Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a stock 2017 Q50 3.0T with 17" wheels. I outfitted the trunk to have a compact spare so I no longer need Run Flat tires. I have 25K on the tires now and am looking for non-Run Flat recommendations. I live in New Mexico, we have limited rain and snow, so needing an all-season tire. Mainly looking for something where (unlike Run Flats) you don't feel every crack in the road and don't have all that road noise,

The dealer recommendation 225/55R17 Continental PURECONTACT LS BSW, four ties installed for $813. Do you think that is a decent tire?

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
The Purecontact LS tires are more of a GT Tire rather than a performance one which is what we'd normally recommend.

But the previous version was pretty well received. $813 with install and setup of your TPMS sensor that doesn't sound too bad either, what is the dealer charging
you for the tires on their own? Should be under $600 for just the rubber.

If your looking for a bit more performance tire see below for what is typically recommended on the forums, if you want additional picks
I'd suggest you use the Forums Search Feature there is dozens of threads discussing tire selection/replacement.

Recommended All-Season Tires:
Continental - ExtremeContact DWS 06
Michelin - Pilot Sport A/S 3+

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Purecontact LS tires are more of a GT Tire rather than a performance one which is what we'd normally recommend.

But the previous version was pretty well received. $813 with install and setup of your TPMS sensor that doesn't sound too bad either, what is the dealer charging
you for the tires on their own? Should be under $600 for just the rubber.

If your looking for a bit more performance tire see below for what is typically recommended on the forums, if you want additional picks
I'd suggest you use the Forums Search Feature there is dozens of threads discussing tire selection/replacement.

Recommended All-Season Tires:
Continental - ExtremeContact DWS 06

Thanks, that help a lot, you say Dealer should be under $600 for rubber and they are $686.

But at any rate, been reaching Continental - ExtremeContact DWS 06 and that sounds great. Many people say you get about 25k to 30k of miles before it gets noisy. Does that sound about right? The Infiniti dealer dies not offer this tire, but I have a trusted Goodyear Tire shop owner who will get me any tire I need. I hear the 2017s don’t have much of an issue with TPMS after new tires are put on, so that shouldn’t be an issue if I have a non dealer install tires, right?

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Thanks, that help a lot, you say Dealer should be under $600 for rubber and they are $686.

But at any rate, been reaching Continental - ExtremeContact DWS 06 and that sounds great. Many people say you get about 25k to 30k of miles before it gets noisy. Does that sound about right? The Infiniti dealer dies not offer this tire, but I have a trusted Goodyear Tire shop owner who will get me any tire I need. I hear the 2017s don’t have much of an issue with TPMS after new tires are put on, so that shouldn’t be an issue if I have a non dealer install tires, right?
Yeah Tire-rack had them listed for $580 area, so about $100 mark up from a dealer (not terrible honestly).

For pricing you can check out Tire-rack and 1010Tires for estimates and solid reviews, personally I'd say go with your Good Year Shop owner he can almost for sure get you the tires at cost. If you run into any issues or concerns you can always have Infiniti install the tires for your as well once you have them purchased.

If you want some more in-depth reviews of the DW06 tires I've tagged a few of the forum members that are running them. I'm just about to put a set of Michelien A/S 3+ on my G37.
@QFiveOhEss
@Avedis53
@blazn420

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,016 Posts
Yeah Tire-rack had them listed for $580 area, so about $100 mark up from a dealer (not terrible honestly).

For pricing you can check out Tire-rack and 1010Tires for estimates and solid reviews, personally I'd say go with your Good Year Shop owner he can almost for sure get you the tires at cost. If you run into any issues or concerns you can always have Infiniti install the tires for your as well once you have them purchased.

If you want some more in-depth reviews of the DW06 tires I've tagged a few of the forum members that are running them. I'm just about to put a set of Michelien A/S 3+ on my G37.

@QFiveOhEss
@Avedis53
@blazn420
At least you spelled my name right this time.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,166 Posts
The DWS06's are bidirectional so you can rotate left to right increasing your rotation options. Running a square setup with them gives you lots of options to get the most mileage out of them.
I run the AS3+'s as they are very close to a UHP summer tire. Especially up here in the cool north, with cool, or cold pavement, most of the year. Stiff sidewalls and very sporty handling. They also don't last as long as the Contis and the AS3+'s are a bit louder and not as "comfortable" as the DWS06's due to their softer sidewalls.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My apologies, my first thread!
I love my DW06's really good in the rain and snow. Miles and miles above the dumbflops in every way also 50,000? mile warranty is a big perk for non runflat as well.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Loving the Falken Azenis FK510, 5000km so far. The dry grip is incredible, surprised a couple of Yamaha R1 on the tight and twisty road. They keep looking back knowing that I was also having fun. It's so quiet compared to the Dunlops.

