted was after a $5 self wash. Used the hot soap they offered and just simply rinsed it off with the power washer. Wiped it down with a microfiber. Very minimal work.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,890 Posts
Maybe my 600' driveway that has $150 worth of sand/gravel on it from the winter has something to do with it. Just going to the end of my driveway and back when it's raining and it's messed up. Remember I live of the woods in NH.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe my 600' driveway that has $150 worth of sand/gravel on it from the winter has something to do with it. Just going to the end of my driveway and back when it's raining and it's messed up. Remember I live of the woods in NH.
Fair enough! That does sound like it could be a pain in the winter. The upside is that nobody’s car really stays clean during the winter anyways. Once that sun rolls out you’ll be shining out there!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I'm going on the NE Q50/60 Facebook "Cape Cruise" so need to get my car presentable. View attachment 99235 View attachment 99237
Looks amazing in that color! Cant imagine going through more than 3 days without a wash. If anything i would just buy a couple water galons from the gas station and make it work.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,890 Posts
Now that it's above freezing I can work on making it look good. Cool days before the bugs come out are the best to wash n wax the car.

I have always liked Graphite Shadow. My G37IPL was the same color. I really like that car except the 3 times I couldn't get home in the snow. Plus my family temporarily grew so a 4 door worked better.

I'll post new pictures with my lower stance and my big "Go Auto Performance" rocker panel stickers.

Reactions: LaKuan and Troj
1 - 16 of 16 Posts