Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I have this one from TBW Performance installed on my '17 Q60S AWD:

Aluminum Under Tray for AWD 2014-2020 Infiniti Q50 & 2016-2020 Q60 (V37) BLACK

I left a review on their website of the fitting issues I encountered, but otherwise it's attached at all its mounting points now.

I have not changed my oil & filter using the access door yet, but it appears to allow enough space to do the job.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,622 Posts
I also got the Sale e-mail. It's been on my wish list. But I'm waffling. I need a replacement Best Active coilover from Z1 and the communication has been very lacking. Not sure I want to give them mor $. In the event it comes damaged I forsee problems.

Not every company has CS like FI, and Specialty Z. They spoiled me

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
912 Posts
I have the TBW on my AWD the 2 mounting “tabs” didn’t line up but took 2 seconds to bend each one in about 1/4” and then perfect fitment. The access door allows a ton of room to do whatever you want. But the first time i went to put it back on it was a pain, idk if i bent it taking off somehow or what, some massage work got it to fit back on perfectly and now removes/attaches perfectly.

Overall it’s pretty sweet. I’d be curious to compare the angle of “drop” on the transition on both. The TBW is a tad steep for ideal aero. But space/design limitations not sure if it’s possible the Z1 could have been made better in this regards.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,555 Posts
I don't really have any interest in these but I have to tell you, getting that oil change service door might be worth the $200 alone. Why the heck do manufacturers hide the drain plug and filter behind a shroud???

I changed my wife's Fusion's oil last week and I was cussing the whole time. I have to jack up two sides of the car, not just one. 10 wasted minutes getting it off. I seem to break at least one of the female plastic parts every time. 25 wasted minutes putting it on. You can't just screw the bolt in with one hand. You have to hammer it a little until bites. You need three hands to get the first bolt in! If hammering didn't work, try it again. Arggghh. lol

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
912 Posts
This, plus a fumoto valve makes oil changes a breeze blind folded.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,555 Posts
This, plus a fumoto valve makes oil changes a breeze blind folded.
Had to look that up! Wow, no oil all over my hand and no having to fish the drain plug out of the old oil. Tempting. But I don't know if I could sleep at night without a magnetic plug that I can wipe clean with each oil change! lol

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
912 Posts
Had to look that up! Wow, no oil all over my hand and no having to fish the drain plug out of the old oil. Tempting. But I don't know if I could sleep at night without a magnetic plug that I can wipe clean with each oil change! lol
That is the one downside. But hopefully the filter is doing it’s job, and maybe the ease of doing so you’ll do it a little more frequently.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I don't really have any interest in these but I have to tell you, getting that oil change service door might be worth the $200 alone.
If you ever drove over and struck something on the road at speed, you'd think about getting an Aluminum Belly Pan.

On one of my previous cars, an Audi A4 which had been lowered 1" with C/Os, I installed an Aluminum Belly Pan/Skid Plate. About 6 months later, on a rainy evening, as I approached an intersection in the left hand lane, I struck what appeared to be a huge rock in the middle of the lane, and proceeded to drag it about 5 feet. I backed up and drove around it. The "rock" turned out to be the end of the concrete curbing that someone had dislodged into the lane, at somepoinr. WSDOT uses curbing for traffic control, to prevent/control left turn access to side roads.

If I had struck the fragment of curbing with the OEM plastic belly pan, the oil pan would have likely been hit. As it happened, I continued on our trip. When I returned home and checked the Aluminum Belly Pan, you could see the impact point and a drag mark, but otherwise it was OK.

So yeah, I think an Aluminum Belly Pan/Skid Plate is a worthwhile investment.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,477 Posts
I took the undertray off my Legacy GT and never looked back. I have left the one on my wife's Escape because it has some air ducting built in to it and I'm afraid of taking that functionality away. I want to take it off the Q but I change oil only once a year (about every 4000 miles) so it isn't all that bad, but I curse a blue streak every time I have to take off one of these stupid a$$ things. I believe the oil change monkeys purposely "lose" half the fasteners so the shield falls off by the next time they see the car.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,555 Posts
I took the undertray off my Legacy GT and never looked back. I have left the one on my wife's Escape because it has some air ducting built in to it and I'm afraid of taking that functionality away. I want to take it off the Q but I change oil only once a year (about every 4000 miles) so it isn't all that bad, but I curse a blue streak every time I have to take off one of these stupid a$$ things. I believe the oil change monkeys purposely "lose" half the fasteners so the shield falls off by the next time they see the car.
Now that's a tempting solution. Undertray be gone!

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,622 Posts
I bought onr for my Golf TDI after my wife hit a bolder on the crown of a dirt road cracking the cast aluminum oil pan. Well worth it as it saved my oil pan at least two times. Paid for it's self three times over.

I just placed an order for the Z1 AL under tray. I've put it off for 2 years. I'm not sure how my OEM one looks after plowing through the snow drift at the end of my driveway a couple of months ago.

Reactions: Batell

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,555 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I bought one for my Golf TDI after my wife hit a bolder on the crown of a dirt road cracking the cast aluminum oil pan. Well worth it as it saved my oil pan at least two times. Paid for it's self three times over.
Yeah, well between a busted oil pan, the potential of losing all your oil (pressure) like that, the tow to the dealership, the waiting for a new oil pan or a new engine, the $199 Skid Plate cost is cheap insurance.

Reactions: tcaggiano

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I will take it as a positive feedback on these. I will get one ordered then! Just like Iridium said it's a good and cheap insurance. I was always worried about that PLASTIC oil pan.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,622 Posts
I bought onr for my Golf TDI after my wife hit a bolder on the crown of a dirt road cracking the cast aluminum oil pan. Well worth it as it saved my oil pan at least two times. Paid for it's self three times over.

I just placed an order for the Z1 AL under tray. I've put it off for 2 years. I'm not sure how my OEM one looks after plowing through the snow drift at the end of my driveway a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,622 Posts
That was fast. They are temporary Out Of Stock. The one I ordered at midnight last night and it's shipped.👍 It may have been the last of this batch.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damnnnn!!!!!!! I will wait for the next batch then!

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
2WD/RWD is out of stock.... AWD is still in stock. Just ordered mine

1 - 20 of 40 Posts