The Falken are UHP summer tyres, we don't get or use all season tyres in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Yeah Tire-rack had them listed for $580 area, so about $100 mark up from a dealer (not terrible honestly)....
$100 is a bargain! Will Tirerack mount, balance and dispose of the old tires? Does their price include shipping? $100 sounds cheap for all of that service.

That's why I buy my tires locally from a long time reputable, family owned shop. And then there is the after sale service.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Tire rack was awesome about replacing two of my tires that I messed up running over a pothole. Also had Infiniti dealer mount, balance, and align them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
I can't speak directly to anything long-term on the DWS-06 Conti's as I've only had them on the car 500 miles or so, but the ride quality improvement over the original Dunlop run-flats is mind-blowing. They transformed the car in that respect.

I also up-sized to a 255/40 so I gained a little contact patch and a little sidewall height that no doubt helps compliance and ride.

They came from Tire Rack and I have a local guy with a garage/shop do all my tire mounting/balancing.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
$100 is a bargain! Will Tirerack mount, balance and dispose of the old tires? Does their price include shipping? $100 sounds cheap for all of that service.

That's why I buy my tires locally from a long time reputable, family owned shop. And then there is the after sale service.
Tire-Rack is an online retailer so no disposal but they can mount/balance wheels & tires before they ship them out. Also yes the price includes shipping,
so it's really just install and disposal people need to deal with.

Both of which is very easy.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I’ve heard people complain about the balancing they do. You also want to get a wheel alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Tire-Rack is an online retailer so no disposal but they can mount/balance wheels & tires before they ship them out. Also yes the price includes shipping,
so it's really just install and disposal people need to deal with.

Both of which is very easy.
True. I bought complete assemblies six years ago as winter setups for the wife's car but, I don't recall the OP as being in the market for wheels.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Loving the Falken Azenis FK510, 5000km so far. The dry grip is incredible, surprised a couple of Yamaha R1 on the tight and twisty road. They keep looking back knowing that I was also having fun. It's so quiet compared to the Dunlops.

The Falken are UHP summer tyres, we don't get or use all season tyres in my neck of the woods.

So my Michelin PS4Ss are finally done after 26k miles (without rotation). I could have gone 5k miles more but I didn't really want to push them. While dry traction was still great, I'd been losing confidence on them on the wet where I could feel a slight hydroplaning at 55-60mph on heavy downpour.

Looking at Tirerack reviews and Tyre Review's post in YT a few days ago, I could not decide between Continental ECS and Falken Azenis FK510. So being RWD, I ordered both - FK510 on the rear and Conti's ECS on front. Glad to see someone on here who also the Azenis FK510. I haven't pushed nor put many miles on them yet but so far I could not feel any difference from PS4Ss - yet. For the price, I paid ~$400 less (OTD) than the PS4S.

Tyre Review is below:

·
Registered
176 Posts
So my Michelin PS4Ss are finally done after 26k miles (without rotation). I could have gone 5k miles more but I didn't really want to push them. While dry traction was still great, I'd been losing confidence on them on the wet where I could feel a slight hydroplaning at 55-60mph on heavy downpour.

Looking at Tirerack reviews and Tyre Review's post in YT a few days ago, I could not decide between Continental ECS and Falken Azenis FK510. So being RWD, I ordered both - FK510 on the rear and Conti's ECS on front. Glad to see someone on here who also the Azenis FK510. I haven't pushed nor put many miles on them yet but so far I could not feel any difference from PS4Ss - yet. For the price, I paid ~$400 less (OTD) than the PS4S.

I'd like to hear about your impression later. I could only find one direct comparison between the Extremecontact and the Extremecontact Sport. Apparently the ride is much more rigid on the sport due to stiffer sidewalls.

I'm enjoying my new DWS06's. They are still comfortable and pretty quiet and might have performed beautifully at 130+ had I ever taken them to that speed :D

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,016 Posts
I'd like to hear about your impression later. I could only find one direct comparison between the Extremecontact and the Extremecontact Sport. Apparently the ride is much more rigid on the sport due to stiffer sidewalls.

I'm enjoying my new DWS06's. They are still comfortable and pretty quiet and might have performed beautifully at 130+ had I ever taken them to that speed :D
They do.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts