Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2010 G37S that was totaled in January and I really miss that car. I have decided to purchase a 2016 Red Sport and I would like to know what is the largest staggered set of 20 inch rims I can fit on the vehicle front and back without the wheels / tires sticking out. I am keeping everything else stock.
I was able to keep my Ferada F4s from the g they are 19's with I believe 285's in the rear and 245's in the front but I was told they would stick out a tad bit in the rear of the Q50...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
2,663 Posts
I had a 2010 G37S that was totaled in January and I really miss that car. I have decided to purchase a 2016 Red Sport and I would like to know what is the largest staggered set of 20 inch rims I can fit on the vehicle front and back without the wheels / tires sticking out. I am keeping everything else stock.
I was able to keep my Ferada F4s from the g they are 19's with I believe 285's in the rear and 245's in the front but I was told they would stick out a tad bit in the rear of the Q50...
Disregarding offset, in my humble opinion, 275s on the rear on a 10" rim and 255s on the front on a 9.5" rim looks nice and flush with just the right amount of stretch. I have 255s on the front with 9.5" width and it is 100% perfect. I have 275s on the rear with 10.5" width and the rim sticks out just ever so slightly and they look ever so slightly too stretched. What widths are you running? Good luck. And welcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Disregarding offset, in my humble opinion, 275s on the rear on a 10" rim and 255s on the front on a 9.5" rim looks nice and flush with just the right amount of stretch. I have 255s on the front with 9.5" width and it is 100% perfect. I have 275s on the rear with 10.5" width and the rim sticks out just ever so slightly and they look ever so slightly too stretched. What widths are you running? Good luck. And welcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You,
I have yet to the purchase the car, I am shopping around for the best price plus I had to deploy to Afghanistan and will be here until August or Sept. I called Element Wheels because that's where I purchased the Ferada F4s from and they recommended I do the 20s. I like the wide rear look the 19s gave on the G37.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
457 Posts
Size of rim-tire-combination also depends on rim offset (Einpresstiefe ET). Negative ET will bring your wheel more to the outside, so you don't have to go on big sizes if you don't want too...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for all your help, I am looking forward to picking out my new to me, Q50 Red Sport..

·
Registered
718 Posts
First....Thank you for your service. Welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Welcome to the site.

There is a dedicated wheel and tire fitment thread stuck to the top of the wheel soon forum. Tons of info there and you'll get much better response as well. Check it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts