Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going everybody?
New to this forum finally came around to posting my introduction. Coming over from the mbjunkies forums. Picked up my Q50s around November loving it very much. Looking forward to meeting you guys sometime. Meets or any other form :D
Let the mods begin

My previous car and baby was this Mercedes-Benz E350 sport and a quick run by shot of the Q

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Welcome to the forum man!

What mods are u planning?

·
Registered
12 Posts
welcome to the forum, how does the ride feel in comparison to the q50? I traded in a 2011 C300 sport for a new Q50...very happy, but it is just a different ride and feel imo. The merc felt planted + quite interior too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys good to be here
Gbert15 Tints are done, I want Teal Calipers and hats front lip waiting to see who develops an intake, exhaust I plan to order soon. Kind of wait on Ark and Magna flow and see what they have to offer and everything else

Rzm the ride is different, my benz felt solid on the road, this car is so much lighter big difference, also my benz had a very quiet interior also, I've noticed that I hear a lot of outside noise, sometimes I find myself checking if I left a window cracked. But regardless I love my Q I miss my Benz But I certainly do not take sides. Both great cars.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hmmmm black and teal? I wanna see how that turns out! Any plans on wheels and coils/springs? R2c and stillen should come out soon in terms of intakes!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Wheels I'm not sure yet as you can see my panda E350 rocked a set of bronze forgestars f14
Maybe CF10s? Not sure as of yet, I certainly am not a fan of the run flats though. And not sure about coil overs? I imagine you lost any function of the sport/snow/standard switch right? Who did calipers on your oreo? Very clean build I have been following you here and instegram but must have missed missed if you mentioned the shop.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Wheels I'm not sure yet as you can see my panda E350 rocked a set of bronze forgestars f14
Maybe CF10s? Not sure as of yet, I certainly am not a fan of the run flats though. And not sure about coil overs? I imagine you lost any function of the sport/snow/standard switch right?
Oh no! There wasnt any change is suspension performance! I believe its the das that u are configuring along with the transmission behavior with the flick of that switch! I didnt see any control or wiring that indicated any control over the shocks/springs behavior!

All functioning is there when I flick the switch!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh no! There wasnt any change is suspension performance! I believe its the das that u are configuring along with the transmission behavior with the flick of that switch! I didnt see any control or wiring that indicated any control over the shocks/springs behavior!

All functioning is there when I flick the switch!
Ah great now I can think about the coilovers without worry about any loss of function :D

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Nice nice! But if u have das just be sure to calibrate it after! Not sure if that is really a necessity but did that with mine just to be on the safe side! Hopefully u and many others will get their builds up soon! I wanna see and invite u guys to the annual sedan gtg meet around Aug or Sept! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice nice! But if u have das just be sure to calibrate it after! Not sure if that is really a necessity but did that with mine just to be on the safe side! Hopefully u and many others will get their builds up soon! I wanna see and invite u guys to the annual sedan gtg meet around Aug or Sept! :D
Oh I'm starting lol
Torn between lip or rear spoiler at the moment without touching exhaust money lol
Who did your calipers?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh I'm starting to build lol
Torn between lip or rear spoiler at the moment without touching exhaust money lol
Who did your calipers?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I got mine done @ r&j automotive @ gardena! Good price and detailed work! They know our cars(infiniti Gs mostly) really well!

Lip would be nice since u might not need paint while spoiler would probably need to be color matched but if doing calipers u might want to hit 2 birds with 1 stone!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
This is true
Decisions decisions
I wish someone could cover up those license plate holes my dealer decided to drill lol don't want my front plate there
Ahh that sucks bro! I was lucky I was able to tell my dealer to not drill on the front license plate! Only way would be painting the whole bumper and filling that hole with bondo!

Either way we have access to a lot of things in our area so just let me know if u need help with shop referals or anything man! :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Love what you did with the mercedes with the forgestars and the yakima rack fairing combo :D

go for the splitter first man, looks great with the black, stands out a little more then the spoiler I believe. as gbert said, cant wait to see the teal colored calipers either, ive been wanting to paint mine red but just havent been able to pull the trugger because I have trust issues with body shops and my black car LOL :p
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Love what you did with the mercedes with the forgestars and the yakima rack fairing combo :D

go for the splitter first man, looks great with the black, stands out a little more then the spoiler I believe. as gbert said, cant wait to see the teal colored calipers either, ive been wanting to paint mine red but just havent been able to pull the trugger because I have trust issues with body shops and my black car LOL :p
You can always try and swap with others that have painted akebono calipers and want to go back to stock! Platinumv37 has/had a set of yellow ones! Not sure if he sold it already!

Another option would be to powdercoat them for stronger paint quality but it might be expensive and might need to buy new seals! My painter was experienced enough to paint the calipers properly without having to replace the seals! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Thanks man I worked hard on that benz including the E63 front end conversion and rear end conversion with cl55 amg exhaust
And Teal it shall be
I guess lip will be ordered lol

You can always try and swap with others that have painted akebono calipers and want to go back to stock! Platinumv37 has/had a set of yellow ones! Not sure if he sold it already!

Another option would be to powdercoat them for stronger paint quality but it might be expensive and might need to buy new seals! My painter was experienced enough to paint the calipers properly without having to replace the seals! :)
Thank you for your help
I will see if I can make my way to that shop ask what's up any one I should ask for?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Thanks man I worked hard on that benz including the E63 front end conversion and rear end conversion with cl55 amg exhaust
And Teal it shall be
I guess lip will be ordered lol

Thank you for your help
I will see if I can make my way to that shop ask what's up any one I should ask for?
Pm me! Ill give u the guys number! They are only 2 brothers Ralph and Jesse and work at that personal shop of theirs @ night! Very knowledgeable and awesome work done! Pm me if u want their number!

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
welcome to the forum, how does the ride feel in comparison to the q50? I traded in a 2011 C300 sport for a new Q50...very happy, but it is just a different ride and feel imo. The merc felt planted + quite interior too.
I feel like the C-Class is a little underrated/overlooked and I rarely see it in the running compared to cars such as the Q50, IS, 3-Series...etc. The new C-Class looks great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.