Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
They are really working the Red Bull racing partnership. I love it.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
They are really getting on that F1 thing

I am not sure where the relation is.. Kind of stupid if you ask me.

The redbull F1 has nothign to do with the Q50 or the FX haha

That Red Bull RB9 F1 would leave the Q50 in the dust.

750bhp +
2.5 s
The RS27 can accelerate from
0 to 60kph in 1.6 seconds. It can do 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 2.5 seconds, 0 to 200 km/h (124 mph) in 5.1 seconds and 0 to 300 km/h (186 mph) in 12.0 seconds dependant on aerodynamic setup and gearing.

ftw

·
Registered
407 Posts
This is really a cool commercial, the perks of your company having it's own F1 race car. With the Q50 going around the track with the F1 car in the way it is, it should help push the idea that infiniti is really about performance. They can be nice to us and push that idea further and give us an IPL Q50 sedan :D

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I think Infiniti is just marketing the Q50 as a good handling vehicle and suggesting the same attitude for performance. It was funny to see the red bull F1 then have the Q50 ride beside it, the f1 car is so small.

·
Registered
67 Posts
They are really getting on that F1 thing

I am not sure where the relation is.. Kind of stupid if you ask me.

The redbull F1 has nothign to do with the Q50 or the FX haha

That Red Bull RB9 F1 would leave the Q50 in the dust.

750bhp +

ftw
I think it worked. The red bull f1 car is getting a lot of attention these days. I think the Q50 can benefit from people looking to view videos in the Red Bull F1 cars.

The commercial was also really nicely done.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
This is really a cool commercial, the perks of your company having it's own F1 race car. With the Q50 going around the track with the F1 car in the way it is, it should help push the idea that infiniti is really about performance. They can be nice to us and push that idea further and give us an IPL Q50 sedan :D

soo true, if they're already trying to put the image out of their brand being performance oriented they need to offer real performance.

they could be onto something here, teasing us with this commercial.

i know red bull racing will have some involvement with the development of Infiniti's performance models, which the below article talks about...

It would be easy to write off the Infiniti FX Sebastian Vettel Version (which, sadly, never made it to the U.S.) as nothing more than your basic grocery-getter, albeit one with just a bit more bling and a few additional badges.

With most automakers, releasing a signature edition rarely involves more than paying royalties to the named celebrity. Sure, they may approve the final design and graphics, but generally speaking, that’s where their involvement ends.

As Car and Driver explains, Infiniti is starting to take performance more seriously than it has in the past. In the case of the Vettel-branded FX50, the automaker solicited on-track feedback from the Formula One World Champion.

When he returned from hot-lapping the crossover with a lengthy list of requested changes, Infiniti’s engineers went back to work and implemented Vettel’s suggestions. A follow-up drive by Vettel showed that the engineers had paid very close attention to his recommendations.

While the Infiniti brand currently lacks offerings comparable to BMW’s M products, Audi’s RS series or Mercedes’ AMG vehicles, that’s about to change. New products sold under the Infiniti Performance Line (IPL) umbrella will be designed under the watchful eyes of Red Bull Racing engineers and drivers.

The first model to carry the torch will be the upcoming Q50 IPL sedan, which will replace the outgoing G37 sedan. While we’ll reserve judgement until we have a chance to drive one, we’ve got enough seat time in G37 IPL models to know they had serious room for improvement.

With Red Bull Racing as a development partner, we’d say the future of the Infiniti Performance Line brand looks promising.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.