Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe, (no mods... yet)
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

I've been a life-long Mustang guy, (86, 92, 95, 07 GT's all heavily modded). My last Mustang got totaled when a guy made an illegal left turn in front of me. I ended up deciding that maybe I should "grow up" and get a sensible car, so I ended up going with a 2018 Maxima SV. The lack of aftermarket for that car really shocked me. Especially after how good I had, had it for so long with the Mustang.

After having it for about 2 years I just couldn't stand the FWD any longer. Plus I was always afraid of the CVT going out. So last weekend I traded her in on a 2018 Q50 Luxe. So far I am liking the car but still getting used to it, (the 2 entertainment screens are kinda confusing, never sure what can be controlled by the jog dial).

So far I've heard that the things to look out for on the Q are the serpentine belt and leaky turbo's. I am surprised at how much worse the gas mileage is on the Q compared to the Max. Other than the turbo's it's the same engine right?

Anyway my first mods are going to be rims and tires and springs. After that, who knows? I don't think I'll get too crazy with this car. Maybe just exhaust and a tune.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was one cool thing about the Max. It had decent performance but also got really good gas mileage. I was regularly in the low 30's with that car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use the digital speedometer all the time. Much easier to read than the dial speedo.
There's a digital Speedo? That's what I used to leave the Max display on.

I didn't see that when I scrolled through the options. I tend to just leave it on the Stereo but I can see that by just looking to the right.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Should have swapped the wheels/tires set, rotors and calipers before you traded it in :LOL:
Yeah I wish I could have as I will most likely be buying another set of the same rims and doing the Akebono upgrade in the future. But I didn't keep any of the old parts.:mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Question folks, sucks that the Q doesn't have Android Auto. Is the only way to get traffic updates on the navigation system to subscribe to the XM traffic info?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts